Victims of Stark Justice: Gared, Janos, and Dareon

James West

3 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I kinda like this one so far. Lots of laughter.

I find all these threads hilarious... And soooooooooooooooooooo easy to take the piss out of, that's why I keep replying even though I know I shouldn't. The TARGAs are so committed to their Stark hate that they don't mind coming across as total lunatics with ZERO reading comprehension. But still, if no one repies, they'll be talking to themselves and won't get all the attention they're getting right now, right?

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I find all these threads hilarious... And soooooooooooooooooooo easy to take the piss out of, that's why I keep replying even though I know I shouldn't. The TARGAs are so committed to their Stark hate that they don't mind coming across as total lunatics with ZERO reading comprehension. But still, if no one repies, they'll be talking to themselves and won't get all the attention they're getting right now, right?

And they would still continue it regardless.

Just now, Corvo the Crow said:

And they would still continue it regardless.

Sure. In their own lilttle circle jerk of hate. Dunno if this lot would find that super fun, but I don't really care. The point is, by replying we're giving them exactly what they want. And I'm guilty of that, more so than most.

I think I'll make 'don't feed the reading comprehension impaired trolls' a 2023 resolution. 

10 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

How does blocking work?

Click on your username and you’ll see a scroll down menu where one of the options is ‘ignored users’. Click on it and enter the names you want to add to the list. There was a quicker and easier way, but it seems to be gone now. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Click on your username and you’ll see a scroll down menu where one of the options is ‘ignored users’. Click on it and enter the names you want to add to the list. There was a quicker and easier way, but it seems to be gone now. 

I know how to do it, I was just wondering what the specifics of the effect are. Do you just not see any posts?

Just now, Craving Peaches said:

I know how to do it, I was just wondering what the specifics of the effect are. Do you just not see any posts?

There are two ways, one you don’t see anything, not even if they quote you, the other you don’t see posts but still see if they quote you. 

12 hours ago, James West said:

1.   Ned Stark beheads a deserter from the Night's Watch who was suffering from PTSD.  The man had an important message.  Unfortunately, the Starks did not take the man seriously and promptly kills him.  How different might the story be if the man's warning was taken seriously.  Westeros would have been better prepared for what is coming.  

2.  Ned's bastard, the lord commander at the Night's Watch, Jon Snow, beheads Janos Slynt.  Janos was a rude man who was initially resistant to go on a suicide mission given to him by Lord Commander Jon Snow.  The execution was a set up.  Jon Snow orchestrated the situation knowing that Janos would most likely resist and thus give him an opportunity to kill the man who was an enemy of his father, Ned Stark.  Read the scene carefully and it is clear that Janos finally agreed to go.  Jon had made his point and already gave a demonstration of breaking the man in public.  Still, Jon convinced himself, made up excuses, to justify what he wanted to do: murder Janos Slynt.  The killing divided the Night's Watch.  Jon put the fear in those who could have given him constructive criticism.  

3.  Arya Stark murders Dareon.  Without hearing Dareon's story, without giving the boy a chance to speak for himself, Arya murders him.  Will knowing the boy's sad story change Arya's mind?  Probably not.  Arya Stark has no idea what true justice is.  She is acting on emotion, hate and silent anger.  

It is no wonder that many here are saying the Starks deserved to fall.  

I think you missed the whole - actions speak louder than words. 

1) A deserter will say anything to save his skin, as they have already broken the law. In this case, yes, that message, if believed, may have helped. but who believes a deserter.

2) Janos was given a second chance to do his duty. His own actions made the choice for Jon.

3) Again, a deserter. what could he say that would be believed, by word and action he has already proved himself a traitor and deserter. See point 1.

37 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I could understand Jon being criticised for his treatment of Gilly and her child.

But why the focus on bloody Janos Slynt, a murderer of infant children?

And a corrupt coward who openly insulted him and commited insubordination with Jon having given him a greater number of chances to obey than most reasonnable leaders, and in spite of Janos having tried to get him killed.

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

You get 3-4 boxes to tick with different things. You can still read a blocked users comment if you choose to, you see a writing "you've chosen to ignore x's content" and it gives you option whether to see or not. But honestly it would be useless on these guys getting new accounts every other day.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Alternatively you can just hover over the user's name and wait a sec for a menu to pop, then ignore from there. 

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I just don't know how you would have enough email addresses to make so many.

Mail addresses are really one of those things that make you wonder if they should be free at all, seeing the potential for abuse. 

12 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Alternatively you can just hover over the user's name and wait a sec for a menu to pop, then ignore from there. 

I knew there was a quicker way. Used to be w the report/edit options. Sadly can’t really hover on tablet so have to go the long way around… 

54 minutes ago, Jon Fossoway said:

Can we get back to finding reasons to hate the Starks please? 

All of the Starks are heading down the path of evil. Arya has already killed more than once and she will not be satisfied until she kills even more. It would not surprise me if Arya set off the Wildfire in King's Landing. Jon has betrayed the Watch and when he comes back as a Wight he will betray the whole of Westeros for Arya. Bran will become the darkest of them all. He will be the Villain that must be defeated.

Ned personally condemned and obliterated all of the members of the Houses two families, and he felt pretty good about that. 

:smug:

Drat!  Dog gone it LongRider!  Get it together!  That wasn't Ned, it was Tywin Lannister! D'ho!   Sorry.

:fencing:

Archived