Boskone Con Reports: Primordial Urges Abound

Oh yes, and for those who didn't know, Bunny Man was on registration Sunday, and I was able to ascertain that yes, he does actually coordinate his loofah tails to his ears. (He was black/black Sunday, as opposed to the teal/green&white at the party).

Nothing wrong with a little effort going into appearances, I suppose, even though it's not the method I would have chosen.... :P

Oh yes, and for those who didn't know, Bunny Man was on registration Sunday, and I was able to ascertain that yes, he does actually coordinate his loofah tails to his ears. (He was black/black Sunday, as opposed to the teal/green&white at the party).

I had forgotten about Loofah-Tail!!! Glad to hear he's stylin'. Props, yo.

Onto Saturday Night!

The crowd, such as it was, was a collection of Hurtin' Units. Alchemist we found in the lobby looking green and trying to finish some dinner. Yags and Aoife explained about their miserable mornings (but damn did Aoife look hot). Ser Mel T was bubbly as usual (also looking extremely fetching) and apologizing that she must have pushed her hangover off on us. The room still smelled terrible, but on top of the distillery smell was the scent of $26 gift shop candle (thanks, SMT) lit to hide the stench of debauchery.

My recollections of the early part of the party are very hazy -- I was onto my second Hair of the Dog, and trying to not collapse in a heap on the floor -- but I remember Parris showing up, looking fabulous. George wandered in for a bit, too. Nick Mamatas was holed up in the corner with Stego. And the BwB n00bs dropped by: McCloskey (hail!), Ser Longrod (yo!) and Bpassey (who may or may not be a n00b -- whichever, he was supernice).

The woman with the plush frog companion even showed up and, after a first fleeing, came back and stuck around the party until almost quittin' time. (props to her and Frog!)

And then....PRIMORDIAL MAN was back. In full effect, too. See, he sings. Loves Elvis Costello, apparently. He also has exactly ZERO sense about alcohol, because he tried to mix my 12-year single malt with goddamned cranberry juice, until Mr. X got bitchy and yanked the bottle out of his hand. He also opened and half-drained the bottle of Old Krupnik that I had brought for Yags until we noticed and hid it, along with the Potcheen and the Mead, under the table. :mad:

We kept the party as low-key as possible. Pod was in Fine Form (and he even avoided getting licked this time around). Yags was hilarious. Dong of Ice and Fire. :lol: And most of us wandered into the other party rooms and tried to be sociable. And people were generally quite friendly, except for those who weren't (I have no idea who they were, but I did get sneered at a couple of times in the hallway for apparently no other reason than being BwB, because I certainly wasn't drunk or being obnoxious.)

Upon the striking of the Witching Hour, Ser Mel T dosed out the Potcheen. And what a fine moonshine it was. :love: That, a bit of Dalmore and my two beers was all I drank on Saturday, except for a shit-ton of water. I just couldn't face the booze.

Primordial Man tried to pick me up (reported earlier in this thread) right in front of Mr. X and Young Bull. I was literally too stunned to say anything witty, I just ran the hell away. The aforementioned McCloskey pwning happened. We kicked Primordial out, but only after he harassed McCloskey, picked his nose and ate it(!), screamed Alison at Balefont, and flashed us his impressive chest.

Frisco was a trooper and organized the room like a 5-star General (major props to him). Fenryng can haul ice like nobodies business. And our Beyonce-shrieking mascot was hung from the fire alarm in true gallows style. Balefont and her posse showed up and Bale completely ruled the bar. I nominate her for next Con, so's Mr. X can catch a break. :P KC and Australia came through with extra food when their parties shut down (thanks!), whch was awesome.

Broke up the party at 4 or so, wandered back to the room.

MRS. X, I'M SORRY ABOUT TRYING TO MIX THE IRISH STUFF WITH THE JUICE. I WAS JUST TOO DISTRACTED THINKING ABOUT HOW I WAS GOING TO RUN MY TONGUE OVER AND THROUGH ALL OF YOUR CREVICES TO NOTICE WHICH BOTTLE I WAS GRABBING. I'M SO USED TO GRABBING THE LUMBER THAT I KEEP IN MY PANTS, ANYTHING SMALLER JUST ALL LOOKS THE SAME TO ME.

MRS. X, I'M SORRY ABOUT TRYING TO MIX THE IRISH STUFF WITH THE JUICE. I WAS JUST TOO DISTRACTED THINKING ABOUT HOW I WAS GOING TO RUN MY TONGUE OVER AND THROUGH ALL OF YOUR CREVICES TO NOTICE WHICH BOTTLE I WAS GRABBING.

Well, you'd better work on your game then. "Would you ever kiss a total stranger?" just isn't cutting it.

Pod was in Fine Form (and he even avoided getting licked this time around).
I thought I had drunk all memories of the lickage incident to death. Failed. :blush: Trust Yags to bring friends up to Boston and used them to harrase me, just to be different from the usual direct approach. :P

:lol: Great report otherwise Xray

I heard you are picking up a *game*, that made me even more proud of you!!! You should see me in there. 'Go EAST!!' all in my head, I run west and I think of you.

:lol: Yes, well Ireland is in the east, so I can see why things get sooo confusing.

You guys should know that you are making Grogmosh cry with all this love for the new n00b.

Where is your loyalty, people?

Where it always has been with the latest in-joke - gone as soon as a new con comes along. It's a rare in joke that actually lasts longer than...well, about 6 months, I suppose.

Plus, Prod's a little bitch.

You guys should know that you are making Grogmosh cry with all this love for the new n00b.

Where is your loyalty, people?

I think it's like the Eurocommie vs. Merkin normal boarder divide. Commies got Grogmosh, who is an amazing n00b in his own right. And Merkins have McCloskey, who completely manned up through his ordeal and the aftermath. Besides, I was worried there for a bit -- I thought we had lost McCloskey forever on the roof. I say we call 'em Left N00b and Right N00b.

Archived