Jump to content

College Football 2021-22: Spinning up the Conference Carousel


Rhom
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Depends on who the one loss teams are at the end. Cincy has a cupcake schedule and their only real game is against a weak ND team. They might make the CFP, but they'll get blown out.

Uh…they were the last team to play Georgia close (lost 24-21 in the Peach Bowl last year). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Last year means less than Lone Star's relationship to Dark Helmet. 

Still eagerly awaiting the release of SpaceBalls 2:  The Search For More Money

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Still eagerly awaiting the release of SpaceBalls 2:  The Search For More Money

Best to just settle for the HBO doc on Brooks' life. It's rather sweet. The man was even more talented than I realized.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Penn St and Illinois in a 9 OT thriller. Most of the time is spent walking to the other end of the field after they both do, and mostly fail, their 2-point attempts. This is weird.

Illinois wins!

Edited by Ramsay B.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Penn St and Illinois in a 9 OT thriller. Most of the time is spent walking to the other end of the field after they both do, and mostly fail, their 2-point attempts. This is weird.

Illinois wins!

Only the Big Ten can do a 9OT game and score under 40.

Also, I thought Maryland did crab cakes and football. Not seeing the latter so far.

ETA: A 27-20 win over Navy should count as a loss in the rankings for Cincy.

Edited by Tywin et al.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kalsandra said:

Didn't someone earlier in this thread say that because cincy only lost by 7 to Georgia last year that they might be good?

Good times

Oh please. It was a pitiful showing by the Bearcats today, but hardly anyone looks great this year. Oklahoma needed 21 4th quarter points to scrape by 1-5 Kansas. Before this week Cincinnati was playing as well as anyone in the country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Oh please. It was a pitiful showing by the Bearcats today, but hardly anyone looks great this year. Oklahoma needed 21 4th quarter points to scrape by 1-5 Kansas. Before this week Cincinnati was playing as well as anyone in the country. 

Their schedule is a joke compared to what other teams have to face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Their schedule is a joke compared to what other teams have to face. 

No one ever argued the AAC was a strong conference. They’re moving to the Big 12 next year though, so it will be a much stronger schedule going forward.

Disappointing game today for sure, but hey, at least we didn’t lose to Bowling Green. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Disappointing game today for sure, but hey, at least we didn’t lose to Bowling Green. :P

Game didn't air on TV, so it didn't happen. 5-1 baby!!! :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Only the Big Ten can do a 9OT game and score under 40.

I was just looking over scores from yesterday and saw that.  Definitely had to do a double take.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kalsandra said:

To be clear I think if cinci wins out they should go to the playoffs. 

But I also think that they will be crushed and it won't be pretty. There's a difference between best team and most deserving one. 

Should a team that has no chance take a spot from say, Ohio St? The latter will probably lose too, but at least they have a chance.

27 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I was just looking over scores from yesterday and saw that.  Definitely had to do a double take.

I had season tickets for three seasons at Minny and travel to a handful of conference games, including games the Gophers weren't playing in. The Big Ten produces a lot of weird results. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Should a team that has no chance take a spot from say, Ohio St? The latter will probably lose too, but at least they have a chance.

Yes, because Ohio state lost at home to a shitty Oregon team and Cincinnati in theory did not lose. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Kalsandra said:

Yes, because Ohio state lost at home to a shitty Oregon team and Cincinnati in theory did not lose. 

 

The Ducks are way better than ND, and that's the only real team Cincy had to face. Beating ND on a down year and running the table on a cupcake schedule should not be a resume that qualifies for the final four when Bama and Georgia are pretty clear locks for two of the spots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Ducks are way better than ND, and that's the only real team Cincy had to face. Beating ND on a down year and running the table on a cupcake schedule should not be a resume that qualifies for the final four when Bama and Georgia are pretty clear locks for two of the spots.

If they're undefeated thats enough of a resume. It always has been. I doubt seriously that they're even one of the top 10 teams in the country, but it doesn't matter. Undefeated means they should go in. 

That said Ohio state or Wisconsin is almost certainly going to go in, so the point is largely moot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kalsandra said:

If they're undefeated thats enough of a resume. It always has been.

UCF is in the same conference and got ignored when they went undefeated. To their credit they beat a top 15 ranked Auburn team in a bowl game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

UCF is in the same conference and got ignored when they went undefeated. To their credit they beat a top 15 ranked Auburn team in a bowl game.

And that sucked that they didn't get a chance! Let's not excuse making shitty decisions because we previously made shitty decisions!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...