Yet another frakkin' BSG thread

Wouter

I think I should sue RDM. My brain has suffered severe tarauma from being subjected to the most incoherent, illogical and stupidest hour of television in the last several years. We've gone from possibly the best two episodes of [b]BSG[/b] since [i]Exodus Part 2[/i] to one of the stupidest episodes in the show's history.

Spoilerised for the benefit of the Americans who are being spared this until Friday:

SPOILER: BSG 408
Six is pregnant by Tigh? :stunned:
Lee is now President? :unsure:
Romo's been carrying his dead cat around with him for weeks? :ack: (so whose cat was in his quarters for the rest of the ep?)
Tigh is now in command of the fleet? Because Adama wants to hang around at the rendezvous point in a Raptor by himself for Roslin to turn up? Why? Where the fuck else does [i]Galactica[/i] and the fleet have to go? Aren't they just waiting for Roslin and the rebel basestar to get back to tell them the way to Earth? How does this make any sense? :o

I love that only smilies show up in the spoiler section. It's like watching someone's face as they react to a movie without actually knowing what the movie is.

There was some stupidity. Some of it was expected but I hoped until the last moment it might be avoided. Sadly it wasn't.

Wert:

SPOILER: BSG
I thought Romo was imagining the cat? I think Lee even asks about its whereabouts at some point and Romo changes the subject.
I agree with pretty much all the rest, though Adama's line after his fight with Tigh was funny: "Do you know how many times I've had to fix this thing?" IIRC when the ship got trashed the first time, that was not in the script as the model is rather expensive and was only rented.

Pretty sure John AS is correct about
the cat. Romo was imagining the cat, and Lee asked where it was. Poor man. I'd go pretty damned loopy if someone killed one of my cats. And if I knew who it was, I'd likely try to kill the fucker.

I agree with Wert though. The ep was pretty lousy, didn't make much sense, and
the Six being pregnant is absolutely :sick: .

[quote name='Jean AS' post='1373352' date='May 28 2008, 16.51']There was some stupidity. Some of it was expected but I hoped until the last moment it might be avoided. Sadly it wasn't.

Wert:

I thought Romo was imagining the cat? I think Lee even asks about its whereabouts at some point and Romo changes the subject.
I agree with pretty much all the rest, though Adama's line after his fight with Tigh was funny: "Do you know how many times I've had to fix this thing?" IIRC when the ship got trashed the first time, that was not in the script as the model is rather expensive and was only rented.
[/quote]

I hadn't even thought of that. You mean that we now have:

Head-Cat to worry about as well as Head-Six, Head-Baltar and Head-Leboen?

Hang on, only Cylons appear as the head-people. Does this mean that:

THE CAT WAS THE FINAL CYLON? :stunned:

I have to say, this whole smileys in the spoiler text thing is unprecedented in its nefariousness. Already, the spoiler text sits there, a black block of nothingness that practically begs you to highlight it and reveal its dark secrets. You are tempted, of course, but you must resist. Now we can see the smileys and we must wonder... what is the narrative that links them together? How do we get the "stupidest hour of television in the last several years" - a frightening prospect, given some of the low points of the third season?

Curse you blokes across the pond.

No hard feelings, though.

Guest Raidne

Okay, most of that was predicted, but someone's gotta explain this cat thing to me because I just...do...not...follow.

Unless Wert's right of course. That's about the reveal I would expect at this point.

On the final five, there really isn't [i]anyone[/i] I'd be excited to see as the 5th at this point. I agree that Dualla would be pretty lame now.

The two options I'd be OK with now is if it's, like, Admiral Cain or her second-in-command from the Pegasus. Only that's not possible because the hybrid already said all five are on Galactica, right?

As I see it, somebody killed Romo's cat after the trial. That made him break down and he effectively locked himself in his room until Lee came to get his help. Being kinda lonely, he needed someone to talk to and as the cat symbolised so much for him, that was what he came up with.

I vote we start a new contest: make the post with the best (meaning either intriguing or funny) smily useage while still being logical in connection with the text, and still is about this episode/bsg series. (spoilered of course)

[quote name='Raidne' post='1373497' date='May 28 2008, 11.55']The two options I'd be OK with now is if it's, like, Admiral Cain or her second-in-command from the Pegasus. Only that's not possible because the hybrid already said all five are on Galactica, right?[/quote]

I don't recall that; in fact, as far as I know, the only reason the Cylons believe the five are in the Colonial fleet is the behavior of the Raiders in the battle at the Ionian Nebula.

What I think is hysterical is the way everyone blithely assumes that the Five know the way to Earth. Certainly Tory, Tigh, Sam and Tyrol don't know it; in fact, they know next to nothing except that their lives are crap. Tory's screwing a traitorous scumbag, Tigh's screwing Baltar's leavings, Anders is screwing a madwoman, and Galen Tyrol is just screwed.

Guest Raidne
[quote name='TrackerNeil' post='1373979' date='May 28 2008, 15.45']I don't recall that; in fact, as far as I know, the only reason the Cylons believe the five are in the Colonial fleet is the behavior of the Raiders in the battle at the Ionian Nebula.[/quote]

Oh good, you're right. It just said that the three will give you the five.

The rebel Cylons believe the final five are in the fleet because of 2 reasons:
-the raiders turning back the attack (but actually only one of the FF was encountered by them!)

-the incoherent rambling from the hybrid ("they will not harm their own") in "Six of one", in the scene overlaid with Boomer dancing for Cavil. It may have said some more of course, but probably all very cryptic and non-specific

Natalie and co combined those 2 to come to their conclusion, but there is no guarantee it is correct (we are not certain the 5th is in the fleet right now, allthough it seems likely).

As for the episode, didn't like it much but we knew it had to happen;
that Lee would be president was quite clear from almost when the first promos of the season came out. They seem to be giving some clues that Romo is the final Cylon (what with him "longing for redemption" in some way, see the Razor prophecy, projecting/hallucinating), allthough I hope he's not as he's only in the show since late S3 and has made only a couple of appearances. Maybe a red herring (half the cast has been projecting/hallucinating by now).

I'm intrigued by the Cylon wreckage though; I think next episode will be much more interesting, as we learn what happened there. It looks like the hub has been destroyed, allright. I suppose there's a small chance that Natalie has downloaded before it was destroyed (and then she would be in Cavil's hands), but it seems more likely she's gone for good - a bit strange after the character was only just established.

I suppose Adama sr keeps acting in character (risking the fleet over his personal friends/family and forgiving everything in those he likes), but the results of this are getting somewhat ridiculous now.

[quote]I think I should sue RDM. My brain has suffered severe tarauma from being subjected to the most incoherent, illogical and stupidest hour of television in the last several years. We've gone from possibly the best two episodes of BSG since Exodus Part 2 to one of the stupidest episodes in the show's history.[/quote]

Heh...and here I was looking forward to Friday.

[quote name='Wouter']

I suppose Adama sr keeps acting in character (risking the fleet over his personal friends/family and forgiving everything in those he likes), but the results of this are getting somewhat ridiculous now.
[/quote]

Except for Athena, who gets thrown in the brig for shooting someone! How could she have known that Adama would pick that moment to change his habits, at least a little? Poor woman.;)

Archived