The Small Stuff That Doesn’t Need a Thread #5

Fragile Bird

43 minutes ago, dog-days said:

Thought that might be the case. Can they at least promise you comfy armchairs without nicotine stains in the staff room, and space in the fridge? 

Smoking has been prohibited for years in all public buildings, so I would hope so. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Smoking has been prohibited for years in all public buildings, so I would hope so. :lol:

I must be remembering the library staff room of a university I used to work for. Everyone joked that it hadn't been redecorated since the library was built in the seventies – well, they'd joke, then they'd pause and say actually and look at the grimy brown carpet.

10 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I have the shittest office in the world, but I do have my own fridge which is the height of my ambition. It holds about 40 cans of diet coke. And has a little freezer part for ice lollies for the team when they please me. 

You're doing well for yourself to have a freezer compartment. I think only the Boss of All Bosses at my organisation has one of them. 

The mighty giveth, that BFC may distribute the bounty. This could be proof that asset redistribution – taking from the CEOs and sharing with BFC – leads to more effective management.  

3 hours ago, dog-days said:

I must be remembering the library staff room of a university I used to work for. Everyone joked that it hadn't been redecorated since the library was built in the seventies – well, they'd joke, then they'd pause and say actually and look at the grimy brown carpet.

Some of my older coworkers say they remember people smoking in the staff room a few decades ago. I cannot imagine that at all. Now we actually have a lovely decorated staff room and the whole building. And since my workplace is a secondary school (standing right next to a primary school!), there is a general prohibition of anybody smoking inside or outside on the school grounds.

OK I only just found out about this, probably because I can't drive and have never had a car, but... BMW's colour-changing car concept is pretty mind-blowing!

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/5/23540358/bmw-color-changing-car-concept-e-ink-i-vision-dee-ces

If it ever gets into the road it could be pretty distracting though (also imagine the police chases... "a blue BMW.... no a red... OK we're looking for a green BMW..."). Camouflage car...eventually it could just blend in with the surroundings (currently has distinct panels) - but that would be again dangerous when moving "I didn't see a car".

So you could finally say you never saw what hit you, literally.

Anyway.

Ty you have to be very strong now.

Just in Spain, but I can totally get onboard with this. Just they got one minor detail wrong. Golf has no place in any world, with or without water.

If you want to see an unbelievably stupid rich person’s purchase (though less stupid than a handbag smaller than a grain of salt), look up Balmain Women’s Unicorn Sneakers. Available in Men’s as well. 
Only $1,895 in Canada.

I can't decide whether this recreation of a Pompeian pizza sounds delicious or horrendous. 

I'm sure it's a question that's going to give me some disturbed nights thinking about it. Though possibly not as disturbed as they would be if I'd eaten the pizza (ingredients include: figs, dates, anchovies, cheese.)

Made a DYI fruit fly trap yesterday evening and when I checked this morning there are drowned flies in the trap.  Used a clean empty yogurt container, apple cider vinegar, a few drops of dish detergent, a bit of plastic wrap and cellophane tape.  There are still flies buzzing around the fruit on the counter, so the trap stays put for now.  Die flies die!   There are many DIY fruit fly and house fly trap videos on YT, that's what helped me.