Heroes

EHK for Darwin

By the way, apparently 2 Heroes are going to die in the finale. Any guesses? And who wants to bet that they'll stay dead this time? ;)

I think Niki will die trying to save Monica and Micah. And maybe Elle will die. Or Hiro, as he's going to have an epic battle with Peter and Adam, it seems.

I'd rather it was Peter, honestly. It still stings that he and Nathan survived a freaking nuclear bomb.

Oh, and I don't think Adam counts in this.

By the way, apparently 2 Heroes are going to die in the finale. Any guesses? And who wants to bet that they'll stay dead this time? ;)

I think Niki will die trying to save Monica and Micah. And maybe Elle will die. Or Hiro, as he's going to have an epic battle with Peter and Adam, it seems.

I'd rather it was Peter, honestly. It still stings that he and Nathan survived a freaking nuclear bomb.

Oh, and I don't think Adam counts in this.

I spoilered one of the deaths upthread somewhere. The other one I knew about was alejandro.

And I think Elle didn't fry anyone because she was wet from the soda (or she is developing a conscience).

SPOILER: death I know about and one I know doesn't happen
You are right with your first guess (but I am not sure how she dies - I thought I read it was from the virus). Also, Adam doesn't die.

This is the second episode I've watched of Heroes- I had seen one earlier this season, which I thought was horrible. This one was even worse, even allowing for the fact that I didn't know all the character relationships and such). But seriously, is the acting always this bad? Is season one that much better that I should actually rent it? Because goddamn, this was shit.

SPOILER: death I know about and one I know doesn't happen
You are right with your first guess (but I am not sure how she dies - I thought I read it was from the virus). Also, Adam doesn't die.

Hang on, how do you know? Do you know know, or are you just really confident with your guesses?

This is the second episode I've watched of Heroes- I had seen one earlier this season, which I thought was horrible. This one was even worse, even allowing for the fact that I didn't know all the character relationships and such). But seriously, is the acting always this bad? Is season one that much better that I should actually rent it? Because goddamn, this was shit.

This season has been a let-down. I'd recommend watching season 1 (which was great) and leaving it at that.

I just thought you guys might like to know that Rifftrax (Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and other people formerly associated with Mystery Science Theater 3000) have done a commentary track for either the first episode or the first season of Heroes (I'm not quite clear which).

You can find a sample of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H5AhFj8bEs.

Hang on, how do you know? Do you know know, or are you just really confident with your guesses?

I posted in my other spoiler thread. I read a spoiler before the episode where Kensai betrayed Hiro that has been accurate for everything that has happened so far (even mentioning Adam Munroe before the name was revealed). I stayed away from spoilers before that because I didn't want to be spoiled but then something in a post on this board had me want to check it out and the spoiler I read was for the whole season. It revealed the virus was in Primatech. It revealed that Hiro and Peter would fight while Adam was frozen. It said that Adam would kill Victoria Pratt. So I am fairly certain it is accurate on who dies. I did not read it too carefully, so it may also have the 2nd death (when they revealed 2 Heroes and 1 non-Hero would die - I stopped reading when it named Noah, Alejandro and the other one).

Screw Pretty Peter. Sylar looked so damn good when he was all sweaty and shirtless and had a manic gleam in his eye.

That stupid idiot Maya doesn't deserve to bed him.

He did, I was awestruck. The evil- it is sexy.

All this time, we get this trio where Maya has to act as the interpreter because Alejandro can't speak English and Sylar can't speak Spanish. But apparently Alejandro can read English because he printed off a copy of the New York Times with an article about Sylar being a killer.

That's not as bad as him blatantly speaking English during the fight. "Now, when I'm physically active and should have trouble concentrating, I'll spout off, 'You're not taking my sister!' No, I have not spoken any English before, and yes, I know how to use contractions, wanna fight about it?"

The flashback to 1977 was interesting. I'm also happy that they revealed how to kill superbloods - a shot to the head, eh? Tim Kring has seen Highlander, evidently.

