NBA the slenderman cometh.

BigFatCoward

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

He needs to call Giannis's trainer. He'll never be huge, but adding 5-10lb a year for the next 4 or 5 years should be achievable. 

Isn't that standard for most rookies, especially the one and dones though? Ausar Thompson, the outstanding defensive rookie shared above needs to as well. Think its just a time/age thing. 

Unless there is something special about Giannis's trainer? 

He needs to call Giannis's trainer. He'll never be huge, but adding 5-10lb a year for the next 4 or 5 years should be achievable.

You need to remember saying this in a couple of years, when he's doubled what you expected him to achieve. Man, he's yet to grow, and if that doesn't happen, they'll make up for it by juicing him up to his eyeballs.

I just saw the score between Atlanta and Indiana. How on Earth can you call yourself a professional player and allow 150+ points in a game without overtime? I mean, if someone picked us from this board and made a team that would play against an NBA team, I doubt they would be able to score much more than that. Just to point out, I'm not saying we'd win. We'd probably score single digits, if any. And I'm not saying that we'd concede fewer than 157 points but I doubt they'd reach 200 against us.

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

The leap Giannis made isn't normal. He was a homeless kid that was malnourished and even after scouts and local teams discovered him he was still not eating that much because he shared all the food meant for him with his family. He bulked up after he got to the Bucks as they shoveled food down his mouth.

I said a little over a year ago what worried me about Chet is that he was eating a ton and on weight training regiment and couldn't add much mass. Doesn't help that his father who also played college ball is still a stick. Wemby has been on a similar program for several years isn't packing on much. I think he has a better chance than Chet to add some bulk, but they might both end up being skinny guys their whole careers. 

4 hours ago, baxus said:

I mean, if someone picked us from this board and made a team that would play against an NBA team, I doubt they would be able to score much more than that. Just to point out, I'm not saying we'd win. We'd probably score single digits, if any. And I'm not saying that we'd concede fewer than 157 points but I doubt they'd reach 200 against us.

Dude, it would be 200-0 at halftime if the five best basketball players on this forum played any NBA team's back ups. It would be a victory just to get the ball past halfcourt. 

52 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dude, it would be 200-0 at halftime if the five best basketball players on this forum played any NBA team's back ups. It would be a victory just to get the ball past halfcourt. 

Yeah, the moment any one of us as much as touched an NBA player going full speed we'd be on the floor. Ive played basketball my entire life and i have zero illusions what would happen if i tried to contest a NBA dunk.  

Yeah, I imagine that the NBA team would score on 98% of their possessions and the Westeros team breakdown would be something like:

70% - Turnover in backcourt/10 second violation

25% - Turnover/blocked shot in front court

3% - Airball

2% Hit rim/miracle basket

If the NBA team were actually trying throughout, they'd do a full court press.  Their possessions would rarely last more than 8 seconds, and most of the Westeros possessions have a turnover in less 10 seconds.  The clock keeps running in NBA games after a made basket, so that would help kill the clock, but it's still probably 15 seconds between made baskets on average.  That would be 8 points a minute, or 384 points per game. 

Edited by Maithanet

8 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

384 points per game. 

lol, sick. they woud also shoot something like 96%, and we'd just get dunked on over and over. 

it's 8 second for the backcourt turnover, btw

Edited by Relic

18 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Yeah, I imagine that the NBA team would score on 98% of their possessions and the Westeros team breakdown would be something like:

70% - Turnover in backcourt/10 second violation

25% - Turnover/blocked shot in front court

3% - Airball

2% Hit rim/miracle basket

If the NBA team were actually trying throughout, they'd do a full court press.  Their possessions would rarely last more than 8 seconds, and most of the Westeros possessions have a turnover in less 10 seconds.  The clock keeps running in NBA games after a made basket, so that would help kill the clock, but it's still probably 15 seconds between made baskets on average.  That would be 8 points a minute, or 384 points per game. 

This actually seems generous. I think almost every possession for team Westeros would end in a turnover on the inbound and a quick dunk. Idk if we'd get five chances at actually getting the ball in play and having someone with enough space to heave up a 50-70 foot shot. 

Part of me would perversely like to experience what it's like being stood in front of a marauding lebron charging at you. I've dealt with some scary shit in my life, but nothing like that. 

Did you see Deandre Jordan dunk on Brandon Knight? it would be like that, but:

30 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Timnerwolves and Thunder aren't meant to be this good. 

If thunder are even half succesful with their draft capital they could be in for a great ride. I hope they don't spunk it on a mid level star to try and win now.

The Wolves are. Last year was a bad measuring stick because of the insane amount of injuries and their best player is still incredibly young. Team USA failed badly this summer, but Ant grew up and it's showing. He could be a legit top 5 player soon if he stays healthy. And overall the team is really well constructed. They overpaid for Gobert, but it's working right now. The only thing they really need is another scoring guard/wing that can come off the bench and get them some buckets when Ant and KAT are on the bench.

However, like I said before, everyone needs to be concerned with what's happening in OKC. They have an incredible core with so much space to trade for another star or just load up through the draft year after year. Everything revolves around Chet's health, but if he becomes what some thought he could be good god with SGA, Giddy, one more star player and all the things they could put around them. 

Kind of amazing how fast the Grizzlies faded from this picture. I thought they were going to be the next team to run the West alongside Denver for the next few years. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Of course I was exaggerating when I said we wouldn't concede many more than 157 points, the point was that it's a disgrace that a team in which everyone is paid millions of dollars per year are not giving a shit when it comes to defending. A bloody disgraceful effort from both teams.

P.S. I just checked, and the most points USA teams scored in the Olympics was 156, in 2012 against Nigeria. Of course, games in the Olympics are 8 minutes shorter, but I'd say that it evens out with the fact that USA team (Kobe, LeBron, Anthony, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Paul etc.) was much better than Indiana Pacers of today, and that Nigeria team was much weaker than Atlanta Hawks of today.

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

And just on the heels of praising OKC's core Giddey might be in some trouble:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38970875/nba-looking-alleged-relationship-giddey-minor

My son just told me about that a couple days ago.  Definitely not a good move for him.

25 minutes ago, Rhom said:

My son just told me about that a couple days ago.  Definitely not a good move for him.

I don't trust internet rumors about this kind of thing, but if she was really 15 when they first hooked up he's probably fucked. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I don't trust internet rumors about this kind of thing, but if she was really 15 when they first hooked up he's probably fucked. 

I had heard 16 which was the age of consent.  (Still a bit on the ick side obviously...)  And I guess it all came out because she sent her friend a pick of him shirtless in the bed that said "I just fucked Josh Giddey."  :dunce:

7 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I had heard 16 which was the age of consent.  (Still a bit on the ick side obviously...)  And I guess it all came out because she sent her friend a pick of him shirtless in the bed that said "I just fucked Josh Giddey."  :dunce:

16 is in Oklahoma, but the suggestion is this didn't start recently and may have taken place elsewhere. Who knows. This is why teams try to hammer it into their young players heads to be careful. 

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

How old is he, 21? 16 is a bit off, but I'd say short of ick.