Diablo 4

Relic

On 6/2/2023 at 3:51 PM, Relic said:

Probably popular enough to have its own thread. 

What's everyone playing? Tried a barb in beta and had a rough time, playing a sorc now and havent died a single time on my way to level 33. 

Bruh.

I started with a Barb, got him to about 20. Was getting rocked by bosses so also created a Sorc. Much easier experience. Got my Sorc to 30ish. But… that got kind of boring. Blizzard, Hydra, Blizzard, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning [oh shit, am I going to oom] snore.

So yesterday got back on my Barb for the challenge, tweaked my build a bit [downgrading to World Tier 1 helped] and my Barb is now 33 with every slot but one stacked with legs. Very strong. 

Capable of arming 4 leg weaps [two 2H, no less] I think Barb will be awesome at endgame.

Edited by JGP

46 minutes ago, JGP said:

Bruh.

I started with a Barb, got him to about 20. Was getting rocked by bosses so also created a Sorc. Much easier experience. Got my Sorc to 30ish. But… that got kind of boring. Blizzard, Hydra, Blizzard, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning [oh shit, am I going to oom] snore.

So yesterday got back on my Barb for the challenge, tweaked my build a bit [downgrading to World Tier 1 helped] and my Barb is now 33 with every slot but one stacked with legs. Very strong. 

Capable of arming 4 leg weaps [two 2H, no less] I think Barb will be awesome at endgame.

Im sticking with the sorc, might as well max something out first before experimenting with other classes. Im curently using this build and steamrolling everything in sight - 

https://app.mobalytics.gg/diablo-4/builds/sorcerer/ben-lee-s-lightning-speed-leveling-build

edit - actully i swapped out arc lash for spark, not a fan of lash even tho i think it crits way higher

Edited by Relic

33 minutes ago, Relic said:

Im sticking with the sorc, might as well max something out first before experimenting with other classes. Im curently using this build and steamrolling everything in sight - 

https://app.mobalytics.gg/diablo-4/builds/sorcerer/ben-lee-s-lightning-speed-leveling-build

edit - actully i swapped out arc lash for spark, not a fan of lash even tho i think it crits way higher

I use Spark on my Sorc, good dmg while waiting for mana to top up. I'm enjoying my Barb now though, so I'll stick with him as my main. Got a Rend + Deathblow build going on, and Charge helps so, so much.

Fun.

Per reports Barbs are dominating the race to 100 so apparently they do very well late in the game. Probably because they get more legendary gear slots and those make them strong. 

2 hours ago, JGP said:

Bruh.

I tried my barb again. Leveling it is easy, but verse bosses without gear sucks. I've been saving a bunch of legendary items with the druid that overlap and hopefully that will help. 

9 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Per reports Barbs are dominating the race to 100 so apparently they do very well late in the game. Probably because they get more legendary gear slots and those make them strong. 

Barbs are suppose to be the second best class in the later stages. Sadly as always Necros are ranked last. In D2 they were amazing PvP toons if you had Enigma. 

45 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

The strongest Barb build got heavily nerfed in the patch the other day, so I'm not sure where they'll be in the end game now.

Which build was that [I like to do my own theory crafting]

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I tried my barb again. Leveling it is easy, but verse bosses without gear sucks. I've been saving a bunch of legendary items with the druid that overlap and hopefully that will help. 

Barbs are suppose to be the second best class in the later stages. Sadly as always Necros are ranked last. In D2 they were amazing PvP toons if you had Enigma. 

Y'know, Barb kind of reminds me a bit of Warrior in Classic WoW. Slow[er] to level, but an utter beast once you start getting complimentary gear.

Bosses are still a little tough [I'm not using an Ultimate ability] but I've started incorporating Thorns after getting a good Aspect from a Dungeon and I'm chewing now. 

edit: I do wish we could zoom out more however

Edited by JGP

28 minutes ago, JGP said:

Y'know, Barb kind of reminds me a bit of Warrior in Classic WoW. Slow[er] to level, but an utter beast once you start getting complimentary gear.

Bosses are still a little tough [I'm not using an Ultimate ability] but I've started incorporating Thorns after getting a good Aspect from a Dungeon and I'm chewing now.

My barbie leveled easily. Frenzy and WW plus defensive skills is all you need. It just can't do anything against a boss. Switched to a rend skillset and still nothing. I know it the later stages of the game the toon will be a monster, but after about level 20 is just can't do much. My druid OTOH smokes every boss. 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My barbie leveled easily. Frenzy and WW plus defensive skills is all you need. It just can't do anything against a boss. Switched to a rend skillset and still nothing. I know it the later stages of the game the toon will be a monster, but after about level 20 is just can't do much. My druid OTOH smokes every boss. 

