Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

I am also sad that they've fixed the burned out cars with no wheels driving around, especially the police cars. Those were super entertaining to watch. 

ETA: this is what it looked like, and it was amazing to see them in action:

Edited by Kalnak the Magnificent

Now completed the other endings.

Spoiler

Handing her over to Reed after she admits she lied to you and the neural matrix only works for one person was, as Linda noted, the most mercenary of the endings. At least in the other where you give her to Reed, you do it because you believe he can save her and you, and you don't know the matrix will only work for one person.

Still prefer the other ending, as I feel that one makes Songbird the most sympathetic whereas this one... well, you need a very altruistic V to send her off to space. 

I have to say, the Phantom Liberty end credits are solid gold. Nice song and a vibe somewhere between James Bond and Arcane (with a dash of the Daredevil intro credits).

Spoiler

I picked the "hand over to Reed" ending as my canon one and just waiting for his call back. In the meantime, I'm stealing cars all over town for that sub-quest.

Not sure what's going on with Mr. Hands, I haven't completed all of his new quests yet but no new ones are popping up. He has warned me that a NetWatch assassin is on my tail though, so maybe that counts as one and I'll get more after dealing with them.

Edited by Werthead

If they want to stick to smaller scale stories for the games (like V fighting to survive) then maybe they want to cover the next Corpo war, that's very likely kicking off after the events of everything except the devil ending and possibly even still then, in the TV series and then the game can have it's smaller scope against the back drop of the war going on without needing to focus on it.

9 hours ago, Werthead said:

I haven't completed all of his new quests yet but no new ones are popping up.

I think you have to do them to advance anything more. Have you gotten "Run This Town"? It's pretty important, but it also seems to be the end point of the Mr. Hands gigs (hence doing it being an achievement).

My canon combines my first playthrough of CP2077 and PL, namely that

Spoiler

after V gives So Mi her death in the depths of Project Cynosure, he goes back to hunting for a cure. Befriends Rogue, ends up getting her help, kills Adam Smasher and destroys Mikoshi at the cost of Rogue's life, runs the Afterlife and gets approached by Mr. Blue Eyes.

And speaking of...

Spoiler

Mr. Blue Eyes is all over the terminal escape plan -- not only did he fund Songbird's trip to the Moon, but you'll even see him across a distance watching you from a window as you infiltrate the terminal. So in one sense, maybe the most natural "canon" here is that you actually help Songbird get to the moon, and then he comes to you and is dangling a reunion and use of what they've discovered of the neural matrix if you do the Crystal Palace.

But as anyone who remembers know, Mr. Blue Eyes is almost certainly an agent of rogue AIs... As the new dialog from Alt indicates, the only thing prevent the AI apocalypse is our tech is not yet advanced enough. I think Mr. Blue Eyes is actively working to fix that. So even my preferred ending is probably aiming at disaster...

Running into a couple of bugs 10 hours in now, like not being able to get into the car and a lot of random clipping and disappearing NPCs. Also the car driving mechanic is terrible, literally get stressed out whenever I have to drive and not crash into things, even worse than GTA. NPCs will suddenly stop their cars in the middle of the road and their general responsiveness to dangerous threats seems a bit buggy. The police will also chase me for just breaking my car on the pavement or driving through a gang barricade which seems over zealous. Inventory management UI also sucks, like backpacks, wardrobe,etc all needlessly separate menus, and crafting seems a bit convoluted .

On the plus side, love the main quest storyline but the side quests in Act 1 at least where I am right now are very boring and repetitive. Like all those fixer quests are literally just client wants you to steal something, kill someone, rescue someone variants etc. I’m still at the Watson lockdown phase so hopefully side quests will open up more later…

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

Fixer gigs sometimes provide interesting lore or connection to bigger things, but yes, they're mostly simple tasks with no running story (the fixer gigs in PL are similar but tend to be multi-part and have more complicated moral choices). Ditto with handling Cyberpsychos.

A lot of cars are definitely very light in their handling, but there's a good few that actually are pretty fun to drive -- the Caliburn, for example, or the Shion Coyote, that feel like they have good grip. That said, driving first person is asking for trouble, I always switch to third, even if the interiors are lovingly detailed.

Side jobs (yellow icons) tend to have larger scope and complexity, and some of the best stories in the game are side quests.

Quick question, without spoilers please. When should I play phantom liberty ? Before or after  finishing the main quest ? As of now it’s still unavailable to me cause I guess I need to reach a certain level\street CRED to unlock it.

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

47 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Quick question, without spoilers please. When should I play phantom liberty ? Before or after  finishing the main quest ? As of now it’s still unavailable to me cause I guess I need to reach a certain level\street CRED to unlock it.

Well, you can't do all the main quest - that ends the game.

I'd recommend doing it after at least doing whatever romance options you want to do and doing Judy's questlline.

You can't start it until after you finish the questline that starts with - act 2 spoilers here, you get these quests after your first conversation in act 2 but it's a spoiler if you're still on act 1

Spoiler

trying to track down Evelyn. This does not end when you finish the quest 'Disasterpiece' - there's a few in the chain after that.

Worth mentioning that you can wait as long as you want after receiving the phone call to start PL, but you're on a clock once you have a conversation just outside Dogtown. If you go do something else at that point you'll fail the entire DLC main questline lol. It does not trigger a game fail state either, so if you didn't realize you could continue playing with yourself locked out.

54 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

I've finished Disasterpiece but have not received any phone call yet. @karaddin, what should I be expecting to happen at this point in the narrative? 

Yeah its not after Disasterpiece, its the very end of that quest chain. Since you can read the spoilers I can answer much easier than I can for Rodrigo haha

Spoiler

Its after you finish with the VDBs, so after you give Brigitte and Placide some go faster holes (doesn't matter if I side with them or Netwatch, I still kill them. Brigitte signs her death warrant when she makes some crack about 'de whore was still useful'). You'll get an unusual call from Songbird but you can ignore the quest for as long as you like, but once you talk to her near the Dogtown entrance the clock starts.

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

There's a quest timer? 

Not a timer if you're doing the quest, but if you leave the area it fails. The first chunk of PL is completely linear, after the very start you can't even leave if you want to - I don't think you can even use your phone for quite a while. This makes complete sense within the context of the story, its not a criticism - just something to keep in mind as you start it.

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

Not a timer if you're doing the quest, but if you leave the area it fails. The first chunk of PL is completely linear, after the very start you can't even leave if you want to - I don't think you can even use your phone for quite a while. This makes complete sense within the context of the story, its not a criticism - just something to keep in mind as you start it.

Gotcha, thank you. I've been trying to get into Dogtown by just putzing around south of the church in Pacifica, and haven't been able to find any sort of obvious way in (I admit to the possibility of Boy Look being very likely!)