Diablo 4

Relic

49 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I have two of the same unique with one being both higher power and better roll. What's the best use of the lower power and worse rolled item? Just salvage or ...?

I salvage them, and am invariably disappointed with how bad the mats are. I’ve gotten so many Fields of Crimson [4] I swear the game knows I’m a Bleed whore or something. Try this. Try thiiiiiiissss

Totally agree on the amount of Uniques, and Sets are inevitable though I hate what they turned D3 Seasons into.

Edited by JGP

Still managed to keep my HC character alive to a grand level of 33.  Ran into Rotsplinter who was the ending of a previous lower level character and saw he was appropriately leveled for me.  Didnt even realize until after the fight was over that my flame shield escape death enchantment had fired off during the fight and I had walked past Death's shadow.   Took a few minutes and a shot of tequila to get the heart rate down.  I now run with that, the death escape potion always up, and have a scroll of escape hotkeyed to backspace for the true 'Its a Trap' moments. 

On a different note, anyone run into situations where creatures didnt spawn?  I walked around in the Accursed Wastes for 30 mins over the weekend just collecting chests/Lilith Alters/quest items with nary a spawn.  Was quite Zen for a bit.

Edited by horangi

25 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

No particular spawn issues for me so far, but I've encountered plenty of bugs.

There's a side quest chain where you eventually get to a cave instance, and you talk to a lady barbarian and she waffles on about how the clan wont just stand still, that they're going to fight... and then they don't follow you, and the quest won't complete. Talk is cheap, lady!

Yeah, I was doing the Goose quest, where I'm helping honor some dead local so that his friend will return the Goose sign.  I did the three subtasks (got a check for each), and then go back to the Goose sign...nothing.  Nothing to click on, nothing to do, nothing in town, no blue mark of where to go, I just can't complete the quest.  Tried restarting and still nothing.  Very irritating. 

Last night I did some researching on dmg types: which are additive, which are multiplicative, and yeah I was doing shit wrong gear/stat wise.

Changed some today, but particularly an Aspect, and big difference. Just did a World Boss: my biggest hit was marginally over 515k [Deathblow] and my accumulative Bleeds for 5 secs after that were over 100k a tic [boggles] Though they're aight on beefy Champions, Elites and mini Bosses, to be clear, hits and tics like that only happen on WBs where the fights are longer due to their health pools-- and that WB was down in 7ish seconds.

Not much for drops but did get some sweet looking Ashava Barding for my Spectral Charger.

---

One thing I've noticed, Treasure Goblins seem prone to give up higher ilvl items than average open world drops.

Edited by JGP

13 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I haven't seen a treasure goblin in my last 4+ hours of gameplay.

They're fuckers, man. One type, swear they're just bait. Soon as you tag them they peace out and leave you surrounded by baddies lol

Ventured into the pvp zones today, ready to teleport up someone's ass. Getting one shot by a geared out lvl 100 is not a fun mechanic. Guess I won't be farming shit that way. 

20 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Yeah, I was doing the Goose quest, where I'm helping honor some dead local so that his friend will return the Goose sign.  I did the three subtasks (got a check for each), and then go back to the Goose sign...nothing.  Nothing to click on, nothing to do, nothing in town, no blue mark of where to go, I just can't complete the quest.  Tried restarting and still nothing.  Very irritating. 

The sign is next to the quest giver npc, maybe you missed it? 

oh nice they added a timer for world bosses to helltides.com. Probably the thing I've done the least because it was so seemingly random. There's one in 25 minutes I'm setting a reminder timer. 

It's gonna be interesting on my sorcerer character though. Still in tier III but I haven't wanted to spend the gold for enchantments and upgrades. It's been rough going. 

48 minutes ago, RumHam said:

oh nice they added a timer for world bosses to helltides.com. Probably the thing I've done the least because it was so seemingly random. There's one in 25 minutes I'm setting a reminder timer. 

It's gonna be interesting on my sorcerer character though. Still in tier III but I haven't wanted to spend the gold for enchantments and upgrades. It's been rough going. 

I, uh, dropped about 3 mil this morning reconfiguring my paragon boards [shifty eyes]

Dmg barely dropped at all but I’m much tankier taking advantage of Fortify.

Edited by JGP

Don't laugh, fucker hahaha

Had to change it up, go do some testing, change it up again. Hey Blizz, how about let us refund Paragon points one board at a time? Christ that was tedious, and expensive.

---

How's everyones' progress going? My /played isn't stupid, but it's really slowed down after 80 though I might ding 84 tonight. Maybe. Kind of amazed I'm still at least a week or more away from 100

edit: by my play schedule

Edited by JGP

Yeah I noticed that too on my sorcerer about not being able to refund all. It was free for me though cause I was still low enough level or world tier, not sure which. 

I haven't played my necromancer all week, I've decided to get the sorcerer up to comprable levels (76) first. I'm currently in that Tier III slog where I can't quite do the capstone yet at level 55. 

Close though. Girls are going to bed soon, if you want I can hop on and help crush it. Not sure about group scaling in Capstones, but it can’t be that bad. Think it’s based off party lead, but I’m not a 100 on that.

Edited by JGP

5 hours ago, JGP said:

How's everyones' progress going?

Slow. Been getting about a lvl a day since hitting t4. I don't even know if i want to bother, given that season 1 will be starting in a few weeks. 

Edited by Relic

I'm 81 and a bit at the moment. Mostly grinding Nightmare dungeons to level up my glyphs to level 15 for the radius increase. They go pretty quickly, and the experience is nice enough, but a lot of running to random places as the Gods of RNG aren't keen on giving me repeat keys to the same places.

4 hours ago, JGP said:

Close though. Girls are going to bed soon, if you want I can hop on and help crush it. Not sure about group scaling in Capstones, but it can’t be that bad. Think it’s based off party lead, but I’m not a 100 on that.

Thanks I may take you up on that if the offer still stands tomorrow.