Why Would Dothraki Follow Dany in the First Place?

Corvo the Crow

The OP is a bunch of nonsense but I'll bite. First of all, Dany's return to Westeros will be not only just but necessary if the Wall malfunctions and the Others and their undead thralls begin flooding the Seven Kingdoms.

Second of all, Dothraki will follow Daenerys because she will -- in one way or another -- become a full-fledged member of the dosh khaleen. The most mightiest and fiercest khals are still obligated to obey and honor the decisions of the dosh khaleen. Hence the reason why Khal Drogo (the most powerful khal of his day) felt the need to drag his khalasar all the way back to Vaes Dothrak after having just brought them to Pentos for the wedding simply to ask the dosh khaleen for the approval of his wife. The dosh khaleen work as judges, seers and rulers. The Dothraki do not do anything (much less go to war with foreign powers) without the leave of the dosh khaleen.

If (or rather, when) Daenerys is able to gain control of the dosh khaleen, she will have effectively have control over the Dothraki. The khaleen (i.e. widowed khaleesis) are likely to be in awe of her...she is arguably more experienced and worldly than all of them combined. Especially the younger ones. And if the structure of the dosh khaleen is remotely democratic, then Dany's path to power is clear.

And yes, for all her mistakes, Dany is the quintessential khaleen. Like the dosh khaleen, Dany is served and protected by a massive army of eunuchs and "slaves." Said eunuchs have a history of being able to overpower and defeat the Dothraki, despite their lack of strength and numbers...something that all of the Dothraki respect and remember. She also has presided over matters of economics and warfare, and has her own city that she rules over. Plus, Daenerys is an experienced general who also can command dragons and fly.

Do you all remember how Khal Jhaqo and his riders found Daenerys?

She was eating a dragonfire-roasted stallion with her bare hands right beside a dragon...and then proceeded to glibly wipe her hands clean on her clothes and stare them down. Doubtless she looked filthy but she most assuredly looked strong and wild and gnarly. And that's what the Dothraki respect.

Edited by BlackLightning

14 hours ago, Alester Florent said:

I think she'll take whatever troops she can get. And after all, it was the plan for Khal Drogo to invade Westeros before he died.

I'm sure she's well aware what tens of thousands of dothraki will do once in westeros right ? 

13 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

I dont thibk they will

I think shel learn dragon bonding from them either a scrollhorn in vaes dothrak or jaut from how they bond to their horses

Her bond with drogon is growing 

39 minutes ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

The unsullied will attack or defend only when ordered to. Can't say the same for the dothraki 

Which won't help her popularity in Westeros, amongst many things. Even the Unsullied won't help with it because of them being eunuch slave soldiers, and of their almost- robotic behavior. 

Edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight9

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

Dothraki are knights without the coat of arms, armor, and veneer of civilization.

How they behave will depend upon the level of discipline.

Exactly. It depends on their commander. The screamers in Drogo's horde did not like his decree that the female slaves that belonged to his wife could not be raped

Honestly, I feel like the Dothraki have more in common with certain Westerosi groups than people realize.

Given time, the Dothraki would basically get along very well with the ironmen, the northmen and the wildlings. Perhaps even the knights of the Vale...

The Dothraki follow the strong.  Daenerys is the "stallion who will mount the world" according to their prophecy.  It was to be Khal-Prince Rhaego but that role fell to Daenerys when the infant died.  Daenerys rides the strongest mount one could possibly have, the great Drogon.  The Dothraki have all the reason in the world to follow their Khaleesi to Westeros, to save the world from the unholy alliance of the Others and the Starks.  The dream when Daenerys and Drogon burn the "armies of ice" in the Riverlands will be fulfilled.  A wighted Jon Snow will be the one to lead that army of ice.  

7 minutes ago, James West said:

The Dothraki have all the reason in the world to follow their Khaleesi to Westeros, to save the world from the unholy alliance of the Others and the Starks.  The dream when Daenerys and Drogon burn the "armies of ice" in the Riverlands will be fulfilled.  A wighted Jon Snow will be the one to lead that army of ice.  

Unoriginal take. 2/10.

23 minutes ago, James West said:

The Dothraki follow the strong.  Daenerys is the "stallion who will mount the world" according to their prophecy.  It was to be Khal-Prince Rhaego but that role fell to Daenerys when the infant died.  Daenerys rides the strongest mount one could possibly have, the great Drogon.  The Dothraki have all the reason in the world to follow their Khaleesi to Westeros, to save the world from the unholy alliance of the Others and the Starks.  The dream when Daenerys and Drogon burn the "armies of ice" in the Riverlands will be fulfilled.  A wighted Jon Snow will be the one to lead that army of ice.  

I'd like to learn the opinion of your friends as well... or have you reached a consensus and it was you who was choen to declare that opinion?