Boskone Con Reports: Primordial Urges Abound

Hmmm. Sounds pretty intimidating really, yet sort of fun. I'm not sure whether to weep or feel releif over missing boskone.

I flew over to the east coast for a bit, but I have to go back to oregon early tommorow, too bad about the pizza that was going to be a bit of fun, maybe I'll come to a Con sometime on the west coast, just take it easy on me when I do eventually get a chance to meet you all, I'm delicate.

Hmmm. Sounds pretty intimidating really, yet sort of fun. I'm not sure whether to weep or feel releif over missing boskone.

I flew over to the east coast for a bit, but I have to go back to oregon early tommorow, too bad about the pizza that was going to be a bit of fun, maybe I'll come to a Con sometime on the west coast, just take it easy on me when I do eventually get a chance to meet you all, I'm delicate.

You don't need to worry. We're not so bad really. Amongst all the ribaldry there are moments where we just sit around and just converse/vegetate. ;)

You don't need to worry. We're not so bad really. Amongst all the ribaldry there are moments where we just sit around and just converse/vegetate. ;)

It's not just noobs that get this treatment, so don't let that concern you.

The three-fisted Baron of the BWB was written all over with silver paint marker at worldcon, as was Rhelle, (and I think) Dajamieson and Ghost of Nymeria. It's all in good fun, and much like a Nightmare on Elm Street movie.......

Don't go to sleep.

The rule at signings is generally 3 at a time, then return to the back of the line if you want more. This of course can be countermanded a bit if you have enough bros willing to stand in line for ya :)

Sounds like a fun time, guys :D

As many as you can carry, in theory. The rule for actual signings though is that you get 3 (IIRC) done at a time and then go back to the end of the line to wait again. So if there's loads of time you can get 15 books signed, but it'll take you 5 passes through the line. Or bring lots of family and friends to wait with you. ;)

GoN, Aoife,

I was hoping to get to really meet GRRM in Raleigh. To be honest I'd love to get all my GRRM stuff signed. However, I didn't want to overwhelm the man so I thought I'd only bring my hardbacks and my copy of Dying of the Light (that's my favorite of his books) that means 4 books to have signed.

GoN,

You coming home for Trinoc? I just hit GRRM up (on his "Not a Blog") to see if he is interested in an August "Barbeque crawl" or just a long trip to Lexington for Lexington Barbeque.

;)

Scot,

I'd LOOOOOOVE to. But I can't promise anything at the moment. I can promise, I'll do my best to be there. A barbeque crawl in August scares me in ways I cannot full begin to express. I have been spoiled by British summers. :P

Also I'd like a Cheerwine.

I just hit GRRM up (on his "Not a Blog") to see if he is interested in an August "Barbeque crawl" or just a long trip to Lexington for Lexington Barbeque.

Barbecue crawl? If that happens, I may have to make my way to NC for the occasion.

Is this in Raleigh?

That's not too far from my old base. I wonder if GRRM would enjoy a ride in an attack helicopter.

Scott,

I usually don't bring more than ten - twelve books for GRRM to sign each con. :D He has stopped asking me when I'll run out of books for him to sign.

I usually don't bring more than ten - twelve books for GRRM to sign each con. :D He has stopped asking me when I'll run out of books for him to sign.

BTW, can I just say that hanging out with Stego in the Hucksters room and at the auction was awesome. In my noob ignorance of book collecting, I have no idea what anything is worth--thankfully, he was there to offer advice. :thumbsup:

And as to con times and locations, I was one of those people who was complaining about Boston in February vs. NC in August. Parris' response was great. It was something along the lines of we need the off-season rates because we're bottom feeders. ;)

Archived