Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

So I just found out that you can rotate paragon boards. Damn, I wish I knew that earlier.

Blew my mind after I unlocked my second one. 

23 hours ago, Mexal said:

Managed to get a sacred Raiment of the Infinite to drop last night at level 60 and now feeling pretty decent about my gear for my level. My build is super solid and now just need to push the paragon board for that incremental dps/survivability and incrementally add more mana reduction (this will come in Torment when I can get resource reduction stats). When I teleport into a mob, drop a frost nova and light into them with ice shards, everything dies in a second. It’s fun.

I'm on my second one, high rolled better stats. Did you swap out Inferno for meteor after you got it?

I was dying over and over again to Brol and I kept switching between werebear and storm druid build but neither was working. So I just said "screw it" and combined both (storm strike, pulverise, hurricane, blood howl, wolf companion) and it worked! Amazing what a few tweaks to your build can do.

2 hours ago, Relic said:

I'm on my second one, high rolled better stats. Did you swap out Inferno for meteor after you got it?

At moment, I’m not using either. I have Deep Freeze for when I have cooldown issues (or mana), Frostblitz aspect for extra frost nova and I just use my ice shards to melt. So I teleport in, pull, drop a frost nova and melt. Do it again and maybe drop a deep freeze to give me a few seconds and repeat. 

I really don’t have much issues right now so kinda sticking with this. I see the value of Meteor but I don’t really need to add it to the rotation so haven’t played around with it yet. Maybe at higher levels I will need the dps, not sure yet.

Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, Mexal said:

At moment, I’m not using either. I have Deep Freeze for when I have cooldown issues (or mana), Frostblitz aspect for extra frost nova and I just use my ice shards to melt. So I teleport in, pull, drop a frost nova and melt. Do it again and maybe drop a deep freeze to give me a few seconds and repeat. 

I really don’t have much issues right now so kinda sticking with this. I see the value of Meteor but I don’t really need to add it to the rotation so haven’t played around with it yet. Maybe at higher levels I will need the dps, not sure yet.

Thoughts?

Ah, interesting. I play the more mobile Ice Shards version that doesn't use deep freeze. Probably wont carry me in higher level nightmares, however. Will need way more survivability, especially with these aging reflexes. 

1 minute ago, Relic said:

Ah, interesting. I play the more mobile Ice Shards version that doesn't use deep freeze. Probably wont carry me in higher level nightmares, however. Will need way more survivability, especially with these aging reflexes. 

Makes sense. I haven’t tried it, might need to just for fun. I tried Inferno but didn’t love it so went back to Deep Freeze. Given I haven’t entirely sorted out my mana issues, the 4s invulnerability helps with mana regen and cooldown. Think if I had more mana reduction and/or cooldown reduction, that’ll help. Think I’m only at 16% for mana and 20% for cdr.

3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Makes sense. I haven’t tried it, might need to just for fun. I tried Inferno but didn’t love it so went back to Deep Freeze. Given I haven’t entirely sorted out my mana issues, the 4s invulnerability helps with mana regen and cooldown. Think if I had more mana reduction and/or cooldown reduction, that’ll help. Think I’m only at 16% for mana and 20% for cdr.

Avalanche helps with mana issues, for sure. Still running that as my gear doesnt give me as much cost reduction and resource generation as i need otherwise. Are you using Frigid Breeze?

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

Avalanche helps with mana issues, for sure. Still running that as my gear doesnt give me as much cost reduction and resource generation as i need otherwise. Are you using Frigid Breeze?

Yea, I use Frigid Breeze (3/3), Avalanche and the aspect that goes with it plus the lucky hit aspect when barrier up. My mana is fine at 61 but it’s not unlimited yet hence the extra protection. Love the character though.

I keep the best versions of the item, but got a doc going for tracking so going to gripe hereunder.

Uniques to Date

3 - Ramaladni's Magnum Opus [apparently this is super wicked for dual wield WW if you max Fury, get resource costs down and generation up]

2 - Ancient's Oath

5 - Fields of Crimson

4 - Overkills

2 - Hellhammers

4 - Rage of Harrogaths

3 - 100,000 Steps [lol, like no Barb I'm aware of uses the passive this tweaks off]

2 - Gohr's Devastating Grips

4 - Frostburns

3 - Fists of Fate

7 - [SEVEN] Penitent Greaves

2- Battle Trances

0 - zero, the big old goose egg, nilch, absolutely fucking ZERO Razorplates

[grumblegrowl]

Edited by JGP

While my build is strong, it's not fast. 75 to 90 felt like 1 to 75.

Final upgrade on my health pot is nice, though disappointed the last jewels weren't awarded at 90 too. 

Edited by JGP

Just dinged 95, so not too long now. Should be done before next weekend.

Most of my items are about where they need to be and I have my remaining paragon points planned and ready to deploy, so it's just a matter of time.

I'll probably have a look at some higher Nightmare Dungeons and get murdered by Uber Lilith a bit, and then take a break from the game until Season 1 starts.

I'm close to 93 but struggling with Nightmare dungeons over 45. From what I've read it's not very rewarding pushing high Nightmares anyway [ROI] so I don't know. Fucking stupid only certain builds can do it but I'm not where I want to be gear wise either so spose we'll see,

Tried Uber Lilith at 91 and got 1 shot a few times, figured I'd put that off for a while yet lol

Edited by JGP