MMA IV 2009 - Fall into New Years.

Horus Ex Machina

I was there too and have to say that it was an awesome card. The only boring fight was the Randy fight but I got to see 'The Natural' fight so I don't give a shit.

Wasn't impressed with Andre Winner for hitting an obviously unconsious Delgado TWICE on the floor and then not even checking to see if he was ok. Winner has gone on to my hope he gets the same done to him list with Dan Henderson.

Really impressed with Bisping and Hardy but I really can't see Hardy troubling GSP. A punchers chance is all he has and he does have a club of a right hand.

Great performances for Etim and my boy Hathaway too. Hathaway threw Taylor around like a rag doll and basically beat the shit out of him for 15 minutes. Hataway is from my gym but after two rounds I was hoping that he'd start to tire, so that Taylor could go more than 5 seconds without recieving a huge crack to the face or ribs. Having said that, I was very proud of Hathaways performance.

My favourite result of the night was Nick Osipczak's victory over Matt Riddle. This is simply because I fucking hate Matt Riddle.

One thing of interest came at the Q&A with GSP on the Friday. Georges stated that he thought BJ Penn had reached a plateau and would not improve as a fighter until he stopped blaming his opponents for his defeats and took a closer look at himself. GSP has moved up in my opinion. :)

...and we all know what happened then.

But truthfully Serra is a very good fighter who would be a monster if he was able to cut to lightweight.

You really think so? He was just decent as a lightweight early in his career before he moved up, so I'm not sure he'd be much better right now, in his 30s and with massive back issues.

As for Hardy, he deserves it. GSP's literally cleaned out his division and the only promising contenders have already either been beaten by him or have recent losses that discount them (Kos, Swick).

I didn't realize UFC 106 was this weekend. And again, not a very good card from the looks of it. Man, the UFC is really hitting a troubling streak of injured stars, missed opportunities (Fedor), and lackluster cards. Don't know what the numbers will be for 106, but I can't imagine it'll be very good.

Hardy deserves the shot for beating Swick, but yeah. he's not going to pose much of a threat to GSP. I wish I could have seen the Etim fight, just to hear his post-fight interview. I swear that guy speaks in tongues.

Agreed, I didn't understand a word either.

Yeah, I really hope he's alright. Intestinal surgery is no joke. He will lose a significant amount of weight. He may never look like the same guy.

I hope those folks giving him shit about his illness eat their fucking words now, btw.

Yeah, I really hope he's alright. Intestinal surgery is no joke. He will lose a significant amount of weight. He may never look like the same guy.

I hope those folks giving him shit about his illness eat their fucking words now, btw.

Really? Why? Dropping out of a fight 3 months away because you caught the flu is pretty sketchy. Dropping out because you were hospitalized and needed intestinal surgery isn't. I even said that at the very beginning. If he's hospitalized that changes everything.

So no, I won't eat my fucking words. And maybe he wouldn't have this lower intestinal infection if you would have washed your fucking cock before you fucking fucked him, fucker. :P

"I was surprised that they gave Hardy a title shot. He is probably the most undeserving guy to get a title shot since Matt Serra ... tongue.gif"

Oh no you don't. Don't start jinxing my boy with the undeserving contender talk. Next thing I know, Hardy will be something stupid like an 11 to 1 underdog and everyone will be talking about his next fight before this one is done, presuming Hardy will be walked through. Suddenly, my namesake'll take one behind the ear and start doing the funky chicken knees and I'll be devastated. Don't even go there!

I hope Lesnar's ok. I want to see him get a legit beat down by Carwin or someone before he gets to leave the sport with everyone theorizing about how long he'd have dominated the top of the HW mountain. This can't happen!

Really? Why? Dropping out of a fight 3 months away because you caught the flu is pretty sketchy. Dropping out because you were hospitalized and needed intestinal surgery isn't. I even said that at the very beginning. If he's hospitalized that changes everything.

So no, I won't eat my fucking words. And maybe he wouldn't have this lower intestinal infection if you would have washed your fucking cock before you fucking fucked him, fucker. :P

Hahaha. I remember when Stego said (right before ufc 100) how he hated Lesnar so much, hes a huge dickhead, hed give anything to see Mir win, etc etc...I guess Lesnar's postfight celebration really showed him how much of a real man Brock is or w/e cuz hes been on his dick 24/7 since.

The UFC's going to be putting on some weak cards these next couple of months. Almost glad they decided to skip Columbus this year. Rampage gone, Hendo gone, Lesnar out, Nog out, Chuck done. Their headliners are dropping like flies. Even the New Years cards is looking awful.

* Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

* Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga*

* Carlos Condit vs. Paul Daley*

* Tyson Griffin vs. Jim Miller*

* Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham*

* Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout*

* Rafaello Oliveira vs. Sean Sherk*

* Dan Lauzon vs. Cole Miller*

* Ryan Jensen vs. Mark Munoz*

* Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Pyle*

Archived