Diablo 4

Relic

I’m in a queue to get in currently… says 4 minutes.

So that is admittedly a detriment to anyone that wants a purely single player experience.

That won’t be a problem in a couple weeks after the newness wears off, but it will absolutely be a problem in two days when the official launch hits.

39 minutes ago, Rhom said:

So that is admittedly a detriment to anyone that wants a purely single player experience.

You can have a purely single player experience, you just can't offline anymore. I used to lead a clan and some of the old members have been on so I've done a bit with them, but I'd say 90% has been solo. Today was the first time I linked up with a few strangers in a game. I am seeing a lot more random toons though.

Anyways, game is back online.

19 minutes ago, RumHam said:

It occurs to me we all got horses as part of the fancy version and I've never used mine. am I missing out?

Apparently the mount comes significantly later in the story. :dunno: 

What about the wings and other stuff too? Haven't seen any of the swag.

On the plus side, outside of rings I have all legendary gear now, it all if excellent for my build and I'm trucking bosses dudes 15-20 levels higher than me are fighting. My pets can do around 4k now at the same time while letting me smash things with tornado. 

It's funny five of my nine legendaries have been rings, haven't gotten a single legendar armor. Just got a nice wand though. I broke most of them down into aspects that are sitting in my inventory until I get stuck on a boss or something and need a boost.

Level 40 and I only just finished act I. I might be doing it wrong! but I've cleared out most of the act I area. Just one lilith shrine to go...

Edit: I also meant to mention, it looks like legendaries are account bound? no trading?

Edited by RumHam

I gained another level just for being logged in and standing there. Went for a smoke and came back to see I was level 41. I must be getting xp from nearby players kills? 

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Anyways, game is back online.

See, this is a disappointing sentence, as my brain computes this with "MMORPG/MOW" and emphatically not with "single-player game". 

24 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

See, this is a disappointing sentence, as my brain computes this with "MMORPG/MOW" and emphatically not with "single-player game". 

Idk, I just did a run with like ten other people on some special timed event. I had seen that icon a few times before. Word to the wise, always run to it as fast as you can.

51 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Unfortunatly this may be one of those things where you need to reprogram your brain. I recall an instance a few years ago with the steam servers and for a while no one could play even their single player games. We're living in a world where some luxury cars will turn off your heated seats if your subscription runs out. 

In many cases even the hypothetical Entirely Ofline Game disk you buy requires a day one patch, or in some cases an online handshake that's invisible to the user. 

Edited by RumHam

Once you get to what I assume is the main act II town, the purveyor of curiosities seems to be a good source for legendaries, Just spent 400 of that special currency and got six. I'm now fully decked out in legendaries. Gonna go look for some events to get more of that currency...

Edited by RumHam

I’m a level 29 and just got my first 2 legendary drops in like a 5 minute span. Although one was boots and the rare pair I’m replacing had the +1 evade, so gonna miss that for the time being.

I just finished the Crossing Over quest in Act I. Having a blast and absolutely get the love for these games now.

10 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Although one was boots and the rare pair I’m replacing had the +1 evade, so gonna miss that for the time being.

I’ve got a pit of boots with those as well.  Is it possible to remove that and put it on other armor?  I thought I read something about affixes; but there’s a lot to the systems in this game that are way over my head right now.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I’ve got a pit of boots with those as well.  Is it possible to remove that and put it on other armor?  I thought I read something about affixes; but there’s a lot to the systems in this game that are way over my head right now.

You can re-roll affixes at the occultist once you hit a certain level. 

16 minutes ago, RumHam said:

You can re-roll affixes at the occultist once you hit a certain level. 

So you can't pull one off an item?

16 minutes ago, Rhom said:

So you can't pull one off an item?

You can pull off the special starred attribute from legendaries at the cost of destroying the item, then apply it to another legendary or a rare item. Also at the occultist. 

Also by clearing dungeons you unlock "aspects" which are re-usable attributes you can apply as many times as you want, provided you have the money.