Heroes

EHK for Darwin

I'm following four shows myself. And they fall into the following order of preference fairly easily:

Dexter

Pushing Daisies

Heroes

Smallville

If I'd done this last year, Heroes would easily have been top of the list. But Dexter Season 2 has been mindblowing, and Pushing Daisies makes me laugh. A lot. So Heroes is relegated to 3rd on the list. (Mind you, it's not exactly hard to beat Smallville. Kind of a guilty pleasure)

Sir Thursday

OKay, finally caught up on last week's episode. It was good. It was. Such lack of Sylar and the Wonderless Twins is a good thing. Suresh remains mind numbing, regardless of what he does. I'm a bit disappointed that they've sped things up so that of the remaining unknowns from the picture, there is but one left. That's a letdown from the entire concept of the story arcs I was expecting from what the creators told us going in, but oh well.

There was something else I wanted to bring up, but I've forgotten. I hope I remember. GAH!

Peter and Claire make me facepalm myself. Especially Claire. I ought to be fair to Peter - his storyline has been interesting so far. Much more fun than Hiro's, surprising. I think I'm just still ticked off that he's alive for season two. :P

You don't like Elle? :( I find her interesting. She seems to get better and better with each episode, especially as more of her backstory and personality is revealed. I'm pulling for her.

I think she has more potential than most of the Heroes - Mohinder, Claire, Nathan and Adam have all been disappointing. Claire and Mohinder have been especially stupid lately. Adam doesn't have much of a personality, Nathan has been on and off. But Elle is interesting. Even if the writers are too unimaginative to explore her character (and that's very probable), I think she has a lot of potential.

Ah! Remembered! What was the deal, when Matt was looking at the photo with his boss (right before he used his whammy on him) and he mentioned a number of names, Kaito, Mrs. Petrelli, his dad and specifically he named Adam Munroe. Now, where's Adam in the picture? I thought it was clear that he wasn't in the photo. But anyway...

so Takezo Kensei is really Connor Macleod and can only be killed by taking off his head. I thought they cancelled that show/ movies. What does that make Claire? Duncan?

this show has caught the plagiarism bug. I thought that was frowned upon. I hope Queen does the opening credits to the finally.....HERE WE ARE BORN TO BE KINGS.....

Not going to bother with spoiler tags. If you haven't watched the latest episode or just haven't started Heroes, you shouldn't be reading this.

LATEST EPISODE

Maya is a freaking idiot. I can't even emphasize how much of a freaking idiot she is. As dumb as Claire and Mohinder. Well, I did in my last post, but since that got deleted/screwed, I'm not bothering to type it all out again. In any case, I can't believe anyone can be so guileless and easily manipulated. It absolutely beggars belief. And I knew Alejandro was going to die. But I loved him. :( He was such a great big brother.

Monica Dawson - that was so unbelievable. I clearly remember this girl learning combat moves. She could have taken some of those guys when they weren't looking her way. And I love how she completely failed to see that giant, huge, shiny medal.

I also love how Claire broadcasted her future plans to a woman who has tried to kill her in the past and could easily have killed her right then and there. Not to mention her family as well. Why do people do this in movies, comics, books, and TV? Why do they always bleat out their plans to their enemy? It's such a lame plot device. And the deus ex machina in this series is finally starting to become unbearable. Everyone is conveniently blind, conveniently stupid, conveniently brought back to life...

I do like how the picture is still a bit twisted - Noah Bennet has valid reasons to hate the Company and the Company seems to have started out at least with a valid agenda, although it has done so many reprehensible things that it's hard to be certain who is in the right anymore. Adam Munroe has no agenda. His quest for the virus doesn't make sense. Why does he want to destroy the world? What does that have to do with his personal revenge? Or is it his revenge - to destroy everything the Company worked for?

The flashback to 1977 was interesting. I'm also happy that they revealed how to kill superbloods - a shot to the head, eh? Tim Kring has seen Highlander, evidently.

The finale should be interesting.

I'm not bothering with spoiler tags for an episode that has aired...

I tell you, I'm now rooting for the studios in this writer's strike. Because maybe then all the writers will go and be ditch diggers or something they are good at - because it's not writing. At least the Heroes writers.

Let's start with Sylar/Maya/Alejandro. All this time, we get this trio where Maya has to act as the interpreter because Alejandro can't speak English and Sylar can't speak Spanish. But apparently Alejandro can read English because he printed off a copy of the New York Times with an article about Sylar being a killer. And the Sylar seduction of Maya has been ham-handed at best. Hey, don't notice me closing the door behind my back while you're standing there. Nothing suspicious about that.

Monica - Uh...didn't she watch a Bruce Lee movie to learn how to fight? And even if she didn't want to fight, she saw the guys pull up outside the house - all she had to do was wait for them to come in the house, and she could have left the same way she came inside. Idiotic.

All this build up about the original 12, and now we're pretty much done with them. And we never even learned most of their powers. Bah.

So, they introduce Elle as somewhat of a badass, and then turn her into a bit of a nutjob, and that's ok. But now all of a sudden, she's a bumbler who spills her soda on herself while trying not to be noticed? And Claire goes up to her, even though she could potentially fry her entire family? And what's up with Claire being the only one to spread the ashes? I mean, wouldn't the guys wife want to be involved? And Claire's brother must feel like a complete afterthought at this point.

I could go on I guess, but why bother. The flaws in this show are rapidly self evident. To answer your question Brienne, judging on the 1977 flashback and Adam's words, he wants to release the virus because he's fed up with humanity in general at this point, it sounds like.

I completely agree with the above post. And I'll remove my spoiler tags as well - they're bugging me.

Another thing that bugged me: why didn't Peter ask Victoria about his parents' powers? Or anyone else's?

To answer your question Brienne, judging on the 1977 flashback and Adam's words, he wants to release the virus because he's fed up with humanity in general at this point, it sounds like.

With the dumbasses the Heroes seem to be, I can't entirely fault him. ;)

it would be cool to have as a superpower immunity to STDs and ability to control whether your sperm can get a girl pregnant.

As a super-weakness, perhaps the writers could make him a total loser who can't get a girl. Oh the irony...

As a super-weakness, perhaps the writers could make him a total loser who can't get a girl. Oh the irony...

Aren't you describing Sylar here? God I hate almost all of the characters on the show at this point. Only Adam, Bob, and Bennett remain very enjoyable.

Archived