2023 College Football

DireWolfSpirit

https://x.com/slmandel/status/1704130629523386856?s=20

I'm still really struggling to get Tweets to show up on the forum these days.

So anyways:

My. Goodness.

Colorado-CSU got **9.3 million** viewers, ESPN's most-watched late-night game on record and fifth-highest of any regular season game on record.

For reference: The typical Pac-12 After Dark game gets between 1 to 2 million.

— Stewart Mandel

That is insane to me.  Can you imagine what they'll draw for Oregon this week???

The bad Travis is out today. Not taking what’s given, and just hoisting up 50/50 balls downfield nonstop. A blatant missed defensive holding on that 4th down too. This infuriating game goes to OT. 

ETA: They finally did it!! But this team has some glaring holes. The inability to run all of a sudden, and the secondary has been trash.

ETA2: Oregon ain’t fucking around. Fake punt from their own 17. 

Edited by Ramsay B.

I don’t like these green uniforms for Notre Dame.  My grumpy old man thoughts are that they look like Oregon.

The nouveau riche need fad uniforms to gain notoriety; but some programs should just stay with the classics.

46 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

My ND buddy just texted me that they had 10 guys on the field for the last 2 plays. Classic

Just saw that from ESPN Twitter. Insane.  So now the narrative can be how Freeman is too inexperienced for big games, right?

https://x.com/sportscenter/status/1705783170346451400?s=46&t=q3qEtSbkSoutm2uzooA_0Q

BIG Ten is awful this year. If OSU is the best team yikes. Indiana earns a  4OT win over Akron!!!!.  My Spartans are braving new frontiers of bad. Iowa's O.C is back below 25pts per game. Lethargic performances all around. in the Big Ten. PSU looks good but Franklin is good for a loss or two.

PAC12 looks great. In a more just world where winning mattered and not money, they would be raiding the BIG for teams to forge super conference.

14 hours ago, Freshwater Spartan said:

PAC12 looks great. In a more just world where winning mattered and not money, they would be raiding the BIG for teams to forge super conference.

In a just world you wouldn't have a hot take on 1/4 of one season and forget just how bad the PAC has been for a decade and suggest they do exactly what they did, raided one to make a super conference, the B1G. Imagine if the merge was this year and you had USC, Oregon, OSU, PSU, Michigan, Washington, all undefeated still and  Iowa, Wisconsin, Rutgers(lol) and UCLA all at 3-1.  Sounds super to me.   

Sparty is welcome to defect to the PAC 2 if they would take you! Go Blue!