Eurocommie 2006: London May 5th-8th.

Padraig

should I put you down on the lists somewhere, sis? possible for both locations?

As for costs, we're thinking of staying at a hostel if it's London - no idea about Barcelona, people were mentioning getting a house; there are some links in the other Eurocommie thread.

Though I'm definitely bringing more cash with me this time; it's better than remembering to give the money back to Zak for the next 3 months :)

another stunning reason for a piss-up Mel!

For London: I've quickly checked out prices for a hostel and it looks to be roughly the same as Edinburgh; £14 pppn. Above and beyond that it's just how much beer you can drink.

I know nothing about Barcelona, but I doubt it would be much more (it could even end up being less).

N

Dont think there are many more votes to cast, so it would seem that London has pretty much won as many more of us can do (or probably do) London rather than Barcelona.

If we have an agreement we need to sort dates again. Are we going to move the dates to coincide with Ser Stubby's visit (which would make sense to me) on the 1st may? This would mean our party would possibly run from 28th/29th april to 1st may (bank holiday monday).

The alternative is to stick to our original 6th to 8th may.

Any ideas?

I think Chal and Filipa have already put in for time off at work from the original dates of the 5th through 8th? I think me and Daj are good for either weekend though.

The weekend before is going to present problems for me. The British Cardiology Congress is on until the 27th April and they always throw up a lot of work before and after the event. Sorry.

N

As for the Barcelona v London decision...it seems that everyone who can definitely/probably make the Barcelona meet can also make the London thing. And there is a lot more people who can get to London. Bearing those facts in mind, I suppose it makes sense to formally change the Eurocommie 2006 destination to London? I'll leave it till tomorrow before changing it, so if anyone has opinions on this, feel free to voice it. :)

It is a pity we can't combine this meet with Ser Stubby's visit but there might be small gatherings with him in London/Scotland etc anyhow.

Haha , didn`t tell me about this one Pod . There is no escape ... Thing is my birthday is 8th of May , and it`s my 29th so I better get some training in for the big one next year . I`ve been initiated into several wyrd groups of people , so bring it on , what you got and can I bring my sword ? I`d be happy in London or Barcelona ( as a big appreciator of Gaudi`s work ) . Any ideas on costs ? Depends how much beer I drink I suppose ...

Sorry Mel. :P Although this is still in prep. It would be great if you could come of course. :) And normally we take the cheap option for these informal get togethers. Hostels rather than hotels etc.

As for sword. Well...sure...but you don't need protection from us! ;)

Okay, look away for five seconds and all the plans change...

I'm a probable for London (which seems to be the final decision anyway), although I'd probably only be able to pop down for 1 day or evening depending on work. Ironically I am going to be in Alcossebre visiting my mum later that month (which is about 2 hours from Barcelona) but not on those dates. That's quite a list we've got there. Do we have to wear name badges and home-made BwB paper hats so we can identify who's who? :)

Archived