NFL V

grozeng

The Packers keep on winning. The past 3 games could easily have gone the other way though. All those close wins leave me with a lot of concerns about their real strength despite a 7-1 start. Looking at the team though Favre is playing well, the reciever corp is coming along very nicely, and the defensive front 7 is solid. The defensive backfield is good but tends to give up costly illegal contact or pi penalties. Its a stingy d, which in the end is the most important thing. The running game is the biggest worry. Though it has been showing life the past couple of weeks its still far from being consistant. The Packers have back-to-back away games at Detroit (thanksgiving) and then at Dallas. We should have a much more clear picture of where they are at then.

Right now I would rank the top teams in the league as follows:

Pats

Colts

Steelers

Cowboys

Greenbay

Detroit

and its starts falling off from there. I really have doubts about Dallas's D which made it hard for me to rank them ahead of GB. The fact that they have had more dominating wins than the Pack means I have to put them a bit higher but righ now.

And Clemens looked good. Not great, but good. His ability to scramble was something a lot of people overlooked, but he made some good yardage yesterday. He still needs work, but that was not a bad start against a decent Washington D, and he didn't make a ton of crucial mistakes or anything.

Glad to see an Oregon QB do a bit better. I know that he'll need to get a few games under his belt before teams adjust to his style a bit and you'll see a slump then, but he did good. Too bad their defense sucks so, so much.

He had one of the better first starts I can recall seeing. Can't remember whatThe Redskins D had exposed a flaw in the protection scheme and were overloading each side of the line in succession. Clemens was getting knocked around (Landry destroyed him on a couple safety blitzes) but he didn't really make any mistakes. A couple throws missed, but he was finding his hot reads and not turning the ball over or taking sacks. And you could see him smiling after getting walloped. Also Coles was out, and there was little running game (besides him scrambling) and he did about as you could hope with only Cotchery, McCareins and Baker as weapons.

The only time he seemed phased was on their last drive in the fourth quarter going for a field goal to tie and a TD to win...and despite having 3 TOs, they burned up a ton of time when they got into field goal range and he seemed more worried about making a mistake than going for the TD.

All in all was impressed. Had me wondering after the game how his first start compared with other guys. Never saw Manning or Brady's or Palmer or Roethlisberger. I remember Eli's, he was pretty putrid. Campbell was solid but it was clear they were treating him with kid gloves whereas Clemens threw 42 times.

That was his second start? I thought he just came in relief the first time.

Nope he started against Baltimore. And almost tied the game in the final 2 minutes if it wasn't for 2 drops by McCareins and a ball that was a couple of inches to low to Coles (any of those 3 would have been the TD to tie the game).

Nope he started against Baltimore. And almost tied the game in the final 2 minutes if it wasn't for 2 drops by McCareins and a ball that was a couple of inches to low to Coles (any of those 3 would have been the TD to tie the game).

He started that game? I thought he just came in for an injured Pennington. Damn, well screw him then! If it's his second start I'm actually a little disappointed that he's not further along. :P

I do remember that Baltimore game. His receivers literally dropped the ball in that one.

You know who I hate?

The Jets.

With their ugly shade of green and easily spellable name, befitting a fanbase that loves to spell but is limited by an average 8th grade education. :P

Exactly.

I don't care how many Superbowls the Pats win, I will reserve my vast amounts of hatred for the fuckin' Jets. The only good thing about this season for Dolphins fans is that the Jets suck almost as bad as Miami. They are currently just a field goal better.

And that game stung far worse then the thumping from the Patriots.

Did we just get into a "my coach can beat up your coach?" Got to love Tuesdays in the NFL world. :P Well Belichick could defeat Dungy in a Rap duel.

One of

That video made the Patriots move up closer to the Jets on my most hated list.

Some small part of my soul died watching that.

Made me want to take another shower.

:sick:

Vrabel responds to Shula -

I think that we try to go out there and play hard every week. And I don't think that guys are going to draw on an old retired coach and old washed up players to pump us up. We play hard. We try to go out there and play hard. That's our job every week is to go out there and play hard. To play for our team, my teammates, my coaches, the respect factor, that's what I try to go out and play for, and I think everybody else on our team does the same thing."
(OLB Mike Vrabel was a guest on "The Mike Felger Show" on ESPN 890 today and was asked about Don Shula's remarks in the New York Daily News. Boston Globe)

Vrabel responds to Shula - (OLB Mike Vrabel was a guest on "The Mike Felger Show" on ESPN 890 today and was asked about Don Shula's remarks in the New York Daily News. Boston Globe)

Ladies and gentlemen, your New England Patriots, amercias classiest team.

Archived