Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

1 minute ago, Arakasi said:

I’ve never got one but I wonder who can use it? I assume druids and barbs but can rogues? 

It’s a universal Unique. So provided Rogue’s can wield an axe, yuppers.

26 minutes ago, JGP said:

It’s a universal Unique. So provided Rogue’s can wield an axe, yuppers.

Universal in the sense that only druids n barbs can use it

Edited by Relic

16 minutes ago, Relic said:

Universal in the sense that only druids n barbs can use it

That blows [though I meant it wasn't Class restricted] but hey, dot Rogues are fucking fine already-- they don't need such legendary weapon.

Just wish it would do the Butcher's grunts and occasional howls like his cleaver did in DIII.

Edited by JGP

1 hour ago, JGP said:

So with the dot dmg Heart I'd been saving for a nice Ancestral ring [also acquired] that's an extra 90% [x] dot dmg right there. Add a Knockdown for another 45% [x] and if the stars align a Stun for another + big Skullbreaker proc and/or Rupture... and that's a rip.

Did some testing. I can Fear and Slow a Knocked down target, or a Stunned target [in whatever sequence] but haven't seen an instance where I can Stun a Knockedown target or vis-a-vis. 

And that's fine. Still very good. 

So even though i got the torment unlock at 60 I need to go back to nightmare because content at 75 is really slow. Taking an hour to do a dungeon doesn’t work. So really my only way to do things was run around and do whispers. So I think I’ll stay mostly in nightmare til close to 65. Yeah I want ancestral gear but I also want to level four times as fast.

He’s just always had an appearance in the games since d1. Well I guess he wasn’t in 2. Anyway I like the addition and wish they’d use it more. Give a chance for Andariel or Duriel to be the final boss of a dungeon would be sweet.

Got up to 66 now and feeling less weak. I forgot the penalty you get for minus 10-15 levels but it felt pretty severe. Then again sorcs aren’t the strongest and my paragon board isn’t developed. I’ve noticed they waste a lot more nodes than others on resists too.

Part of the issue with the power is that I am reluctant to put my perfect elementalist and edgemaster aspect on anything that’s not close to perfect and I’ve not found a great amulet yet. Edgemasters I know from experience drop like candy and have a narrow range so I should slap that on my weapon. I just got an 804 and a 789 and both have pretty good affixes so I should imprint on one. I think it’s Int/crit dmg/core/cc dmg for the 804 and int/vuln/crit dmg/dmg to stunned for the 789. 789 is likely better but the damage difference does matter.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:45 PM, Slurktan said:

So what's the deal with the Butcher?  He occasionally shows up in dungeons (and cellars).  Is there a plot reason for these shenanigans?

In Diablo 1, the second floor of the game features a closed off room with a lot of visible torture gore inside. Your first time through the game, you're clicking on slow skeletons with your weak fireball, then you open this room confidently. Out came a huge red demon who shouts "AHHH FRESH MEAT", whose movement speed is equal to yours, and who generally caused everyone's first death in the game. Having him drop in randomly somewhat recreates that feeling along with a nice chance at an item some builds use.

Another question as I didn't start with the druid on tier 3 stuff prior to the season but how do I make the nightmare sigils?  I see there is a tab on the one merchant for it but I can't open that.  I've beat a few at 55, am I supposed to be a higher level or something?

5 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Another question as I didn't start with the druid on tier 3 stuff prior to the season but how do I make the nightmare sigils?  I see there is a tab on the one merchant for it but I can't open that.  I've beat a few at 55, am I supposed to be a higher level or something?

Once you've completed a level 3 sigil, you'll get a quest to say hey to the occultist. If you don't have any level 3 sigils, do Tree of Whisper stuff until you get something, then run the dungeons for the chance they'll drop something a level higher, and so on.