2023 College Football

DireWolfSpirit

And with that dominating... (checks box score) 10-7 win, the Iowa Hawkeyes are atop the Big 10 West.

I mean I loved living there and am wearing a dirty old Hawkeye hoodie right now, but come-the-fuck-on. Our 81 points scored through 6 games would be tied for last in the Big10 East. Point differential is -5. Yet somehow 4 and 2. Surely this is the worst division leader in NCAAF ever.

19 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

And with that dominating... (checks box score) 10-7 win, the Iowa Hawkeyes are atop the Big 10 West.

I mean I loved living there and am wearing a dirty old Hawkeye hoodie right now, but come-the-fuck-on. Our 81 points scored through 6 games would be tied for last in the Big10 East. Point differential is -5. Yet somehow 4 and 2. Surely this is the worst division leader in NCAAF ever.

The B10 West in general is hard to watch. The realignment is going to be comedy gold if USC, Washington and Oregon are lumped in with Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. I could be wrong, but I think there's a good chance it will cause the former to get lower rankings for the expanded CFP due to that style of play not working if they have to play at the latter schools in November. We'll see. 

Hell of coup for the B10 business side though. The ideal set up is to have one big school from each state to boost the TV money. If they can add a good team from TX and FL it will spike that much more. 

From what I understand the Big Ten will not have divisions next year. The will be scrapped in favor of a nine game conference schedule that rotates so that everyone plays each other at least once ever three(?) years.

More details here

https://bigten.org/news/2023/10/4/big-ten-conference-announces-future-football-schedule-formats-for-2024-28.aspx