Football: Més que un thread - all boarders have been registered to post

A Horse Named Stranger

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Sancho is arguably the one player at United I feel genuinely sorry for. I mean, he is such a young and talented player, and he is in the middle of that dumpster fire.

Arteta should tap him up. 

3 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Why did Partey start for Arsenal at the weekend?  I know there is a media blockade during an ongoing investigation, so have I missed some reason for why he continues to represent the club while Greenwood and Mendy were placed on leave for the process?

Because the club has abandoned any sense of morality. 

I mean, unless those texts are forgeries, and I've seen no such suggestion, he admitted raping her and doesn't see any problem with what he did. 

He needs to get the fuck out of my football club. 

Jesus wept.  Nat Phillips is starting ahead of Gomez at CB, with Sepp VanDenBerg on the bench too.  Keita only on the bench after illness so Milner starts.  Henderson benched for Elliott, and Firmino injured doesn’t even make the bench.

That looks like a very makeshift lineup and a very thin bench.

Let’s hope Klopp has them fired up more than last week.

2 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Jesus wept.  Nat Phillips is starting ahead of Gomez at CB

Hmm, not sure about that. I'm pretty unconcerned about any of Konate, Matip or Gomez playing alongside Van Dijk but Phillips is a clear step down. It's a bit surprising to see that if Gomez is fit enough to be in the squad. 

To be fair Milner and Elliott were a massive improvement on the starting midfield last week so it's not a huge surprise to see them brought in.

The reason Partey's playing and Mendy isn't is because Mendy has been charged and Partey hasn't- City didn't drop Mendy till it was 'official' either (the difference being that it didn't come out till charges came up in their case).

Greenwood went immediately before any formal charge because there's absolutely no plausible deniability. We did go and buy Ronaldo though so no high horses for us. 

Agree with spocky.

No club named here, but this was the statement put out earlier this year to the athletic

The player's club said in a statement to The Athletic: “We are aware of the allegations which are currently the subject of a police investigation.

“We have confirmed that the player denies the allegations and is on police bail pending the outcome of their enquiries. There have been no charges laid and the player can fulfil his professional commitments including permitted travel.

“We take our commitments and responsibilities seriously and have followed our safeguarding policies and procedures.

“We will keep this matter under close consideration and will review further if circumstances change.”

Conflicted tonight. My Big Team Who Win Things are up against My Little Team Who Might Get Relegated.

After much consideration, my allegiances are tipped in the direction of (until things start to implode) viewing Arsenal as genuine dark horses for the league.

Come on you Eagles!

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

You get jail time for that in the real world. 

I think you’d have to actually properly headbutt someone rather than the stupid football headbutt thing. Still fucking stupid from Nunez though.

Good time for Diaz to get himself involved.

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

I think you’d have to actually properly headbutt someone rather than the stupid football headbutt thing. Still fucking stupid from Nunez though.

Good time for Diaz to get himself involved.

Looked like he proper nutted him to me. 

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

You're having a laugh. The clip is right there. Look at the way he went down. Straight as a board, like a tree. 

People who are play acting do not go down like that. People who've been fucking LAMPED go down like that. 

:lol: Come on, people who see the opportunity to get someone sent off go down like that. The last time I actually saw someone ‘proper nut’ someone it was a tight head prop who’s probably twice the size of Nunez. He smeared the other guys nose across his face and he still didn’t do down like Anderson did.

It was a clear red card but let’s not get hysterical.

Archived