Goodkind XXXIII: Happy New Yeard!

tzanth

I pushed them all to one side as Wizard's First Rule became steadily more absorbing; upon my completion of Wizard's First Rule I then returned to finish off these other works, yet found them lacking in soul and ideas - at least, in comparison to Goodkind's work.

They were still very good, though when you consider that Goodkind's first book achieved the defeat of these esteemed classics...well, it certainly results in a new kind of balance to aid your perception of what is indeed, 'literature'.

He is firm, he is relentless, and very capable - he is Goodkind.

Let's talk about capable for a moment. A CAPABLE writer presents both sides of an argument through characterization, dialogue and purpose which illuminates the fundamental differences and reasons for a philosophy. CAPABLE writers are able to let the story lead them to a conclusion, not always knowing where that road may take them.

Goodkind is not CAPABLE. He determines what philosophy the reader MUST understand and sets up flaccid villains with impotent purpose and little manhood. These (insert another small dick reference) villains are CAPABLE of moving Goodkind's point of view along, but fail in addressing the shortcomings of his ideology.

He couldn't write a compelling tale to save his yeard. It's all propaganda dressed up in the jockstrap of Truth. His stories are setups. A writer doesn't spend 400 pages setting up his story for a great one liner at the end. If the one-liner doesn't fit into a tale, it doesn't get used.

Goodkind fanaticism is a display of the kind of intelligence Tairy accuses us infidels of lacking.

In other words, keep up the good work.

(Man I hope this is a troll by one of us board members lol)

Goodkind is not CAPABLE. He determines what philosophy the reader MUST understand and sets up flaccid villains with impotent purpose and little manhood. These (insert another small dick reference) villains are CAPABLE of moving Goodkind's point of view along, but fail in addressing the shortcomings of his ideology.

How dare you call Richard flacid! His thing rises all the time! :P

How dare you call Richard flacid! His thing rises all the time! :P

Though only in the presence of little girls.

...I pushed them all to one side as Wizard's First Rule became steadily more absorbing; upon my completion of Wizard's First Rule I then returned to finish off these other works, yet found them lacking in soul and ideas - at least, in comparison to Goodkind's work.

I'm curious. What are the ideas in WFR that you found so absorbing?

Sorry, I'm not this Shinning Enigma, but I'm flattered for having being suspected to write such a great parody.

I only channel the Yeard, someone else has managed something as difficult as that; channeling one of His acolytes. Now we have to wonder which one of them. I can only forcibly bow in awe and reverence to The Shinning Enigma. :bow:

They're breeding :leaving:

Nah, it's just someone asking them for comments about his work. :) Although I did love one of the comments of someone Totally Missing the Point. :)

I think TSE is a real-life fan (although yes I thought it was a parody or something). Wasn't there someone who faked being a Tairy fan back in the threads? Was it Will? Hmmmm.... :idea:

Well, I meant in the sense that Tairy is starting to influence more than just Duke Newcomb :P

And as for that other, always safer to treat it as a parody. If the person wants attention, then it'll die out quicker and cleaner that way.

Well, I meant in the sense that Tairy is starting to influence more than just Duke Newcomb :P

And as for that other, always safer to treat it as a parody. If the person wants attention, then it'll die out quicker and cleaner that way.

Yes, but parodies entertain us!

If it's real, and said person wants to discuss rationally, well then, that's fun too!

And hrmm...looks like somebody has drunk Tairy's bong water and is trying to get published now.

They're breeding :leaving:

This is very interesting. But the real news here is that I was able to follow the link! That's right, it seems that for some reason mystar has lifted the ban on my IP address! This is a wonderful day!!!!

This is very interesting. But the real news here is that I was able to follow the link! That's right, it seems that for some reason mystar has lifted the ban on my IP address! This is a wonderful day!!!!

Congrats, Myshkin! :cheers:

I did this for a day or two back in the early threads.

I have no idea how you guys are able to channel these rabid fans without serious brain injury? What's your secret?

Archived