The Bear - Season 2 - June 22

Raja

Also hyped here :D

I do seem to recall that there was another thread, but as long as the author of said thread doesn't go through the topics they created via their profile to retrieve it, I don't think we'll have much chance to revive it.

I don't think it's that big of a deal for this show however. At the moment I think it's yet to become very popular. It's a lot like Derry Girls or Ted Lasso in the sense that the first season started out as a sleeper hit. If it can maintain the quality, this absolutely deserves to blow up to become a big show. 

Not sure this show needed another season, I think the way the left the last episode meant that you could use your imagination as to what happens next and I thought that worked quite well.

Not sure I loved The Bear though, it’s good but I don’t think the hype was all that deserved.  

• 1 month later...

Seen 3 so far. Love this show so much. More happens in 25 minutes than any show on tv. Just a kinetic energy that is tough to watch at the same time as being so real.

No surprise there are still anxiety inducing episodes. Just hopefully less than season 1.

Only watched the first episode so far - I think Ritchie's speech about purpose and being dropped felt a bit *too* on the nose, I think the subtext is clear before he launches into it and it seemed a bit much to have him actually say all of it

Still on episode 4 for me - Really really enjoyed Marcus' episode in Denmark.

Will Poulter in a small role which I think he did really well too.

Just like a really sweet episode with some excellent sound

52 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

Bugger, we don’t have Hulu, and it doesn’t air on D+ till August around here. 

Well, at least they’ll let me binge it when it gets here I hope. 

są inne sposoby...

Up to ep. 7. And yeah ep. 7 was a real highlight of the season and ep. 6 was quite harrowing and triggered my own anxiety problem.

Spoiler

Richie staging was fantastic in general. I did not expect him to have that level of discipline. A well-needed course correction for the character. I had written him off as a lost cause last season.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

I'm only about 10ish minutes into episode 6, but I feel like every member of the family being a famous actor detracts from the episode a little bit.

Will post more after I finish it.

It really doesn’t for me. Not even a little. I got everything I needed in one episode because they were so fantastic.

7 hours ago, Raja said:

I'm only about 10ish minutes into episode 6, but I feel like every member of the family being a famous actor detracts from the episode a little bit.

Will post more after I finish it.

Didnt for me.