Heroes

EHK for Darwin

Have to agree with EHK here, nothing these writers have done this season inspires any confidence in me, if at this point you are still waiting for a great finale, you'll be sorely disappointed.

And if the whole point of Monica's storyline is so that one person can die, that's just ridiculously bad writing. Could've saved us a lot of time and found an easier way for someone to die.

Oh, damn. I can understand that it would probably be terrible two hours, but they have so much to wrap up and explain - one hour sounds like it will all be squished together.

So yet again the Writer's Stike effects this show.

Eh. I still maintain that with wassisname, Kring?, the creator acknowledging that the show was suffering a serious slump and vowing to fix it, that he would have if he and his (new?) writers were given the time to do so. Having to take the show and crush all the various (and easy to acknowledge too many) storylines into a concluding hour of television due to the writer's strike isn't going to help one bit. I suspect we'd've seen a rather strong second half of Heroes.

The fact is that they wouldn't have to crunch anything together if they hadn't needlessly prolonged everything they did have in the beginning. We all acknowledge that Hiro was in Japan WAY too long. The Peter in Ireland storyline was stretched out with the absurdly dumb BOX, and than WAITING ON THE BOX, than DENYING THE BOX, than finally OPENING THE BOX. The twins have been doing the same damned thing since the first episode and have taken longer to get to New York than Lewis and Clark took to get to the Pacific. And all of this is trumped by the 10 weeks of pointlessness that is the Monica/Micah storyline.

Nearly all of this shit was drifting in the wind, riding in neutral until the last couple weeks. (and some of them are still in the damned wind) That's the reason they have so much to do now that its crunch time, not the damned writer's strike. (they did always plan this 11th episode as a 'finale' of sorts for this particular chapter anyway) If anything the strike might actually help. It'll give them some time to pause and reflect...and hopefully figure a way not to fuck up this monumentally again.

Yeah, probably. I think he was seriously intending to bring it back into shape. If this finale is as disappointing as the season so far (which is kinda inevitable), I don't know if the show can last through a Season 3.

The reason why I watch this show is because I want to love it. And I got attached to the characters in Season One. It's a very character-driven drama, and they should have played to that strength in Season 2.

Eh. I still maintain that with wassisname, Kring?, the creator acknowledging that the show was suffering a serious slump and vowing to fix it, that he would have if he and his (new?) writers were given the time to do so. Having to take the show and crush all the various (and easy to acknowledge too many) storylines into a concluding hour of television due to the writer's strike isn't going to help one bit. I suspect we'd've seen a rather strong second half of Heroes.

But he is not really changing anything for this finale. It was always planned to be the end of chapter 2, today in 1 hour. Then after the break, chapter 3 would begin. As far as I know, there is nothing that has happened yet that was planned to have happened in the second half of this season.

There was quite a lot of talk regarding the fact that the network wanted Kring to make significant changes to the final episode to make it act more like a proper finale. While that does not seem to have happened, I am quite certain I heard of reshoots taking place because _some_ changes were made to the last episode specifically because of the writer's strike.

My guess is that they're going to wrap one or two storylines earlier than they had originally intended.

Monica and the doomed character seem to be getting wrapped up quite hastily. Maybe it was planned from the beginning, but it still seems hurriedly put together.

And the twins seem to have had no purpose so far - I'm pretty sure there would have been some reshoots involving them. Although how Sylar and Maya intend to get to Odessa to participate in the final showdown, only Kring knows. Or maybe he doesn't. :P

The only thing that really annoyed me about the last episode, really, is the fact that they used different actors for the young versions of two of the actors that were not said actors. Totally unnecessary!

Archived