I was under the impression it was more than a headshot - complete decapitation seemed necessary (Claire even mentioned that she's taken one to the brain before). Although I'm not sure how Munroe/Kensei would know this, since it obviously hasn't been tested before.

Elle not frying anyone made sense to me - there's the soda thing, but also she'd never be able to beat Claire. Kill West & her mother (such a mercy that would be!), sure, but Claire would just pop back up &... I don't know, punch more glass or something.

I wish I'd given up on this show the way I did on BSG - now I feel like I have to watch the stupid finale despite any absence of desire to do so. Ugh. No wonder Sylar wants to kill everyone, I do too.

Also - is it just me or does Sylar really look like Eli Roth? The show would be so much better if he really was.

That's not as bad as him blatantly speaking English during the fight. "Now, when I'm physically active and should have trouble concentrating, I'll spout off, 'You're not taking my sister!' No, I have not spoken any English before, and yes, I know how to use contractions, wanna fight about it?"

yeah, I too was a bit dumbstruck with the sudden ability to speak English which is definitely harder than understanding English, which he obviously wasn't able to do just a couple days earlier when Sylar said, "I'm going to kill you and your sister."

I agree with the earlier "good riddance" sentiment vis a vis the writer's strike. The only things lacking this season that decent writing would have helped are the plot, characterization, and dialogue. Maybe they'll rebound in season three. There's still plenty of product placement to go around, so I'm sure there will be one.

I echo the chorus, fucking painful to watch. Things we know:

1. Adam, despite having no empirical data to test the question, knows that he can die via decapitation/getting the head blown off.

2. The company WOULD HAVE killed Adam if they could (so says Adam), they are in fact evil geniuses, yet they couldn't figure out a slightly dense 5 year old's answer to the question 'How do you kill something that regenerates'.

3. Adam is essentially a hippy environmentalist who wants to 'save the whales' by killing humanity. Way to character build boys!!

4. I have fired the retarded chimps and brought in brainless grub worms to rewrite the rest of the scripts. While this may appear to be a cost-cutting measure since said worms aren't demanding royalties, we do in fact expect an improvement in the writing quality.

5. Alejandro cannot understand English. But he can speak complete sentences and apparently google pretty damned well. He can also apparently access a computer to print out a story without owning one and/or use the library without a library card. (or citizenship for that matter. They do card for that shit)

6. Despite the lack of any empirical evidence, Victoria Platt also knows that Adam can only be killed with a head shot.

7. Context (but said context was created by the writers, so we never know how reliable that is) suggests that Mohinder didn't know for sure if Claire's blood would heal Bennett...but shot him in the eye anyway.

8. Invincible girl and flying boy decided to run rather than recovering dad's body even though they were only faced by crippled lightning girl, man of no powers (that they know of), and man of no powers with gun.

9. Maya is gullible as shit...but hey, it moved the plot along. And its not like the show hasn't used character stupidity as a crutch since day 1.

10. Have I mentioned cringe-worthy dialog and grotesque acting yet? Yeah.

11. Super hero that mimics everything she sees apparently hasn't watched Kung Fu movies. Or if she has, she's conveniently forgotten.

12. Monica should work for the Baltimore PD since she can apparently find anyone she wants at anytime with no explanation.

13. Claire is apparently developing super strength in addition to immortality. Because I honestly don't know any 4 foot nothing cheerleader who can ram her hand through a car window...invincible or not. (Especially when it took a well built, grown man 2 shots at it with a baton in the Wire)

14. Hiro with a sharp stick expects to have a chance against invincible, super hearing, mind-reading, lightning throwing, radioactive bomb flinging, super strengthed, flying, telekinetic, and also time-stopping Peter.

Dumb beyond fucking belief.

Interesting. The spoilers, I mean, not the fact that you were spoiled. I hate it when it comes suddenly on you without warning.

Anyway, will be interesting to see all of this play out in the finale.

Now I remember reading about the other death.

