Heroes

EHK for Darwin

And lastly, and this is the one that today most disappointed me in this episode ... If Victoria left the company in 1977, what is she doing in that picture, which can't be more than, what, five, eight years old? If it's some kind of reunion party -- why would she go back to celebrate the reunion of founding a company whose purposes she now believes to be so deeply corrupt?

QFT. This inconsistency popped out at me immediately.

Also, regarding the graphic novels, I'm 100% with EHK on this one. It's one thing to have irrelevant little side stories on the web - but to have fundamental plot points be explained on the web only...stupid.

I'm not sure they're fundamental plot points. Knowing how Wireless tried to help deal with Linderman's manipulation of the vote, for example, doesn't change the fact that we already knew she was trying to do something (mentioned on the show).

They're mainly grace notes, and maybe give a early hint at something that they'll be revealing later in the show anyways. No harm, no foul.

Agree with Ran. I've never read an online comic and don't think I've needed to with regard to following the general "plot" (the quotes are for you, EHK. :P )

As for Adam and having his head removed, I didn't blink about that. So what if it's never been tested? It follows logical course. Disconnect the brain from the rest of the body and it can't tell the body to regenerate. This assumes that the brain has the primary function control of the mutation. Without knowning exactly how the mutations work, this seems logical and something I'd assume if I was Adam. Could his head survive without his body? That might be possible though.

Of course we can't, he can't, "know" he wouldn't survive if his head was removed, but it's simple basic logic in the face of no empirical data.

As for Adam and having his head removed, I didn't blink about that. So what if it's never been tested? It follows logical course.

Of course it does. But both Adam and the dead lady say it with certainty. A certainty they simply couldn't have given the context of the show we've seen thus far. Obviously that'd be my first guess, but it remains just that until tested.

A certainty they simply couldn't have given the context of the show we've seen thus far.

OK, what? With a tree branch in the base of her skull, Claire couldn't regenerate (but her hand spit out glass, and her body spits out bullets lodged anywhere else. With a big shard of glass in his medulla oblongata, Peter couldn't regenerate.

Don't really think it is any leap at all to say that blowing one's head off would be impossible to come back from. Even fits Peter's particular context.

Maybe facial wounds or an eye injury could be regenerated in case of decapitation, but the rest is no longer connected.

OK, what? With a tree branch in the base of her skull, Claire couldn't regenerate (but her hand spit out glass, and her body spits out bullets lodged anywhere else. With a big shard of glass in his medulla oblongata, Peter couldn't regenerate.

Don't really think it is any leap at all to say that blowing one's head off would be impossible to come back from. Even fits Peter's particular context.

Maybe facial wounds or an eye injury could be regenerated in case of decapitation, but the rest is no longer connected.

The question is wether or not that is the only way to kill a regenerator. What if you ripped out thier heart? Or if you hit right between a couple of the lower vertbre. Does it need to be highlander type head off the shoulders?

The question is wether or not that is the only way to kill a regenerator. What if you ripped out thier heart?

Now you're just being unnecessarily specific. "She was going to blow your head off. There's no coming back from that one, Peter." It doesn't explicitly exlude anything.

Again, Adam saying it does not mean it is true. He might be saying it to convince Peter that he had to kill Victoria, because otherwise Peter is basically invulnerable to anything she could have done and killing her isn't even remotely justified.

I can completely buy that blowing off his head is the end of him, however. Though what happens if the head is chopped off and someone sort of sticks it back onto the body and dabs some magic healing blood on it...

Though what happens if the head is chopped off and someone sort of sticks it back onto the body and dabs some magic healing blood on it...

Damn it, now you know the writers are going to take that and run with it. But to make it more realistic, they'll make the magic healing blood be accidentally spilled when Elle bumps it while knocking her soda over.

I don't think I understand very much about getting blown up, if Adam can get erstwhile-killed in White Beard's exploding powder tent, his head was not sufficiently damaged to kill him.

Yeah, I thought about it too, but it's as futile as wondering why the Company didn't take Adam's blood when they had him for 30 years. :rolleyes:

Ok, Mass Effect has taken so much of my free time that I haven't even watched the last 2 episodes until today.

God that was painful.

The entire Monica storyline is about her being abducted by gangsters? If that's the case why bother with her at all. She's has no connection with the central plot, what a big waste of time.

Oh, and if Peter can read Victoria Pratt's mind, why can't he read Adam's mind?

Oh, and if Peter can read Victoria Pratt's mind, why can't he read Adam's mind?

The only possible explanation is that Peter's telekinesis is still somewhat involuntary, but the probable explanation is that the writers didn't think of it/chose to ignore it.

I've always thought Monica was completely useless and unnecessary. And the twins have been just as annoying irelevant.

Another thing I've been wondering is that: if people like Peter, Claire and Adam can only be killed by a shot to the head, why did Peter survive the bomb? (Adam surviving the explosion at White Beard's camp has already been mentioned).

Wow. I still can't believe how many plotholes there are.

Archived