Eurocommie 2006: London May 5th-8th.

Padraig

I haven't seen the whole thread here - but seeing as it is early May, will there be a big pole with ribbons?

I have a reputation to keep here (as being the innocent and shy one), otherwise I'd love to inform you on all the different forms of lore that are related to Beltaine/early may and are somewhat more active than the symbolic wrapping of female ribbons around phallic symbols :) So going for poles and ribbons would probably be a good idea since we all are so very morally concerned :)

I have a reputation to keep here (as being the innocent and shy one), otherwise I'd love to inform you on all the different forms of lore that are related to Beltaine/early may and are somewhat more active than the symbolic wrapping of female ribbons around phallic symbols :) So going for poles and ribbons would probably be a good idea since we all are so very morally concerned :)

Did she just hit on us?

who's in London these days? Chal, you're there, right? Can I get a show of hands?

If it's going to be London, then I might as well set up some interviews and see about working over there. I've been wanting to do that for a while. Also will have to hit y'all up for a short list of reasonably priced and conevniently located hotel accomodations.

Just had a thought. A Game of Thrones was first published in the UK in April 1996. So we could make this gathering in honour of the Tenth Anniversary of A Song of Ice and Fire. I suggest we do this by consuming alcohol and loudly toasting George R.R. Martin, :cheers: to the consternation of anyone else in the pub at the time. Party hats optional! :P

Ah, the things we'd do for love!

Love of GRRM, of, course. Plus, there's nothing like a really good excuse for consuming alcohol, toasting and general mayhem. If I've gathered anything from the reports of other BWB gatherings, even a bad one would do nicely, though. :) Count me definitely in, Werthead!

Sorry Mel. :P Although this is still in prep. It would be great if you could come of course. :) And normally we take the cheap option for these informal get togethers. Hostels rather than hotels etc.

As for sword. Well...sure...but you don't need protection from us! ;)

No worries , Pod , everything`s worked out fanasticly , i get to party twice . You can put me down as a definate aswell Filipa. I know people in London to crash with , two of my many sandsnake like sisters live in central London , but it would be more fun to have a place that we can all inhabit . If we are only there for a weekend that doesn`t leave much time for sleeping anyway . We could do a ten pub crawl for the anniversary ? Ambitious I know , for starters it would mean everyone still being able to walk .

Archived