Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 Thread

Werthead

[quote name='Crow's Eye' post='1320819' date='Apr 19 2008, 14.46']As for not going directly to Adama....why on earth would be believe her? As noted, the Doc has her on drugs, which she has reported problems with. Does anyone think Adama would really believe that the XO, chief of the deck, and personal assistant to the president are all Cylons? Particularly when Chief and Tigh were two of the primary forces behind the New Caprica resistance? Tigh killed his own wife for collaborating with the Cylons - would Adama really believe a drugged up knuckle-dragger over Tigh? Not going to happen. I think she knew that.[/quote]

What the frak does it matter if Cally thinks Adama is going to believe her or not??? She doesn't care. She's killing herself either way.
[i]
"Adama - this is Cally Tyrol. I thought I'd caught Galen with his mistress Tory, but it turned out that they were there with Colonel Tigh in weapons locker 1801D at 1330 hours. I eavesdropped and Tigh revealed that all three of them are Cylons. I can't live with a Cylon husband or my half-droid baby and will be shooting both of us before you can stop me. You should go back and check the security logs and see how much they've met before in the past few days and weeks. Good bye and may the Lords of Kobol protect us all!" [/i]*click* Then she whooshes the airlock, while security scrambles to keep her from shooting herself.

And even if Adama doesn't believe a word of it, he'd do the basic checking and the sooper sekrit conspiracy would be done. If not right away, someday.

And more importantly, at a later date, when one of them is actually discovered to be a Cylon, the other two would suddenly be a lot more suspicious. And if a second could be proved, the third would most assuredly be at least confined.

But the writers couldn't do that because it would frak up their grand conspiracy so they had Cally, who'd plotted Sharon's shooting so carefully, suddenly develop a case of the stupids. Not buying it.

[quote name='Bronn Stone' post='1320875' date='Apr 19 2008, 18.02']But the writers couldn't do that because it would frak up their grand conspiracy so they had Cally, who'd plotted Sharon's shooting so carefully, suddenly develop a case of the stupids. Not buying it.[/quote]

She carefully plotted Sharon's death? All she did was walk up and shoot her.

We also have to take into consideration that Cally is very distraught (over the news), is heavily medicated, and has not been sleeping. Her mental breakdown in the Airlock showed pretty clearly that she was not thinking straight. Thats my interpretation, anyway.

Besides, Adama would see through her lies. There was no one meeting in Weapons Locker 1801D :P

[quote name='Mandy' post='1320884' date='Apr 19 2008, 18.18']Actually, I think that spoiler might be partially right :P

And... frakking? Gah. That was BAAAAAD writing. Cringeworthy.[/quote]

If that spoiler's right:

SPOILER: BSG!11
I want any royalties they make on T-shirts that have a half Centurion/half-Cally image for the duality effect

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1320883' date='Apr 19 2008, 17.17']We also have to take into consideration that Cally is very distraught (over the news), is heavily medicated, and has not been sleeping. Her mental breakdown in the Airlock showed pretty clearly that she was not thinking straight. Thats my interpretation, anyway.[/quote]
And she and Tyrol have been having marital problems for a while now, so it's not like her depression/sleeping problems came completely out of nowhere. I didn't have any problems with her breakdown.

RDM has turned in the podcasts for the first 3 eps to the SFC, so they should be up soon. Interesting to hear some of the reasons for these decisions and I'm hoping the, "Why didn't Cally warn anyone?" question comes up.

I don't know, but If I was personally violated, humiliated and used by an alien foe that wanted to wipe out humanity I wouldn't really be super keen on sharing that with the world. Espicially when I have demonstrated a sense of unstableness and I am taking a medication in large doses that is known to make people more paranoid. I think it would be out of character for her to go to someone. I mean that was part of the problem, her life was just Tyrol and the baby. She had no other connections and essential parts of her identity was stripped away from her. She is no longer a knuckle dragger on the deck, but a mother. A role that she is struggling with; a role that is a burden. Now she is not only in a role she has issues with, the defining parts of that role are tainted by Cylons. Her life, as seen by her, became a total failure.

Her actions made sense to me at that point, saw nothing wrong or Hollywood about it. (Well the only thing that was a little Hollywood was Tory able to talk her out of her actions. I have spoken with people on the brink of suicide, never that easy.)

Oh and thanks upthread for answering the weapon locker question. I think I just skill leveled my Geekienes off that one.

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1320915' date='Apr 19 2008, 16.05']Oh and thanks upthread for answering the weapon locker question. I think I just skill leveled my Geekienes off that one.[/quote]
Dude, you failed your saving throw by [i]not[/i] knowing that right off the bat. Time to roll up new stats and start over at Level 1. :P

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1320919' date='Apr 19 2008, 18.10']Dude, you failed your saving throw by [i]not[/i] knowing that right off the bat. Time to roll up new stats and start over at Level 1. :P[/quote]

No credit for being curious enough to EVEN ask? I mean that is just a level of geekieness in of itself. (Like a divine intervention or a fortitude roll or something?)

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1320924' date='Apr 19 2008, 19.15']No credit for being curious enough to EVEN ask? I mean that is just a level of geekieness in of itself. (Like a divine intervention or a fortitude roll or something?)[/quote]

Can't increase the curiosity skill unless it's higher than quirk level.

