Victims of Stark Justice: Gared, Janos, and Dareon

James West

1 minute ago, sifth said:

I think this user or group of users,  is the head of Lannister PR.

Yes!  What's a little misdirection from the real creeps like Tywin.   Also, he advertises his new threads in other threads too.  Now that's PR!

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

The head of Lannister PR would have more competent arguments. And wouldn't praise Daenerys and treat her as the rightful ruler 

I would like to disagree as a good PR firm will have more than one client.  As for Dany, just thinking ahead.

/s

15 hours ago, James West said:

1.   Ned Stark beheads a deserter from the Night's Watch who was suffering from PTSD.  The man had an important message.  Unfortunately, the Starks did not take the man seriously and promptly kills him.  How different might the story be if the man's warning was taken seriously.  Westeros would have been better prepared for what is coming.  

2.  Ned's bastard, the lord commander at the Night's Watch, Jon Snow, beheads Janos Slynt.  Janos was a rude man who was initially resistant to go on a suicide mission given to him by Lord Commander Jon Snow.  The execution was a set up.  Jon Snow orchestrated the situation knowing that Janos would most likely resist and thus give him an opportunity to kill the man who was an enemy of his father, Ned Stark.  Read the scene carefully and it is clear that Janos finally agreed to go.  Jon had made his point and already gave a demonstration of breaking the man in public.  Still, Jon convinced himself, made up excuses, to justify what he wanted to do: murder Janos Slynt.  The killing divided the Night's Watch.  Jon put the fear in those who could have given him constructive criticism.  

3.  Arya Stark murders Dareon.  Without hearing Dareon's story, without giving the boy a chance to speak for himself, Arya murders him.  Will knowing the boy's sad story change Arya's mind?  Probably not.  Arya Stark has no idea what true justice is.  She is acting on emotion, hate and silent anger.  

It is no wonder that many here are saying the Starks deserved to fall.  

Gared deserved to be heard. The Starks could have kept him in a cell instead of killing him. Jon will leave the wall as soon as the Others resurrect him to look for Arya. He might get the same justice as Gared.  

4 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Jon will leave the wall as soon as the Others resurrect him to look for Arya. He might get the same justice as Gared.  

You're becoming predictable. We already had someone else post your nut job prediction.

11 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I don't know, as a PR representative myself, I only have one client: Renly.

I mean Renly really was the best of the 5 kings we got. Though I think Dany has the potential to be a much better ruler than him................assuming she doesn't randomly go crazy like on the show.

12 minutes ago, sifth said:

Though I think Dany has the potential to be a much better ruler than him................assuming she doesn't randomly go crazy like on the show.

Yes but Daenerys is a heathen foreigner and a woman!!!

In all seriousness, it is quite hard to compare the two because Renly has nowhere near the 'screen time' Daenerys has. He was only alive for 1 1/2 books and was only king for 1/2 a book.

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

The head of Lannister PR would have more competent arguments. And wouldn't praise Daenerys and treat her as the rightful ruler 

Buuuuut... Cersei could, considering she's Rhaegar's sister and well, Myrish swamps.

Edit: by Rhaegar's sister I meant Dany, but Cersei being his sister count as well.

The Stark public relations team is again defending the killing of Janos Slynt.  Like they do every week.  It is very clear in the text how wrong the murder was.  Janos Slynt gave in.  He was willing to go on that mission.  The mission was a trick and a set up which Jon-boy expected Janos Slynt to fall into.  It was a trap to find an excuse to kill Slynt.  Then Karma went to work, punched in,  and gave Jon-boy what he deserved.  

Just now, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes said:

The Stark public relations team is again defending the killing of Janos Slynt.  Like they do every week. 

The Targaryen public relations team is again painting Janos Slynt's execution for insubordination as a murder. And ignoring the text. Like they do every week. It is very clear in the text why Jon is killing Janos. For insubordination.

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

The Targaryen public relations team is again painting Janos Slynt's execution for insubordination as a murder. And ignoring the text. Like they do every week. It is very clear in the text why Jon is killing Janos. For insubordination.

You can hardly call it insubordination when Janos Slynt agreed to go.  Jon still murdered him.  

Archived