Arya, the Darkheart

10 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I've lost track of whether or not Arya is meant to be an ally of the Others.

Same here. But if we go by the pattern, then yes. Right? Aren’t all the Pokémon Starks - Darkeart, Iceheart, Madheart, et al - supposed to ally w/ the Others and grind death and destruction on all that’s good and pure in the world? 

15 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I think the term you're looking for is "drivel."

I've lost track of whether or not Arya is meant to be an ally of the Others.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Same here. But if we go by the pattern, then yes. Right? Aren’t all the Pokémon Starks - Darkeart, Iceheart, Madheart, et al - supposed to ally w/ the Others and grind death and destruction on all that’s good and pure in the world? 

Guys, there is a subtle difference. Darkheart is not explicitly an ally of the Others but rather will spur on Iceheart into letting them in.

4 minutes ago, Back in Black-Snow said:

It has been a problem. But it doesn't help that we have several people making posts that are intended to antagonize and provoke them. Which is it? Do you want them to go away, or do you secretly get pleasure from arguing with them? (You in the general sense; not referring to anyone specific)

Different strategies have been used by different people, from ignoring the idiocy to calling it out, and the outcome is always the same. Personally I think these idiotic fanfic-ish & wholly unsupported ‘theories’ should be called out and mercilessly mocked for the absolute bollocks they are. YMMV. 

Different strategies have been used by different people, from ignoring the idiocy to calling it out, and the outcome is always the same. Personally I think these idiotic fanfic-ish & wholly unsupported ‘theories’ should be called out and mercilessly mocked for the absolute bollocks they are. YMMV. 

Ignoring doesn't work because they all respond to each other with the same copy-pasted-esque stuff.

48 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Ignoring doesn't work because they all respond to each other with the same copy-pasted-esque stuff.

Exactly. Even the now so common resurrecting of dead threads serves this purpose, it’s a renewed opportunity to not only spew more nonsense but also more copy+paste and patting each other on the back and commenting on how clever they are. :rolleyes:

I get it. It definitely leaves a bad taste in the mouth if you are trying to have a legitimate discussion about anything. I have always been more of a lurker than an actual poster, but is definitely discouraging when you (again, general) try to post an OP for real discussion and it quickly gets hijacked and dies on the vine.

But I have to be honest, most times I post an OP, it is usually just to get a conversation started, then I politely step back and let some of you better minds take it where you will.

I get more pleasure from reading your opinions than I do posting myself.

19 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, it’s been an ongoing issue for years, and at this point it’s mostly annoying af though it can still be entertaining at times in a very head-scratching sort of way. 

19 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I'm just impressed at the dedication, tbh. I mean, I have fictional characters that I wish would die horrible deaths, but I don't post for years about it. 

19 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Probably a combo, and :lol: perfect spot on definition there! 

:hat:

5 hours ago, Back in Black-Snow said:

It has been a problem. But it doesn't help that we have several people making posts that are intended to antagonize and provoke them. Which is it? Do you want them to go away, or do you secretly get pleasure from arguing with them? (You in the general sense; not referring to anyone specific)

For me, when I was arguing with them, I had fun just reading the stuff, but if it went on for a billion pages, I'd start to get really ticked off. I do try to just laugh at them, but some of the stuff is so hilariously stupid that I have to reply. 

They make themselves sound like idiots and everyone knows that they are, so it's kind of easy to post about them. 

I'm just confused on how all of us can have a massive argument stretching for pages and pages, and no one ever seems to change their mind. 

Edited by Jaenara Belarys

43 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I'm just impressed at the dedication, tbh. I mean, I have fictional characters that I wish would die horrible deaths, but I don't post for years about it. 

I hear ya. That’s why I said they deserve  ‘A for commitment, F for content’. 

43 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

For me, when I was arguing with them, I had fun just reading the stuff, but if it went on for a billion pages, I'd start to get really ticked off. I do try to just laugh at them, but some of the stuff is so hilariously stupid that I have to reply. 

They make themselves sound like idiots and everyone knows that they are, so it's kind of easy to post about them. 

That’s what gets me scratching my head so often. I’ll never understand wanting to troll others so badly you’re willing to come across as someone w/ the reading comprehension of an overcooked Brussels sprout. 
I’m old enough to remember when people felt embarrassed about seeming stupid, but now they wear it like a badge of honour - both here and irl.

Edited by kissdbyfire

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

That’s what gets me scratching my head so often. I’ll never understand wanting to troll others so badly you’re willing to come across as someone w/ the reading comprehension of an overcooked Brussels sprout. 

And it's never seemed to be ironic in any way. 

"over cooked Brussels sprout" lmao :lmao:

I’m old enough to remember when people felt embarrassed about seeming stupid, but now they wear it like a badge of honour - both here and irl.

I know, it seems like when I'm scrolling on Instagram and I see people saying and doing stupid stuff, people think it's hilarious and cool. Idk, it seems like torturing your teacher enough that she leaves is a pretty douche move. Not to mention planting a whole ass tree into a toilet, setting a fire in trash bin and shoving it into the stall, etc. 

5 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

I had proposed a punishment where Arya would lose an eye for killing the old man and then losing a hand for killing Dareon.  It seems fair to me.  Since she killed them her punishment should have a permanent negative impact in her life. 

Have you also decided which 163 body parts Dany should lose?

2 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I mean.....those were slavers who had 163 kids crucified. 

This thread is littered w/ comments saying a traumatised 11 yr old should be put to death among other things for killing a man who was likely scheming widows and orphans out of their insurance money and a vain NW deserter w/ a touch of paedophilia who abandoned his companions, including a sick elderly man and a baby, to their own fates knowing they had no money, didn’t know anyone in Braavos, etc.

Are slavers evil and vile? Of course. Should Dany be lauded for fighting against it and trying to eradicate the nefarious practice? Absolutely. 

But if “murder is murder” yadda yadda yadda, then that was murder as well, and not only of adults but children above 12 also. The double standards applied should be called out imo, that’s all. 

On 9/17/2023 at 10:35 AM, kissdbyfire said:

But if “murder is murder” yadda yadda yadda, then that was murder as well, and not only of adults but children above 12 also. The double standards applied should be called out imo, that’s all. 

That's true, I forgot about that. I was confused when I read that line because I was thinking, how are they going to figure out how old some kid is? Some kids in middle school looked more like high schoolers, and I'm still short compared to most.

2 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

That's true, I forgot about that. I was confused when I read that line because I was thinking, how are they going to figure out how old some kid is? Some kids in middle school looked more like high schoolers, and I'm still short compared to most.

Yeah, doesn’t make much sense to me either. It’s not like they can walk around asking everyone their ages. Anyhoo, I just meant to call out the double standards and hypocrisy.

I chose to omit Arya from my list at "Characters who suffered but for who you have no sympathy" discussion.  Indeed she has suffered but in no way do those experiences justify the murders of the insurance underwriter and the black brother.  It is fair to extend Arya a small amount of mercy because of her mental illness. 

On 9/16/2023 at 8:53 AM, LongRider said:

So I decided to that all the Starks need a heart moniker.  What would you heart name would you give them?

Lost His Head Heart

Hang 'em High Heart

Married Too Young Heart

Secrets Heart

Dark Heart

Tree Heart 

Wolf Heart

Ice Heart

The Broken Heart is Sansa.  Bran is the Heartworm.