Dumb Ads That Make You Laugh

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Lol, just saw one for a wallet. The idiot actors kept pulling out broken cards and wrecked money from their pockets. 

But there's a limited supply that's going to run out soon so get your three wallets that can survive being run over by a car, because that happens...

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol, just saw one for a wallet. The idiot actors kept pulling out broken cards and wrecked money from their pockets. 

But there's a limited supply that's going to run out soon so get your three wallets that can survive being run over by a car, because that happens...

Do you know how difficult it is to find a durable wallet?

I bought a goat skin, made-in-Canada, Tilley wallet from a kiosk in a mall when I was 15. The thing lasted decades. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought a case of them. Not just because it was possibly the best made thing I've ever owned, but there's a market for vintage leather. 

It took a bit of searching but I did find a replacement that'll probably outlast me. 

27 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'll admit to purchasing several of these for christmas presents one year.

I remember the first time I saw one of these at my brother's place. He swore by it. 

17 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I think I've had two in the last 15 years. I miss my old one. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 1:39 PM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I bought a goat skin, made-in-Canada, Tilley wallet from a kiosk in a mall when I was 15. The thing lasted decades. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought a case of them. Not just because it was possibly the best made thing I've ever owned, but there's a market for vintage leather. 

It took a bit of searching but I did find a replacement that'll probably outlast me. 

Kathmandu, at least in Australia, sell a remarkably comfortable RFID wallet that's tiny, made of a very pleasant fabric, and isn't very large. (Have tried to find a photo online for you with no success.)

Highly recommended. Have had it now for about 5 years and it's still going strong.