For dmg I got Frenzy [tried Flay, too slow] Rend, Deathblow. Charge does great dmg with one of my legs and is a good Oh Shit button, then for pure defense Iron Skin and Challenging Shout. Fair enough though Ty, not pushing.

5 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

A WW / shout build. There was a unique that gave it too much power which did need to be tuned down, but in typical heavy-handed Blizzard fashion, they've likely gone too far - basically killed the unique, and nerfed a few other aspects of the build just to be sure!

Ah. I've hated WW since D3. Not going to do it.

Heard Necro got a big nerf between Beta and launch.

Edited by JGP

5 minutes ago, JGP said:

For dmg I got Frenzy [tried Flay, too slow] Rend, Deathblow. Charge does great dmg with one of my legs and is a good Oh Shit button, then for pure defense Iron Skin and Challenging Shout. Fair enough though Ty, not pushing.

I'm going to give the toon another go once I collect better gear for it. Just at the moment it gets stuck on key missions a lot if I'm soloing.

Also, finally figured out how to make the spirit boons work. 

So I was having a tough time specializing in werewolf powers for the Druid so I switched to werebear and got pulverise.

That worked really well and I was having a grand old time stomping everything until I came to the Vhenard boss fight where I rage quit.

8 minutes ago, JGP said:

What are those lol

You pick up these things and once you have 25 of them you can unlock special powers. You need 400 to unlock everything and I had like 600 wondering wtf you do with them. I finally found the place and cracked them all open. So now I get -10% damage from elites, 30% crit damage, massive spirit regen and one of my skills causes overpower, which I still don't entirely get.

3 minutes ago, Darryk said:

So I was having a tough time specializing in werewolf powers for the Druid so I switched to werebear and got pulverise.

That worked really well and I was having a grand old time stomping everything until I came to the Vhenard boss fight where I rage quit.

That's where I quit my barb. Use the guide I linked. The build murders everything even without decent gear.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

You pick up these things and once you have 25 of them you can unlock special powers. You need 400 to unlock everything and I had like 600 wondering wtf you do with them. I finally found the place and cracked them all open. So now I get -10% damage from elites, 30% crit damage, massive spirit regen and one of my skills causes overpower, which I still don't entirely get.

Huh, I still have no idea what you're talking about? They're drops? Could it be a class specific thing?

21 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So how do gems upgrade in this game past certain points? And where is my fucking pony?!?!?

I think the gem upgrades are locked by level, no? As for the horse once you complete the quest "A Masters Touch" you'll unlock a quest to get a mount. 

Edit: To answer my own question, yes Spirit Boons the Druid's level 15 special unlock thingy. The Necro gets the "book of the dead" to summon things and Druid gets that. Not sure about the others.

I am gonna start a Sorcerrer in 2.5 hours when the game comes out for real. Should be nice to start with the five skill points I've unlocked from the map/region rewards and all the bonuses from the lilith shrines. 

Edited by RumHam

14 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Huh, I still have no idea what you're talking about? They're drops? Could it be a class specific thing?

Must be. When you get enough of them you can unlock 16 skills and use 1 of each from a different creature type. There's a deer, eagle, wolf and snake. You have to fully clear out the druid camp than do some other BS to make it work.

I think the gem upgrades are locked by level, no? As for the horse once you complete the quest "A Masters Touch" you'll unlock a quest to get a mount. 

I think, but still, I want my pony. 

Also, I can never tell exactly when I'm fortified. Kind of a pain in the ass because druid's have a lot of shit that plays into that. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, I can never tell exactly when I'm fortified. Kind of a pain in the ass because druid's have a lot of shit that plays into that. 

There's an outer bar around your health bar, when it's higher than your health you are fortified. 

https://nerdlodge.com/how-does-fortify-work-in-diablo-4/

26 minutes ago, RumHam said:

There's an outer bar around your health bar, when it's higher than your health you are fortified. 

https://nerdlodge.com/how-does-fortify-work-in-diablo-4/

I kind of got that, but I'm not really sure how trigger stuff with it and with a druid I have a shield I'm constantly using and several items that provide other shields or just a bubble where I can't be damaged. That's the really nice part about this toon, I tank like crazy, let my pets do the work with various skills and then shoot tornados at things (and now that I have a certain item, they're finally guided). It's a slow moving around, but next to nothing hurts me unless I'm an idiot. 

I think the game could have used a better tutorial for sure.

I got a message that I couldnt' carry any more Mummering Obols or whatever they are called the other day and I still have no idea what they are or how to use them.

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I think the game could have used a better tutorial for sure.

I got a message that I couldnt' carry any more Mummering Obols or whatever they are called the other day and I still have no idea what they are or how to use them.

It's a special currency, spent at the "purveyor of curiosities" a ghostly looking vendor in the larger towns. Look for those vendor icons on the map. You pick a class of equipment and roll the dice to see what you'll get. It's a good way to get legendaries.