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1320924' date='Apr 19 2008, 16.15']No credit for being curious enough to EVEN ask? I mean that is just a level of geekieness in of itself. (Like a divine intervention or a fortitude roll or something?)[/quote]
Sorry. Curiosity is a fairly universal human trait. Geekiness is not.

[quote name='Mandy' post='1320937' date='Apr 19 2008, 19.31']I'm, once again, happily in the "didn't know the uber-geeky random factoid" camp :P[/quote]

You wouldn't be happy if you had passed your perception roll about knowing that you should know that factoid.

I haven't see all of the episodes: did it ever show the gang (was it Anders and Helo?) playing blitzball or whatever?

[quote name='Anatole Kuragin' post='1320944' date='Apr 19 2008, 19.40']You wouldn't be happy if you had passed your perception roll about knowing that you should know that factoid.

I haven't see all of the episodes: did it ever show the gang (was it Anders and Helo?) playing blitzball or whatever?[/quote]

Not a full game, no.

Kara played against Anders on Caprica. There were a few scenes on New Caprica of people playing Pyramid.

The 1701 reference was also in [b]Heroes[/b] last year, when Sulu turned up. I still think the Orion thing is much more geeky though (someone said you can also see Taurus in that show but after looking at it again I don't think so).

[quote name='Werthead' post='1320961' date='Apr 19 2008, 19.59']The 1701 reference was also in [b]Heroes[/b] last year, when Sulu turned up. I still think the Orion thing is much more geeky though (someone said you can also see Taurus in that show but after looking at it again I don't think so).[/quote]

But did you see the breakdancing bear?

[url="http://imageshack.us"][img=http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5454/bsgbearyv4.jpg][/url]

I don't know, Bronn...I think Cally's actions were pretty consistent with her past behavior. She's demonstrated that she tends to act before she thinks, as demonstrated by the way she shot Boomer in front of half the crew. She didn't care that everyone would know, nor did she seem to worry overmuch about Adama's response. She reacted. Remember when Boomer visited her in detention on New Caprica? Cally calls her a "stupid, frakked-up toaster" and asks "How many times do I have to shoot you?" even though she's not in a good position to be ticking off a Cylon. Not exactly a woman who considers the consequences of words and deeds.

Given that she's just discovered that her life with Galen is and has always been a lie, and that she's been complicit in creating a half-human, half-Cylon critter, I think her irrationality is to be expected. I don't imagine my first thought would be, "I have to tell the admiral!" I suspect it would be along the lines of, "Holy shit...I've been boinking a stupid frakked-up toaster and spawned his traitorous freak."

[quote name='Werthead' post='1320367' date='Apr 19 2008, 10.24']Darkest episode ever. Seriously.

There was some really unusual, crazy direction going on in this ep as well. It worked really well, but I seriously recommend against watching this ep if you are feeling depressed. Shit.

* goes to find some happy stuff *[/quote]
Hahaha. I considered popping an extra dose of Prozac after watching that ep. I always relate to the women with emotional issues, depression, and thoughts of suicide a [i]little[/i] too much. Poor, poor Cally. :( I really understood her actions and was quite horrified at Tory murdering her. I'm kinda looking forward to Galen finding out about that... Wonder what'll happen.

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1320915' date='Apr 20 2008, 00.05']I don't know, but If I was personally violated, humiliated and used by an alien foe that wanted to wipe out humanity I wouldn't really be super keen on sharing that with the world. Espicially when I have demonstrated a sense of unstableness and I am taking a medication in large doses that is known to make people more paranoid. I think it would be out of character for her to go to someone. I mean that was part of the problem, her life was just Tyrol and the baby. She had no other connections and essential parts of her identity was stripped away from her. She is no longer a knuckle dragger on the deck, but a mother. A role that she is struggling with; a role that is a burden. Now she is not only in a role she has issues with, the defining parts of that role are tainted by Cylons. Her life, as seen by her, became a total failure.

Her actions made sense to me at that point, saw nothing wrong or Hollywood about it. (Well the only thing that was a little Hollywood was Tory able to talk her out of her actions. I have spoken with people on the brink of suicide, never that easy.)[/quote]This is basically how I saw things.

Definitely disagree with you, Bronn. Except for the crying kid; that [i]did[/i] get a little annoying.

I'm very interested in the Cylon civil war as well. I thought it was a really good ep, although I'm getting tired of Starbuck, and I used to adore her.

[quote name='Zadok' post='1320586' date='Apr 19 2008, 17.07']Seeing that moon-faced idiot Cally go out the airlock was the best BSG moment in quite awhile. If only Roslin had been in there too. Tory is now officially awesome. I've even started to actually like Apollo's character if for no other reason then he opposes the holier then thou assholes that tend to dominate the show.[/quote]
Ok, now I [i]really[/i] don't like you.

[quote name='potsherds' post='1321242' date='Apr 20 2008, 01.22']Hahaha. I considered popping an extra dose of Prozac after watching that ep. I always relate to the women with emotional issues, depression, and thoughts of suicide a [i]little[/i] too much. Poor, poor Cally. :( I really understood her actions and was quite horrified at Tory murdering her. I'm kinda looking forward to Galen finding out about that... Wonder what'll happen.[/quote]

Well, that Last Supper picture has Tyrol holding a knife. If he ever finds out what Tory did, I can easily see him gutting her like a fish.

Also, wtf is your peoples problems with Cally? Her and Tory both acted perfectly in character.

Archived