Diablo 4

Relic

6 hours ago, Relic said:

Slow. Been getting about a lvl a day since hitting t4. I don't even know if i want to bother, given that season 1 will be starting in a few weeks. 

Wtf, I didn’t know that. 

edit: I see it’s anticipated mid to late July. Still way too early. I don’t know if I’ll even max out my main by then.

Edited by JGP

The way I see it, the release and pre-season 1 is just for us to get to know the game, its systems and efficient (or enjoyable) ways of achieving things. I haven't levelled a second guy for now, but I imagine I'll be much better at it next time around.

Not sure what I'm going to play in S1 though. Might stay Barb, but I'm definitely going to play Sorc, Rogue and Druid at some point too. The only class that leaves me cold is Necro.

82 on my Barb for now, and not minding the grind while I'm being distracted by levelling up glyphs. I'm really not keen on the way gear works, with how rare upgrades are, but the paragon system is great. I upgraded my Marshall glyph to 15 the other day, and the increased radius meant I could remove 5 points from the area and use them elsewhere. That felt really good.

It's just a shame gear is boring and Blizzard is so scared of powerful builds that most uniques do nothing more than give your bank account a nice bump when you vendor them.

57 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

The way I see it, the release and pre-season 1 is just for us to get to know the game, its systems and efficient (or enjoyable) ways of achieving things.

Point there, I suppose. That's where the first round of new Uniques will be too. I've farted around with Sorc and Rogue, but Barb, that's just me man. I've always gravitated toward melee and Bleed builds in the games I've played [probably top 5 Anni Mara and IO Merc on my server in SWTOR] and this Bleed/Thorns/Deathblow build I got going on is strong. Haven't died in four/five days. Might try out a true Bleed collapse build with Fields of Crimson as opposed to my makeshift [if it drops] but who knows what the new Uniques will be like.

Edited by JGP

2 hours ago, JGP said:

Wtf, I didn’t know that. 

edit: I see it’s anticipated mid to late July. Still way too early. I don’t know if I’ll even max out my main by then.

I think once the season rolls out the only eternal realm content worth doing will be pvp. So for that we will need maxxed out toons

1 hour ago, JGP said:

Haven't died in four/five days.

I barely die at all these days, but I got completely splatted at the start of a Nightmare dungeon yesterday. Ran in, and the first guy I find is an Elite. Just, pop.

I'm invincible when I get going, but catch me cold and you can fuck me up really easily. it's a shame they haven't managed to move away from that style of gameplay.

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

I think once the season rolls out the only eternal realm content worth doing will be pvp. So for that we will need maxxed out toons

Not sure how much value PvP will ever be. i think they've said that it won't ever be balanced properly, so really it's just going to be a case of running away from HOTA Barbs and hoping for the best, until the next dominant meta, and so on.

My issue with PvP is that there's no weight to it. The few times I've been in there doing whispers and died it's like "oh no I lost some currency for cosmetics." Give me something like The Division's "dark zone" where you're more likely to get great loot, but you have to extract it before people take it from you. 

Also yeah people need to be auto-assigned a tier for it, just like in that game. But until there are meaningful stakes I just don't care. 

28 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I barely die at all these days, but I got completely splatted at the start of a Nightmare dungeon yesterday. Ran in, and the first guy I find is an Elite. Just, pop.

I'm invincible when I get going, but catch me cold and you can fuck me up really easily. it's a shame they haven't managed to move away from that style of gameplay.

Level 64 and just jumped into tier 4. I saw there was a boss spawn this morning and so I hopped over.

Not sure the last time I died but that boss squashed me in 5 seconds because I played it like normal and just went straight under their feet. I think I got hit with poison and couldn't out-heal it.

... and then the boss died in two and a half minutes. Way faster than normal. Not sure who hit it so hard but somebody was a beast.

... and now I wait 16 levels before I get to open my cache.

1 minute ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Level 64 and just jumped into tier 4. I saw there was a boss spawn this morning and so I hopped over.

Not sure the last time I died but that boss squashed me in 5 seconds because I played it like normal and just went straight under their feet. I think I got hit with poison and couldn't out-heal it.

... and then the boss died in two and a half minutes. Way faster than normal. Not sure who hit it so hard but somebody was a beast.

... and now I wait 16 levels before I get to open my cache.

Ha, yeah, I have a couple fo caches saved that required level 80. All garbage, too. From 60 onwards everything has felt very safe, but this one dungeon I just met an elite with bad affixes before my buffs were up. I really wouldn't fancy playing hardcore in this game.

And that's even before you consider the bugs and the lag and whathaveyou. The game is a complete shitshow from a technical standpoint, still. Pretty piss-poor from Blizzard that so many things still haven't been fixed. Like, the fucking quests.

6 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

And that's even before you consider the bugs and the lag and whathaveyou. The game is a complete shitshow from a technical standpoint, still. Pretty piss-poor from Blizzard that so many things still haven't been fixed. Like, the fucking quests.

Bugs are one thing and relatively normal in DIV.

. What's pleasantly surprised me is how smooth the rollout's been server wise, considering traffic. 

Edited by JGP

15 minutes ago, JGP said:

Haven't even looked into how you do the title thing, no Clan tag either. Just my toon's name.

It's kind of fun actually. you unlock words every so often if you murder a bunch of skeletons, and you can change things around.

It's worth having a quick look. You can be a tough guy with a fancy name, or you can be silly with a weirdo name (which I'd highly recommend.)

I’m switching from twisting blades to penetrating shots since the blades was seriously bothering my wrist. And despite being a programmer I don’t have any carpal tunnel history. We’ll see how this goes I likely have better items for this build anyway. Including condemnation which is my only legendary.

Pushing level 54 on my Sorc. I switched up to ice shards build and it’s super fun though the mana issue is very much an issue. That being said, it doesn’t bother me, as I can compensate with frost bolt and keep killing. I have most of the affixes I need but gear gets upgraded and it becomes expensive to keep switching up. Still fun though, will do my first nightmare dungeon today.