Yet another frakkin' BSG thread

Wouter

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1363665' date='May 21 2008, 07.08']potsherds, Shryke,

I'm just sick and tired of the stereotypes thrown out that people seem to think are acceptable because they fall in line with their own prejudices.[/quote]

werd. dont take their petty shit scot.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1363876' date='May 21 2008, 09.33']Petty? Coming from you? :lol:[/quote]

wow, you sure told me.

Stick to your fanboi masturbation please. This doesnt strike me like a proper thread to insult people over religious belief.

[quote name='Relic' post='1363899' date='May 21 2008, 10.50']wow, you sure told me.

Stick to your fanboi masturbation please. This doesnt strike me like a proper thread to insult people over religious belief.[/quote]

Yeah, cause I was doing that. Oh wait, no, I told pots to cut it out in this thread.

I guess you can enjoy being wrong while you continue you anti-fanboi masturbation.

Here, I'll get you going: "OMG, this show was so much better in Season 1!!!!!"

[quote name='Shryke' post='1363907' date='May 21 2008, 10.55']I guess you can enjoy being wrong while you continue you anti-fanboi masturbation.[/quote]

Yes, i cherish being wrong. Im so good at it. ::splooges on your chin

Either way, you know who i was talking to.

Guest Raidne
I actually prefer fat Lee to politician Lee. BSG should take a page from Lost on how to work a good love triangle.

I'm thinking we're gonna see some development on that end now. With Roslin not here right now, I think Lee is gonna step up into a position of leadership within the fleet.

I also expect this whole "Ressurection Hub" thing to go on for like 3 more episodes. I think it'll be the big focus of the mid-season cliffhanger.

BTW, what's the plan for airing this last season again? We're off this friday right? And then what?

[quote name='Shryke' post='1363980' date='May 21 2008, 10.31']I'm thinking we're gonna see some development on that end now. With Roslin not here right now, I think Lee is gonna step up into a position of leadership within the fleet.[/quote]

I thought in the previews there was a scene with Lee being sworn in as something. President? Vice PResident to President Zarek? A temporary replacement for Roslin while she's out-of-pocket with Cylons & cancer?

[quote]BTW, that's the plan for airing this last season again? We're off this friday right? And then what?[/quote]

good question.

I'm just thinking (with a bit of schadenfreude) how furious Adama will be when Roslin finally loses to the cancer and Tom Zarek gets to serve out her term, which is really just serving out his. I don't know if the season will end before that happens, but if not I'll break out the popcorn to savor that confrontation.

Speaking of which, isn't it sleazy the way Roslin took office after New Caprica? This president who's never won a single election got into office the first time because more than three dozen people died, and the second because of a shady back-room deal. Wow.

[quote]Speaking of which, isn't it sleazy the way Roslin took office after New Caprica? This president who's never won a single election got into office the first time because more than three dozen people died, and the second because of a shady back-room deal. Wow.[/quote]
Makes for an interesting conundrum that they could have plumbed further.

Would you rather have the sleazy guy from the prison ship, duly elected, or the good guy (gal in this case) who got the job in an underhanded fashion.

[quote name='Eminence Grizz' post='1364480' date='May 21 2008, 14.51']Makes for an interesting conundrum that they could have plumbed further.

Would you rather have the sleazy guy from the prison ship, duly elected, or the good guy (gal in this case) who got the job in an underhanded fashion.[/quote]

Well, Zarek almost had Gaeta shoved out an airlock. So I think we had a good idea how HIS Presidency would go.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1364503' date='May 21 2008, 14.59']Well, Zarek almost had Gaeta shoved out an airlock. So I think we had a good idea how HIS Presidency would go.[/quote]

Much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure Zarek was wrong, at least in his greater purpose. The legality of the Circle was...well, questionable, although admittedly we don't know the ins and outs of Colonial law. However, open, public trials for the dozens and dozens of collaborators were just out of the question, and [i]something [/i]had to be done.

I'm quite impressed with Tom Zarek, who is arguably one of the few humans to benefit from the destruction of the Colonies, largely due to his own skillful maneuvering. He started the series as a convicted felon, then became a member of the Quorum of Twelve, then assumed leadership of the black market (thanks to his successful manipulation of Lee Adama), survived the Cylon occupation with his limbs and honor intact, served as vice-president under two administrations, opposes Roslin without appearing to do so, and is in line to become president as soon as "the dying leader" succumbs to her cancer. All this time he manages to avoid any definite, provable link with any of the shady elements with whom he associates. That's politicking worthy of Littlefinger himself.

Guest Raidne
[quote name='Shryke' post='1364105' date='May 21 2008, 11.31']Spoiler that shit please. Many of us avoid the previews for a reason.[/quote]

Really? Scenes from the next Battlestar Galactica - the stuff they run at the end of the episode - should be spoilered?

[quote name='Raidne' post='1364638' date='May 21 2008, 15.54']Really? Scenes from the next Battlestar Galactica - the stuff they run at the end of the episode - should be spoilered?[/quote]

They don't always show them up here in Canada.

Archived