The NFL Thread

Week

Oh, sweet Jesus, I want to puke. On the back of the Lynch probation thing, too.

Upside... 1 year, 6.5 million... so it's not a terrible price, and he has incentive to be a good teammate and prove his worth for a better contract the following year.

Downside... it's TO. Also, the money is guaranteed, and it's TO. Hopefully he doesn't wreck Trent's confidence. But I really am going to have some trouble rooting for my team this year. Jesus.

[quote name='DVD ROTS' post='1711951' date='Mar 7 2009, 18.15']Oh, sweet Jesus, I want to puke. On the back of the Lynch probation thing, too.

Upside... 1 year, 6.5 million... so it's not a terrible price, and he has incentive to be a good teammate and prove his worth for a better contract the following year.

Downside... it's TO. Also, the money is guaranteed, and it's TO. Hopefully he doesn't wreck Trent's confidence. But I really am going to have some trouble rooting for my team this year. Jesus.[/quote]

I feel your pain Bluray.

But consider that everywhere TO has played, the first year has been a honeymoon. It's only in later years where he dscovers his QB may be gay, or throws up in Superbowls or likes the TE more than him do things tend to go south.

I will say, it'll look fucking weird to see TO in a Bills uniform.

ETA: It's funny, I'm watching the Bills-Oilers "greatest comeback ever game" on NFL Network as the news broke.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1711959' date='Mar 7 2009, 15.24']I feel your pain Bluray.

But consider that everywhere TO has played, the first year has been a honeymoon. It's only in later years where he dscovers his QB may be gay, or throws up in Superbowls or likes the TE more than him do things tend to go south.

I will say, it'll look fucking weird to see TO in a Bills uniform.[/quote]

Yeah, that's true. And y'know, he could be a useful piece in a really good offense for us. But I have so much antipathy built up for the guy, and I already have enough difficulty supporting Lynch between the Cal thing ( :P ) and his being a general off-the-field dumbass... ugh. Wish we hadn't gone this route. But, hopefully we'll make the best of it.

yeah I think they feel in Buffalo they really don't have much to lose. The division looks stacked. Lee Evans should now draw only single coverage. He's the man you love to hate, but like a car accident you HAVE to watch. He may sell tickets. Also, this has got to be Dick Jauron's swan song unless they make the playoffs.

heh, I've lived as a Cowboys fan HATING the drama but being amazed at the plays he makes. :bow:

But I'm glad there's no mores "Has TO gotten his catches yet??" watch EVERY game.

Was away for most of the weekend. Welcome to the AFC east T.O. Smart business move I suppose. How many games in Toronto this year? Every AFC east game will be even bigger now.

Think about it. Playing against Parcells in Maimi. Playing in NY against the Jets and a now fearsome D. And T.O. Vs Moss (and a not so fearsome D). It will be interesting. The big question of course is the Buffalo offense. Anyone who watches that team knows their D can bring it. But the offense system and coaching seemed to be lacking. Will it make that next step? This is why we love the NFL.

[quote name='DVD ROTS' post='1711951' date='Mar 7 2009, 15.15']Oh, sweet Jesus, I want to puke. On the back of the Lynch probation thing, too.

Upside... 1 year, 6.5 million... so it's not a terrible price, and he has incentive to be a good teammate and prove his worth for a better contract the following year.[/quote]

I believe I heard this same line of thinking from my friends who are eagles fans a few years ago......

I really hate this period. Everything slows down and you feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I am not a college basketball fan. Sigh. Well at least we have some things to entertain us.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzbMP7pLRkA"]Belichick, Weiss and Bon Jovi - Wanted . . . Dead or Alive[/url]

[quote name='Triskele' post='1719150' date='Mar 13 2009, 21.26']I cannot imagine not liking college hoops. The year would be long indeed. I really do like baseball but the summer lags big time for me when there's nothing but baseball. I love the highlights and the stats but I don't really enjoy watching games until the post-season comes around. And by then football is back.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm right there with you. Baseball's just so slow and it takes so long and there are [i]so many games[/i]...it's hard to get up for that before the postseason.

As happy as I am that March Madness is here, I find myself in a slight state of panic. What will I do when there are no longer two to four games of college basketball on a night? Read?

[quote name='Space Bandito' post='1719144' date='Mar 13 2009, 20.19']I really hate this period. Everything slows down and you feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I am not a college basketball fan. Sigh. Well at least we have some things to entertain us.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzbMP7pLRkA"]Belichick, Weiss and Bon Jovi - Wanted . . . Dead or Alive[/url][/quote]

I'll go ya a step further in that I'm not even a sports fan. I'm a fan of the NFL. All other sports are boring crap. Boxing's okay, but I don't follow it enough to consider myself knowledgable about it. So the NFL offseason is brutal. I even miss NFL Europe.

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-stallworth-pedestriankilled&prov=ap&type=lgns"]Stallworth reportedly drunk when he killed the pedestrian......[/url]

if this turns out to be true, they should bunk him in with Vick.

[quote name='Space Bandito' post='1726341' date='Mar 19 2009, 19.04']I think Vick is getting out soon due to good behavior and over crowding. Can't wait for that drama.[/quote]

Ya, he is, and this was just speculation, but I read that amongst other teams, the Vikes might be interested.

Vick+A.P. = Unstoppable if you ask me :thumbsup:

[quote name='King of the Wolf Pack' post='1726456' date='Mar 19 2009, 19.33']Ya, he is, and this was just speculation, but I read that amongst other teams, the Vikes might be interested.

Vick+A.P. = Unstoppable if you ask me :thumbsup:[/quote]

If Vick is reinstated into the NFL I wonder if he'll have the scrambling ability he once had. I'm thinking working out in jail for however long he's been in does not equal the conditioning he would have had were he not a worthless piece of crap.

I think the problem is that a lot of coaches want his talent, but Owners don't want the headaches of protests, media etc.

The New Football league surprised me that they signed those coaches (Denny Greene, Fassell etc). I still don't see it working, but I am not against the idea of it.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1726457' date='Mar 19 2009, 20.35']I thought Vick was rumored to be going to that new Football league?[/quote]

I dunno, like I said it was on the internet, so not at all a valid source. But I, being a Vikings fan, love the idea... aside from the whole morals issue involved. :)

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1726457' date='Mar 19 2009, 19.35']I thought Vick was rumored to be going to that new Football league?[/quote]

I doubt that stays solvent long enough to be relevant, really. Though the four coaches they got suggest that they have some money behind them? But seriously, sports in general are gonna lose money the next year or three, I don't see how starting a new freaking league is a good idea.

Archived