You know you've been reading too much ASoIaF when...

Ser Spidey

i live in a really small town where everyone knows everyone else, in fact since both sides of my family has been here since the founding of the town i'm probably distantly related to a good 30-40% of the people in the town.

yesterday i was buying some rum and the lady asked to see my i.d. and i showed her and she commented on my middle name being cool, i explained that its my mom's maiden name and she asked who my mom was so i said "some woman, most of them are" then walked off.

When you are watching a game show on TV and one of the contestant is a woman named Melissandre, and how you are disappointed that she is not red head, with a read dress and red eyes

When you try looking on the back of a car while driving and seeing the beginning of "conning.." and of course, you think about Connington, the young Griff ..

A few days ago I was having fun with friends about T shirts for pregnant women that you can customize, and try to imagine what message would be written on ours when we would be needing one. Mine were:

"I am Catelyn Tully and I approve her hip's width!"

"I went to Dorne and all I brought back was another Sand Snake" ( with an arrow pointing down)

During a lecture, the names "Brookhaven" and "Kernstock" were mentioned in a powerpoint presentation, I automatically read them as "Bloodraven" and "Karstark" and didn't even notice something was amiss before the names were read aloud.

This spring, I took a Human Behavioural Ecology course just for the fun of it. I particularly recall a lecture about incest and the Westermarck effect. The professor who held these lectures was a rather funny guy, but I believe I laughed a little harder than I should have at the punchline: "If you want to screw your sister, you're FUCKING SICK!"

THere have been several occasions where I've suddenly bumped into my mental image of character x. Asha Greyjoy is obviously a phd student at my department, I often see Stannis Baratheon on a bike when I walk to campus and Jaime Lannister works out at the same gym as I do, I refer to my boyfriend's look as "Starkish" and I could have added more examples as well.

And of course, I catch myself using quotes from the books every now and then.

GRRM's descriptions of food always make me soo hungry!

I've been having ASOIAF dreams the past couple nights.

My physics teacher this semester is actually named Jaime. Her last name is Poole, like Jeyne Poole. That really messes with me.

"they broke their fast"

Overuse of that phrase at every meal is annoying though

THere have been several occasions where I've suddenly bumped into my mental image of character x. Asha Greyjoy is obviously a phd student at my department, I often see Stannis Baratheon on a bike when I walk to campus and Jaime Lannister works out at the same gym as I do, I refer to my boyfriend's look as "Starkish" and I could have added more examples as well.

:rofl:

And all these are SO in character, too! Asha would certainly make a good scientist, a modern Jaime couldn't survive without a daily trip to the gym, and Stannis would look very natural on a bike. Not a smart racing bike, of course, but one of those old fashioned dutch ones that make you sit very upright. He'd wear a helmet, too, of course.

:rofl:

And all these are SO in character, too! Asha would certainly make a good scientist, a modern Jaime couldn't survive without a daily trip to the gym, and Stannis would look very natural on a bike. Not a smart racing bike, of course, but one of those old fashioned dutch ones that make you sit very upright. He'd wear a helmet, too, of course.

He actually was wearing a helmet, at least, if I can recall it correctly. (Haven't seen him for a while, not quite the weather for bicycling any more.)

There was one thing I can't see how I was able to forget when first posting in this thread. Ever since I first read the books, walking past any official building sporting the Norwegian coat of arms has become a slightly amusing experience: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Norway

(I dare say our lion is slightly more badass, though, wielding an axe and all that... :laugh: )

1-When you think of what character the actor of x movie would play in AGOT series.

2-When you are proud of yourself that you've thought same as Tywin would in the case of the Battle of the Bells(ADWD conversation between Jon Connington and one of his generals.I immediately thought L.T.Lannister(Lord Tywin Lannister) would have burned the Bells and just at the end of the page:"Tywin Lannister would have burned the Bells...."

3-When you ask yourself what L.T.Lannister would do.

4-When you start thinking(I haven't caught the phase of saying yet) "Winter is Coming" and "It is known" or "Fear cuts deeper than swords".

5-When you daydream yourself as Littlefinger that schemes against students you hate or sometimes,when you are too angry as Gregor bashing their heads on a wall.

When you hear that your friend's new boyfriend is called Ramsay, you have to restrain yourself from telling her to dump him immediately because he is a dangerous monster who will flay and kill you just for your heritage.

... when you register with this site. I just finished reading all five books for the first time (over the span of 6 weeks) and feel lost that i have no more to read. My husband is surprised that there are other people who are just as big of SolaF geeks as I am. To that I say "You know nothing". I firmly believe that people with the last name Snow and Rivers are descended from a long line of 'natural born' children. I'm impressed with HBO's GOT series they did and can't wait for Season 2 to come out!

... when you register with this site. I just finished reading all five books for the first time (over the span of 6 weeks) and feel lost that i have no more to read. My husband is surprised that there are other people who are just as big of SolaF geeks as I am. To that I say "You know nothing". I firmly believe that people with the last name Snow and Rivers are descended from a long line of 'natural born' children. I'm impressed with HBO's GOT series they did and can't wait for Season 2 to come out!

Oh yes ... there are many of us that crazy ... welcome! :)

Archived