SPOILER: 2 Deaths Next Week
Well, the first one is Nikki and it is heroic not the virus. The spoiler said the 2 Deaths were from Sylar. But I knew Nikki was not from Sylar so I figured that was wrong. Well Alejandro was killed by Sylar and Nikki is going to die. But there is one more death left and it is supposedly from Sylar, so it must be Maya. But I read she was supposed to be in the second half of the season, so Mohinder probably saves her with the blood.

But apparently Alejandro can read English because he printed off a copy of the New York Times with an article about Sylar being a killer.

Babelfish, dude. ;) He punched in Gabriel's name, out pops up an article with words like MURDER and MOTHER which he might well recognize from watching Sylvester Stallone in Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot 32 times at the local south-of-the-border cinema, and cut-and-pasted the text into Babelfish or maybe Google Translate to get the gist of it.

Monica - Uh...didn't she watch a Bruce Lee movie to learn how to fight? And even if she didn't want to fight, she saw the guys pull up outside the house - all she had to do was wait for them to come in the house, and she could have left the same way she came inside. Idiotic.

Or a n00b getting pwned by making n00b mistakes. She actually got nervous and the "fight or flight" drive blew out some fuses temporarily.

Also, I think there's a difference between the theoretical knowledge of how to beat some one up, and the practical ability to put yourself into that mindset at will. It seems to me what happened highlights that. Only experience is going to get someone used to the idea of actually being violent.

Personally, I don't think this episode was that bad. It's just that people are so down on the series as a whole that it is hard to just sit back and enjoy without overanalyzing. The past couple of weeks have been pretty good and consistent with some of the better weeks of last year though.

I echo the chorus, fucking painful to watch. Things we know:

I think you're being a bit harsh with some of these.

3. Adam is essentially a hippy environmentalist who wants to 'save the whales' by killing humanity. Way to character build boys!!

C'mon, I think it fits. Adam, having been alive for 400 years, witnessed the invention of the nuclear bomb, a couple of world wars, malthus, and god knows what else. It's not improbable that he would think that a radical reduction of the number of humans on the planet would be a good idea for the future of humanity. Easy to say when it doesn't effect you, right? And it makes sense that immortality would give a person a God complex.

5. Alejandro cannot understand English. But he can speak complete sentences and apparently google pretty damned well. He can also apparently access a computer to print out a story without owning one and/or use the library without a library card. (or citizenship for that matter. They do card for that shit)

I agree with Ran on this one. Also, I think it's much harder to understand a language than it is to speak it. It wasn't until the end of my second year of college French that I could actually understand anything that anyone was saying in normal conversation, but I passed a number of oral exams by that point. Language classes seem to take that into account, as they don't formally test and grade your ability to understand for quite a while. And reading a foreign language is the easiest of all, IMO.

7. Context (but said context was created by the writers, so we never know how reliable that is) suggests that Mohinder didn't know for sure if Claire's blood would heal Bennett...but shot him in the eye anyway.

Is that a problem? I don't think we're supposed to think anything different. Mohinder always acts in accordance to his own determination of the "greater good" without reference to loyalty. HRG was going to shoot Bob and so Mohinder shot HRG to prevent him, the violent person, from committing murder. Fits with the character, IMO.

12. Monica should work for the Baltimore PD since she can apparently find anyone she wants at anytime with no explanation.

She said during the episode that she knew who her brother was talking about and where they lived. Lots of people know who their local thugs are and where they live, particularly in post-Katrina New Orleans, I would think.

14. Hiro with a sharp stick expects to have a chance against invincible, super hearing, mind-reading, lightning throwing, radioactive bomb flinging, super strengthed, flying, telekinetic, and also time-stopping Peter.

Well, he didn't know that Peter could stop time until right then, did he? So he's thinking on the fly, and Hero's character pretty much never shows the amount of caution that he should, so it's consistent with the character, IMO.

I've got one question: what ever happened with Isaac's painting of Hero and the T-Rex? Did I miss something, or has that not happened yet?

Archived