[Poll] How would you rate episode 110?

Ran

How would you rate episode 110?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

Glad to see the positive reception as it was my favourite episode. I was mixed on the series after last week's debacle but this was a great recovery and a brilliant finale. 

The Storm's End stuff is the best dragon related content we've gotten from either show. The Jaws and Jurassic Park comparisons are legit - Vhagar's presence was so ominous and they built the tension up so well - I felt Luke's panic and terror and he tried to escape. I think Aemond losing control is actually quite fitting. 

On the whole the series delivered - Some pretty major flaws, especially with episode endings - but after late stage GOT this was always going to be a rehabilitation job and I think they've accomplished that. 

21 hours ago, DMC said:

Daemon thinking it was foolish just further demonstrates it was the wise decision.  And based on this episode, clearly would have gone against Rhaenyra's wishes until Luke is killed.

I mean, I disagree with your reasoning, but I'm not ready to return to this Ouroboros of a debate.

7 minutes ago, IFR said:

I mean, I disagree with your reasoning, but I'm not ready to return to this Ouroboros of a debate.

You disagree this episode made it clear Rhaenyra wouldn't have wanted Rhaenys to roast them all at that point?

Edited by DMC

1 hour ago, DMC said:

You disagree this episode made it clear Rhaenyra wouldn't have wanted Rhaenys to roast them all at that point?

No, Rhaenyra would not have approved. I disagree that Rhaenys not burning Team Green was anything but very foolish. We've been through that discussion though. However, I don't know about you but I don't have an infinite constitution to debate on trivial speculation about a tv show. We clearly will not agree on this matter, and I am perfectly fine with that.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:10 AM, Frey family reunion said:

I think their relationship borders more on the empathic than telepathic.  I think they have a strong bond of loyalty to their riders and pick up on their emotions, but I don't think it rises to the level of knowing their rider's thoughts.  

Right...because if it were telepathic, it'd be skinchanging.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, Sandy Clegg said:

Amazing 'Jaws' vibes from that last scene. I'm glad they went with that eerie vibe rather than a more straightforward dragon fight.

It was giving "Jurassic Park" at Storm's End but "Jaws" up in the air. I loved it.

On 10/24/2022 at 4:27 AM, TormundsWoman said:

What is sad is that Aemond seemed to not control his own dragon. And quite frankly his “not intending” to kill Luke when he has the largest, grumpiest and meanest beast in the skies but chasing him like he means it, makes the character look a bit stupid. Every Targaryen knows the dragons are attuned to how their riders feel. And he meant to take out Luke’s eye at least. What did he think Vaghar will do?!

Today I learned that dragons are terrible at surgically amputating human eyes.

They brought it back. 9/10. I guess that’s what Matt Smith, Corlys, the Velaryn score and dragon content will do for you. this was prime stuff. I have a few minor complaints but overall  this was everything that good entertainment should be.

Adult Rhaenyra has also sort of grown on me and she has very intriguing dynamic with Daemon (especially this episode), who has also grown on me. Peace Nobel prize for Lord Baratheon, the only person in the seven kingdom who isn’t comfortable with murder at formal events under his roof.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:51 PM, TeethGrinder said:

The Storm's End stuff is the best dragon related content we've gotten from either show.

I just wanted to quote this for truth. This episode showed season 8 how dragon content is done. It was chef’s kiss. 

In isolation, 7/10. The storms end scene was excellent. And the pacing was fine, big subtraction for the birth scene. 

As part of a wider narrative 0/10. After the previous episode of making the Greens to be incoherent villains with no real motivation, framing Rhaenyra’s crowning as an avengers assemble moment did a lot to destroy the viability of this conflict having any long term merit. And her serious consideration of surrender was a joke.