The NFL Thread

Trystane

What's the over/under for Andre Smith getting pulled over at 3AM for reckless driving, unregistered weapon, and drug possession?

Was he a shady character guy to begin with or is that just a generic Cincinnati joke?

Speaking of shady, that trade between the Browns and Jets. Trading back, one extra pick and three players? That seems like a pretty low price.

while the sanchez trade on first glance looks heavy towards the Browns, I'm not all that sure the Jets gave up that much. a 1 and a 2 for a top 5 pick isn't a lot. And the players they gave up? meh. Both Elam and Coleman played for Dallas before the Jets and they were average at best. Elam has improved, tho. Coleman does play a 3-4 DE, which judging how this draft has played out appears to be high currency.

on that note, I'm surprised KC took one that high. This reminds me of when Parcells was so high on another LSU DE, Marcus Spears, that he was willing to pass on DeMarcus Ware at the 11th pick (as well as Shawne Merriman) to get him. Jerry overruled him. Spears was still there when they picked again at 20. They ended up picking a better DE in the 4th round in Chris Canty. Spears is decent against the run but has provided NO pass rush.

Raiders. passed on Crabtree. heh. Just speed, baby.

Was he a shady character guy to begin with or is that just a generic Cincinnati joke?

Speaking of shady, that trade between the Browns and Jets. Trading back, one extra pick and three players? That seems like a pretty low price.

He's the immature kid who showed up to the Combine out of shape and then left right in the midst of things.

Immaturity + the Bengals + millions of dollars= 3AM shit.

I think the 49ers just hit the lottery.

i agree.

I also like the Packers pick. 3-4 DT is VERY hard to find. Plus Green Bay right now really doesn't have the horses up front to run a 3-4. They got one now.

I've been getting a few calls from some of my friends/relatives who are Browns fans and they believe that Beenie Wells will be their 17th pick. I hope this is the case because I believe Wells could put up ROY numbers for Cleveland.

MdDaniels is realy dumb. So Denver has absolutely no defense, no pass rush in their new 3-4 scheme and he takes Moreno, after he signed 3 running backs in offseason? They now have 7 Rbs or so. I thought Orakpo or Maualuga would be much better choices. All AFC West teams draft pretty stupidly IMO.

Yeah, with Jackson already there, they need posession/YAC reciever more. They should have traded that pick for Boldin, who is already proven. They have enough cap space to give him nice contract.

well, that's the problem. The Eagles generally don't pay big contracts. They usually draft replacements.

I'm actually extremely happy with the Bengals pick. I don't mind immature players. They'll be fine in a NFL regiment. There were plenty of teams that didn't really care about Andre Smith's combine episode. He was considered the best O-Lineman in the draft for awhile then he had that combine shit and dropped. Then he rose back up the charts again. At the end of the day, he's an absolute beast of a run blocker and that's exactly what the Bengals needed. He's not a guy to get in trouble with the law. He'll be fine with them.

well, that's the problem. The Eagles generally don't pay big contracts. They usually draft replacements.

They had no problem to give big money to Peters who whined his way out of Buffalo. Why not give 7-8 mil./yr to Boldin? Rookie recievers rarely produce in first 2 years anyway and McNabb won't be there forever.

Yeah, with Jackson already there, they need posession/YAC reciever more. They should have traded that pick for Boldin, who is already proven. They have enough cap space to give him nice contract.

Whether you go Boldin or not, they will find it very hard to make both Maclin and Jackson on the field at the same time. And the Eagles have too many holes to be spending a major pick on a special teamer.

Archived