Heroes

EHK for Darwin

I like porridge in the morning, especially when its hot off the stove and stirred with a little honey and eaten with a piece of bread. But this show's writing is a porridge I'm afraid to stir.

Mohinder needs to come out already, or at least reveal his hidden power of being completely inert to female advances (first Eden failed to rock his Hindu world and now Elle can't get a spark off him).

The Superblood is a cop out. As mentioned in earlier posts, it provides an excuse to wipe out any character and then re-animate them, it's only cool a couple of times and then it becomes lame like going back in time to alter events. If anything Sulu got it right when he said they shouldn't play God. Roll the dice once and let characters stay dead.

The only redeeming feature it may have is if it also sterilises those it's administered to, Children of Men anyone? (Though if Adam has some offspring then this theory is dead in the water.)

Superblood meeting the BlackOil Twins would be interesting.

Still, I'll have my bowl in hand for next week's porridge.

And we still have the matter of the Haitian apparently playing errand boy for Mrs. Petrelli back when she was still pro-company, 'Ra Ra! Nuke new York!', yet appearing to betray the company when he mindwiped Bennett (at Bennett's direction) to protect Claire, than he's back with the company again in '4 months ago', only to betray them again and play the Penn and Teller routine with Bennet a few weeks later. Seriously, I've stopped trying to sort all that shit out.

Wait a sec. Maybe the Haitian is on everyone's side. As far as we know Bennett, Bob and others don't even know he can talk, right? And he can stay in plain view by wiping the mind of anyone that realizes he's on both sides.

Oh wait, he went back to Haiti and waited for a virus to kill him. Nevermind. Unless this was his way of manipulating Mohinder, which seems more than a little risky.

If his power is identical to Claire's, he could be killed. He'll just revive once what ever is sticking through his brain is removed.

Either way, Nathan, West, or Peter could eliminate Adam by accelerating with him to escape velocity and then releasing him into the void of space.

Standard ploys for dealing with characters who have super-regenerative powers -

- cut off head, separate from body by vast distance, destroy head;

- drown them and keep them drowned ie store body underwater.

The later should prevent any revival as there is no wound to heal. The former should also work, providing the head can't regenerate and the body can't walk by itself

Aratan

I always preferred dropping into a volcano myself. Decapitation of course is always the first choice. If that doesn't work, full piece by piece dismemberment. If that fails, incineration. Watch Return of the Living Dead, they go through a fairly logical progression of how to kill something that is apparently unkillable.

Adam stated that 'if they could have killed me, they would have' or something to that effect. If they haven't actually tried and failed in all of the above methods, the writers again deserve to be bitchslapped. (if in fact what Adam said was true of course, always possible that statement was just a lie and ploy.)

I always preferred dropping into a volcano myself. Decapitation of course is always the first choice. If that doesn't work, full piece by piece dismemberment. If that fails, incineration. Watch Return of the Living Dead, they go through a fairly logical progression of how to kill something that is apparently unkillable.

Adam stated that 'if they could have killed me, they would have' or something to that effect. If they haven't actually tried and failed in all of the above methods, the writers again deserve to be bitchslapped. (if in fact what Adam said was true of course, always possible that statement was just a lie and ploy.)

Heh, dropping him into a volcano was my first idea as well.:) How about shooting him into the sun? Or at least outer space? Surely there's no coming back from there. God I really, really hope Adam was lying about it. The writers can't be that incompetent, can they?

I disagree. I wouldn't have the nerve to try all that stuff. And constantly trying to kill him could give him an avenue for escape (via volcano or something).

Clearly she's important (the lady she was protecting), she's likely a target, and from everything we know Matt and friends' interest in finding her is much stronger than Mrs. Petrelli's interest in hiding her.

SPOILER: The Lady
Well she is a target and we won't get a chance to find out if she is important

Standard ploys for dealing with characters who have super-regenerative powers -

- cut off head, separate from body by vast distance, destroy head;

- drown them and keep them drowned ie store body underwater.

SPOILER: what happens to Adam
You are close with one of them here. Let's just say that what they do with him is similar to one of the choices above, but gives the chance for a close up on a cockaroach

Wait a sec. Maybe the Haitian is on everyone's side. As far as we know Bennett, Bob and others don't even know he can talk, right? And he can stay in plain view by wiping the mind of anyone that realizes he's on both sides.

Oh wait, he went back to Haiti and waited for a virus to kill him. Nevermind. Unless this was his way of manipulating Mohinder, which seems more than a little risky.

Bennett knows he can talk. This was revealed in the Company Man episode. However, it was unclear if Bennett had know previously that the Haitian could talk and was angry that he let it slip to Claire, or didn't know until that episode that he could talk.

I am also a bit lost by the Haitian mind-wiping Bennett in that episode, as they really left it unclear what got taken and what got left behind. In Season 2 they seem to be working on the premise that Bennett remembers everything.

I disagree. I wouldn't have the nerve to try all that stuff. And constantly trying to kill him could give him an avenue for escape (via volcano or something).

I really don't think the company lacks nerve. Remember Claire's opened up chest and the horrible experimenting they apparently did on Elle?

No, they don't lack the nerve. The brains, perhaps, but not the nerve.

I really don't think the company lacks nerve. Remember Claire's opened up chest and the horrible experimenting they apparently did on Elle?

No, they don't lack the nerve. The brains, perhaps, but not the nerve.

Wasn't Claire's opened up chest just part of her autopsy? No Company involvement, right?

Really? I'm not getting the hate. I'm really not. I think the pace could be quickened, but I am enjoying it, nontheless.

I don't get it either. At all. The hate-pile-on seems to be the "in" thing to do now, or something. :P

On a side note, that has nothing to do with Heroes, Dub and I just reordered Showtime for Dexter. We caught up on all of them. I freaking LOVE that show. But you can't go comparing the two. (Heroes and Dexter, I mean.) They are just too different to draw any comparisons.

*dances*

Agreed, best episode of this season.

Did anyone else notice that the child-actor playing Hiro at his mother's funeral looked very different from gameboy-Hiro who we saw in the last episode of season 1 on the rooftop together with Daddy Sulu?

The previews for the next two episodes seemed very interesting.

SPOILER: last two episodes
Apparently Sylar makes it back to Suresh's apartment plus Hiro is threatening Peter with his sword.

In the absence of a thread asking the question, and since Mandy brings it up ...

I'm watching:

• Heroes
  • Journeyman
  • Ugly Betty
  • Project Runway
  • Tim Gunn's Guide to Style
  • Real Housewives of Orange County
  • And the three surviving Law & Order franchises
  • Oh, and we occasionally catch The Daily Show and Colbert Report

Archived