He belongs to the old gods, this one.

I'd love it if Ghost's first action is to bomb up north and rescue Bran and Meera, bringing them back to Castle Black, after which Jon's "soul" re-enters his body, preserved in the ice cell. Ideally, if unlikely, I'd love it if Jon were to remain in Ghost permanently!

I don't think Mel extracting Jon's soul/spirit/essence from Ghost will kill Ghost though; he'll have a good run until well into ADoS and may even make it to the end.

8 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

I don't think Mel extracting Jon's soul/spirit/essence from Ghost will kill Ghost though; he'll have a good run until well into ADoS and may even make it to the end.

Think so too. If that was to happen, they´d likely co-exist as two souls in one body. And if Jon was extracted again Ghost wouldn´t be harmed, although their souls might get mixed up a little bit, meaning Jon becoming more wolfish and Ghost more human. It is mentioned in the books that when a human overdoes warging/skinchanging he becomes more like the animal over time.

18 hours ago, KingoftheRiversandtheHills said:

What do you think Ghost's role will be in the last two books? 

Ghost is the future body of Jon Snow. The king of wolves. The alpha of the pack of wolves. His human form dies from the dagger wounds.

And Mel is gonna do all of this because... reasons? Because that's what happened in the abomination? Seriously, it's much more likely that whatever happens will happen b/c of Val & the witch warrior Morna who was just about to arrive at CB when the assassinarion attempt ocurred.

I think Caraxes is a ghost parallel.

Very confident he will fight Viserion (but not alone, during a proper battle) and very likely at HH/God's Eye. Probably he helps kill or severely injure Viserion, in the act he is possibly also killed or severely injured by Viserion.

Possibly he lives so that there can be an ambiguous ending for Jon, as in did Jon really die or did he second life into Ghost?