Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea

He wouldn't have been a starter this season had Timber not gotten injured.

Eta. I am surprised that Tomiyasu hasn't been starting more in that position. Has he dropped off or what? 

Edited by Consigliere

7 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

He wouldn't have been a starter this season had Timber not gotten injured.

Eta. I am surprised that Tomiyasu hasn't been starting more in that position. Has he dropped off or what? 

Been injured, I think. But my, what a difference Timber could have been this season.

Pickford’s not having the best of nights. There’s maybe not much he could do about the first one but I’m not sure he’ll like conceding from that range. The second and third goals are clearly his fault.

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at Madueke
10 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Chelsea winning 6-0 and still managing to walk away with negative headlines because of fighting over a penalty is very funny. 

if one of my players tried that shit they would never play for me again.  

On 4/14/2024 at 7:26 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Anyway talking about Bremen. Keita's not worked out for Bremen at all. First his injuries continued, which prevented him from picking up a playing rhythm and his performance were then not great (just like his Liverpool days, the cynics might say). What's new was this. He was supposed to be in the matchday squad today, as Bremen are suffering from an injury crisis. Yesterday he learnt, that he was not gonna be in the starting XI, despite all of the injuries. That caused him not to go on the team bus, but rather be in a car on his way home (as Bremen's DOF Fritz put it). Consequences for Keita to be discussed on Monday.

Bremen have announced that Keita will be suspended until the end of the season. Also seen some reports saying that the club will be looking into terminating his contract.

Edited by Consigliere

Witz, yes. But 1-2 other players (*cough* Grimaldo *cough*) might very well be sold off, for big bucks to bring in new faces.

I mentioned a few times, that there are a few real gems. Grimaldo is arguably the player of the year in Germany. Boniface has looked extremely impressive, if you are in the market for a very complete forward. Tapsoba and Koussounou are young quality CBs.

As for other key pillars, Tah has finally managed to take that one step into elite status and he has been the commanding figure in their defense.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

23 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Witz, yes. But 1-2 other players (*cough* Grimaldo *cough*) might very well be sold off, for big bucks to bring in new faces.

I mentioned a few times, that there are a few real gems. Grimaldo is arguably the player of the year in Germany. Boniface has looked extremely impressive, if you are in the market for a very complete forward. Tapsoba and Koussounou are young quality CBs.

As for other key pillars, Tah has finally managed to take that one step into elite status and he has been the commanding figure in their defense.

Think Frimpong will definitely be sold. IIRC, he has a low(ish) release clause too (around €40m).

I have Grimaldo as definite sale in my mental notes.

He has quite openly flirted with the idea of going to Real or even rejoining Barca a couple of months ago. If Bayern can't extend with Davies (and thus he gets sold off in the summer, which looks like the more likely outcome atm), then Grimaldo is rumoredly their top target to replace him.

Grimaldo is now 28 iirc, so in his best footballing age, and this is arguably his best chance to get a big payday somewhere. So if the Spanish heavyweights, Bayern or a good EPL club comes around with their chequebook, he will be off.

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea