Is Cersei pregnant?

Mais

She admitted to the Faith she has slept with all three of them...but that was followed with a line "better to admit too much than too little." I would count Osfryd out, since she hasnt had any scenes with him and he didnt do any favors to her. We know for sure she has been sleeping with Osney....i still have doubts about Osmund. There isnt a place in her POV where we see this has happen but Varys did tell Tyrion she has been sleeping with him. And I doubt Varys was not informed on something of that importance. Of course, there is always possibility he was lying to Tyrion.

But if that is true, then she was sleeping with Lancel and Osmund at the same time or? Im confussed....

EDIT: thanks queen Cersei for explaining.....but how do we know for Osmund? is that stated anywhere?

She admitted to the Faith she has slept with all three of them...but that was followed with a line "better to admit too much than too little." I would count Osfryd out, since she hasnt had any scenes with him and he didnt do any favors to her. We know for sure she has been sleeping with Osney....i still have doubts about Osmund. There isnt a place in her POV where we see this has happen but Varys did tell Tyrion she has been sleeping with him. And I doubt Varys was not informed on something of that importance. Of course, there is always possibility he was lying to Tyrion.

But if that is true, then she was sleeping with Lancel and Osmund at the same time or? Im confussed....

EDIT: thanks queen Cersei for explaining.....but how do we know for Osmund? is that stated anywhere?

We do see Cersei being rather "close" to Osmund during the burning of the Tower of the Hand. If she's like the Mad King, she might get turned on by wildfire. I think that's the source of the rumors that she and Osmund had a thing going.

Interesting scenario. I can certainly see Cersei being pregnant by one of the Kettleblacks.

I'm not so sure Myrcella is still alive, though. I somehow doubt she survived Darkstar's attack. And Doran couldn't allow the beans to be spilled... so he organized a double and had her scarred so the switch would be harder to spot.

Which would then leave Tommen as the only surviving child... and once the situation in KL blows up, I doubt his life is safe.

So yes, I expect Cersei to die in the next book.

I'm not so sure Myrcella is still alive, though. I somehow doubt she survived Darkstar's attack. And Doran couldn't allow the beans to be spilled... so he organized a double and had her scarred so the switch would be harder to spot.

I think that would rank as a "crackpot" theory, though usually when you suggest a crackpot theory there is some, even if just a shred, evidence.

We do see Cersei being rather "close" to Osmund during the burning of the Tower of the Hand. If she's like the Mad King, she might get turned on by wildfire. I think that's the source of the rumors that she and Osmund had a thing going.

First, prior to Cersei’s arrest (and Osney’s torture deriven confession that he slept with her) there really was not rumor that Cersei and Osmund “had a thing going.” Varys, who is privy to all the knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors because of his little birds knew, and Tyrion knew because Varys told him. However, the idea that Cersei was bedding Osmund was not common knowledge prior to her arrest and charges of fornication.

As for whether it was strictly true, we are never told for sure. I’m guessing yes, simply because the message “oooh, Cersei’s such a skank she sleeps with so many guys she can’t even remember how many!” seems to be a pivotal message of AFFC. (I see revelations that she slept with Maester Pycelle to gain his loyalty and with the mad king to get Jaime on the Kingsguard being revealed in the future. No, I don’t for the life of me want it to, but that simply seems like the direction GRRM is determined on going without a shred of subtlety or nuance with Cersei. Ugh.)

It is implied that she slept with Osmund but, that, apparently she’s slept with so many guys to gain her way, and is such, as the newly good, reformed Jaime and Tyrion call her, a whore, that she hardly even remembers and recalls the countless guys she’s screwed to get ahead. Hence GRRM’s implications that she is “old and used” and no one should want her anymore.

And it wouldn’t shock me once again if GRRM shows Cersei sleeping with several men to get something from them long before she marries Robert, just to rub in the obvious fact (as he did with her evil behavior in AFFC) that nope, being raped repeatedly and having her body owned by Robert was not what turned Cersei to such depravity. She has always been like this. Shamelessly, evilly using her body to get ahead! And there is no excuse for it! And it is a betrayal of Jaime! Etc.

I know that this particular theory might be crackpot, but I'm often ready to consider crackpots as long as there is some evidence. Oftentimes, I'm not really convinced either way, an this is one of these cases. I can see Myrcella being dead, and I can see her being alive.

In this particular case, the argument rests on two pillars:

1) Doran's tale of Daenerys in the water gardens. In the discussion with the Sand Snakes, Doran mentions he didn't tell Balon Swann the entire story; that Daenerys could not see if the children playing in the water gardens were high- or lowborn. Doran calls this "a lesson for those who have the wits to see" So something is up with a child swap, and Myrcella is the likely candidate.

2) How does Doran mention the 'Halfman' ambush, but we haven't seen any indication of that being discussed at court? Of course, GRRM might have left that out just to surprise us, but more often than not, he'd foreshadow such a plot beforehand. But that attack might be planned by Doran himself, and he might try to blame Tyrion (a convenient scapegoat) for an 'accident' that kills a fake Myrcella. Because while Balon Swann might be fooled by a body double, Cersei will not.

I doubt this will be clearly confirmed or denied. But one way of confirmation would be showing 'Myrcella' being offered to play cyvasse and not knowing what to do. I'll certainly be on the lookout on that.

I think she is just turning into Robert, all that wine and sitting around is starting to layer on the fat.

About her confession I do think she screwed all three of those guys that she admitted too. Her statement of admitting too much rather than too little just means she could have possibly gotten away with claiming she only screwed one or two of them, but it was better to fess up to the whole thing just in case they already knew the facts of it. There is no possible benefit to her claiming to screw more people than she actually did, so I don't see why she would claim to have done all three if she didn't.

Wouldn't there be other signs of her being pregnant? The only thing I can think of is her gaining weight. Which to me sounds like she's just gaining weight becuase she's drinking a lot. but if she is having a kid then wouldn't she comment on not having her period in a while? Also we see her from other pov's like jaime and Kevan, so I think one of them would have commented if she looked pregnant.

I don't believe he cares anymore.

He does, from a selfish standpoint.

In ADWD, he reflects, "So back to Kings Landing, he thought. And, his heart sang, back to Cersei."

He clearly still wants her, but is unwilling to help or save her.

However, when she gets fat and ugly (as she's bound to do in the next book) you can bet that element will soon be gone as well.)

As for the weight gain-- no, Cersei's not having another baby. The plot device/ prophecy said she's only going to have three.

She's clearly just getting fat and losing her looks, just as LF predicted. ("Cersei has only her beauty, and that will not last forever. I pity her then.") May as well be the author speaking, here.

In addition to showing how she's become like her husband but worse, Cersei's aging "grotesque" physical appearance will no doubt be shown to illustrate her moral corruption and used to humble and humiliate her as she still attempts to use sex to get ahead, even though she's a hideous old lady. (I can see her still making offers to the kettlbleblacks and others, who are appalled and disgusted, and readers can all laugh because Cersei cannot even recognize how old and fugly she's gotten. Hahaha!)

No, Cersei is surely not pregnant. And in the next book, we can count on being treated to graphic and disgusted descriptions of her aging face and figure, as well as Cersei being utterly oblivious to the loss of her looks.

Someone in the "is Cersei Stupid" thread mentioned that Cersei is actually quite smart and educated, and knows the history of Westeros, and sometimes she has to explain Westeros history to other people who don't know their history. The problem, the poster suggested, was she doesn't apply the lessons of history.

As I mentioned in that thread, when I first started lurking in these boards I saw a number of comments about stupid Jaime, he didn't even know who Ossifer Plumm was. So when I came across the name in a re-read (I skipped past it the first time in my rush to read AFFC), I looked it up. Ossifer Plumm was called the man with the longest cock in Westeros, six feet long. Other than the fact one could say no wonder Cersei knew who he was (ie probably a schoolgirl joke to be giggled over), he also seems to provide another piece of foreshadowing that Cersei is, in fact, pregnant.

Ossifer Plumm's Targaryen princess wife managed to have a baby declared to be Ossifer's, 10 months after his death. The joke was his six foot cock stuck up out of his coffin so she could avail herself of her husband even after death, get pregnant, have a baby, and keep the Plumm lands and wealth in Targaryen hands.

In AFFC, Cersei is demanding that Jaime spend the night in Margaery and Tommen's bedroom after the wedding. The conversation goes like this:

Cersei's fingers were digging into Jaime's arm hard enough to leave bruises. "I need eyes inside that room," she said.

"To see what?" he said. "There can be no danger of a consummation. Tommen is much too young."

"And Ossifer Plumm was much too dead, but that did not stop him fathering a child, did it?"

Her brother looked lost. "Who was Ossifer Plumm? Was he Lord Philip's father, or . . . who?"

He is near as ignorant as Robert. All his wits were in his sword hand. "Forget Plumm, just remember what I told you. Swear to me that you will stay by Tommen's side until the sun comes up."

"As you command," he said, as if her fears were groundless.

Does that foreshadow that Cersei, who knows the story well, will forget her history and get pregnant? And will the baby have black hair, like a Kettleblack, therefor confirming her story to the High Septon, or will he have blonde hair, therefor opening the door to the execution of both Cersei and Jaime?

And most intriguing, why did we never see the scene of Jaime spending the night with Margaery and Tommen? Is that fact going to be thrown in Margaery's face at her trial if Jaime in fact rejects Cersei on his return to King's Landing? Assuming he ever returns. Or for that matter, even if he never returns.

Edit sp

I am on the fence about whether Cersei is pregnant or not, but given all the hints and foreshadowing that gets dropped, I lean towards believing she is. Although there are the scenes wherebit is made quite clear that her tight-fitting gowns are too snug around the middle, no one (not Jaime, or Tyrion, or the Septas, or any of the people who like to poke fun at Cersei or insult her shortcomings to her face or behind her back) ever mention that she is putting on weight. It IS mentioned that she is drinking a lot, but if she were growing stout as a result of that, the weight gain would be more evenly distributed to her limbs and face - yet no one seems to notice or think she's gaining weight. If she is wearing tightly laced gowns, that could easily hide her condition in its early stages. Women in the Victorian era frequently laced up and went about their business for months into a pregnancy, until lacing up could no longer hide the obvious.

Additionally, regarding whether Cersei would "know" because she stopped having periods, or because she has been pregnant before - neither argument holds water in ruling out the possibility. I was literally over four months along with my second before it ever occurred to me to wonder if I was pregnant. I was busy with my first, who was still an infant; I honestly never thought about it because I was nursing and that theoretically prevents ovulation (ha), and I couldn't imagine my body supporting another healthy pregnancy within a few short months of a c-section. In short, I was in complete and total denial, and nearly fainted from shock when told that not only was I pregnant, I was close to halfway along. With that pregnancy, I never got very big (if I was wearing loose clothing, people did not realize I was pregnant, even at the very end) yet the baby was a robut eight pounds. I have no idea where he was hiding in there.

Conversely, with my third pregnancy six years later, I started to show at about six weeks, and looked like I was going to have an elephant by six months. People could not believe it when I said it was not twins or triplets. But the baby was again totally normal size, 7 lbs 15 oz. My fourth, nine years after THAT, was pretty average in terms of when I showed and how big I ended up, and again, 7 lbs 5 oz. So even in the same woman, there is no consistency or set rules as to when/how she is going to show, and it is perfectly possible that Cersei could be several months along with no one (including herself) suspecting.

Lastly, with regard to her noticing her periods had stopped - it is extremely common for women to continue to have both regular and irregular bleeding during pregnancy, often to the very end. There are a number of conditions that can cause this, including placenta previa (which I had with my third and which terrified me the entire time) or placental abruption. If Cersei has continued to have what she thinks are periods, whether regular or irregular, then pregnancy has likely not crossed her mind. Most women experience some irregularities over the course of their life. If the intended ending of this pregnancy is a miscarriage or stillbirth, that makes the likelihood of her having bleeding episodes (which she is mistaking for periods) all the higher.

There is simply no absolute anyone can point to and say "this definitely means she's not pregnant" or " this definitely means she is." We're just all going to have to wait and find out. In the meantime, for the people who do believe she is pregnant, there has certainly been implication enough to support such a theory, and nothing shown that would disprove it.

• 1 month later...

I'm under the impression that she is pregnant too. There have just been too many little hints for GRRM NOT to be hinting towards something. He's a master of foreshadowing and the chick in the egg is most definitely something to pay attention to.

I think Cersei has just been so wrapped up in trying to mess up Marg's life that she hasn't been paying attention to her own. It is very possible for women to not realize they are pregnant for several months... especially if they have never been regular in their cycles.

Also I don't believe anyone would dare mention it to her or really think anything of the weight gain, it's likely that it's not all that noticeable to others yet. People have no need to suspect pregnancy because she is not married and most don't realize she is having affairs on the side.

What really intrigues to me is what purpose this pregnancy is going to serve. She's already been outed as an adulteror so that can't be its purpose. I don't believe that the pregnancy will really cause Jaime to fly into a fit of rage. He'll be hurt, sure, but I honestly don't think he's going to be the one to kill her. Killing kin is even worse than killing a king and I believe that before the series is through Jaime will have redeemed himself... at least that's the way his arc is going. I think he'll die doing something honourable.

All I can think is that this baby will bring to light the true parentage of her children. The Kettleblacks all have thick black hair right? Perhaps this baby will be born with a mop of black on its head... which would bring question as to why Robert's children never had black hair, especially when it's so strong in the Baratheon line. (Keep in mind that this baby will likely be a still born due to the prophecy)

OR perhaps this baby will be her Valonquar, killing her in child birth.

Also regarding the prophecy, since it's been mentioned here already. I believe Cersei read it wrong when it told of her three children being crowned in gold and shrouded in gold. She believes that they will all die, but I think that Myrecella will be wearing a different kind of gold shroud... a wedding cloak. The Martell's main colour is gold.

Oh my, I don't think Cersei is pregnant. The woman evaded getting pregnant by her own husband for 15 years. Surely she knows her business.

I hear very good theory that Robert and Cersei didn't have vaginal sex. Fans proposed that Cersei use anal sex and fallacio to keep Robert happy when she couldn't get rid of him. She also said Robert visit her bedroom rarelier as years passed and I think he didn't come often in first years of marriage. From often (not regulary) to twice and once on year and rarelier than that.

Plus, when she get pregnant by Robert (once, before Tommen) she couldn't get rid of the child without Jaime. Of course, she couldn't because she was the queen consort, but in Feast she was in same situation (same situation was that she is too importan person as she was before and has rivals as before).

Archived