Random Thoughts About ASOIAF

The Bard of Banefort

Well I tried this in another spot (small questions) but didn't get it answered, so thought I'd try it here. Why are the Fossoway's not Lords? Actually, add the Tallhearts and Glovers in their as well. I've always found it strange as all three houses seem very important in their respective regions (certainly more important than others who are called "Lord"), yet they don't have the title lord. Why not? 

7 minutes ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

Well I tried this in another spot (small questions) but didn't get it answered, so thought I'd try it here. Why are the Fossoway's not Lords? Actually, add the Tallhearts and Glovers in their as well. I've always found it strange as all three houses seem very important in their respective regions (certainly more important than others who are called "Lord"), yet they don't have the title lord. Why not? 

Aren't they lords of Cider Hall?

2 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Maybe their rank is too low for lordship. 

Yeah, that's my question, why? lol. Okay, I'll give examples. Why is Elwood Meadows a lord despite seemingly being...very unimportant, but not ..any of the Fossoways, who clearly are important and are constantly involved in the politics of the Reach. Why is Galbart Glover, who appears to be...one of the most important people in the north...not a lord, but then someone like Harwood Stout, a petty lord loyal to House Dustin...get the title of lord. 

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Steven Attewell (Race for the Iron Throne) has died from cancer. 

That’s very bad news.

Race for the Iron Throne, and Laboratory of Politics, were excellent.  His analysis of the Slavers Bay arc was especially good.

Edited by SeanF

7 hours ago, SeanF said:

That’s very bad news.

Race for the Iron Throne, and Laboratory of Politics, were excellent.  His analysis of the Slavers Bay arc was especially good.

He stopped doing the chapter reviews a year or two ago, and I had assumed that he just lost morale after waiting for Winds for so long. I hadn’t realized he was sick.

12 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

He stopped doing the chapter reviews a year or two ago, and I had assumed that he just lost morale after waiting for Winds for so long. I hadn’t realized he was sick.

He hadn't stopped. At the time of his death, he was working on Tyrion IX of ASOS and quite excited about it too.

:(