Survivor Samoa

Tears of Lys

I love Russell.

I especially love how people who are voted out say that "I trust Russell" ect, hahaha - that cracks me up.

Haven't rooted for someone this hard since old boy Terry.

I'd also like to throw a shoutout to Probst, nobody does play-by-plays as good as him.

What I don't get about Russell, is why he told three different people that they were the only ones he was showing the idol too. You tell three people and word will get out and then they will know you were lying about it. Seems better to say "I'm only showing it to people I feel I can trust" or some shit. Really, I don't see how Russels game is sustainable for very long. The best he can hope for is to turn into the guy that everyone wants to take to final 2, because they can beat him.

What I don't get about Russell, is why he told three different people that they were the only ones he was showing the idol too. You tell three people and word will get out and then they will know you were lying about it. Seems better to say "I'm only showing it to people I feel I can trust" or some shit. Really, I don't see how Russels game is sustainable for very long. The best he can hope for is to turn into the guy that everyone wants to take to final 2, because they can beat him.

The other three from Foa Foa already knew he had it.

Russell was probably smart to just play the damned thing and be done with it. It's one less piece of skullduggery to juggle in all his lies/outwitting.

Didn't Erik have the other immunity idol? I can't recall. If he did, did anyone else even know about it? And if so are both idols now out of the game?

OK, this is the last week I watch Survivor and DL Flashforward.

Do you remember the flak from back in the day where people were saying Survivor people were given sports bars and other foods? I think we just saw Russell being given the immunity idol. I cry foul.

OK, this is the last week I watch Survivor and DL Flashforward.

Do you remember the flak from back in the day where people were saying Survivor people were given sports bars and other foods? I think we just saw Russell being given the immunity idol. I cry foul.

Where did you see that? Looked like he just found it under the bridge. If he's being given the idols, I agree that that would make anyone swear off of watching it.

but if he wasn't, that episode was EPIC! The look on Dave's face was priceless. I should be rooting for Laura, and I can't figure out why I'm not. Was it her overly religious bullshit? or the hubris that IS the Galu tribe? Whatever it is, I was hopping up and down when Russell played the idol.

If the producers have f***ed us over by twisting the results to such an extent, I'd be seriously considering watching House Hunters Thursdays at 8:00.

Well, at least once in the past 3 seasons, the hidden immunity idol was put back in play afte rbeing used. *shrug* If he's watched at any poinnt in the past 2 years, he probably figured out that it would resurface and just used his time wisely.

I'm not saying that I like him....but aside from Laura's attempts, he appears to be the only one really playing the game.

Yeah, It's not too far fetched. If I was on Survivor, I'd definitely start looking for an immunity idol on day one, and immediately after watching someone play at idol. That just makes sense. They have been recycled before, and honestly, what the hell else are you going to do while you're out there? Lay out and play the coconut bongos like Gervase? It doesn't take much energy to just walk around and poke your nose about. You might as well try. He has nothing to lose by looking, and everything to gain.

I may do a Survivor rewatch and note all the things they do to entertain themselves. Didn't some dude build a bowling alley and it pissed the others off so much they voted him out for being an idiot that very NIGHT?

I'd go have sex with a random blonde chick.

First season was Richard Hatch playin all of them like an instrument. I don't recall any la la la lovin' (that works better verbally than typedally. hmmm. )

I read that they give the people a kit of basic first aid things, period supplies and condoms. Good thing too - could you imagine sexing up someone on the island and later telling the kid that 20 million people witnessed his conception?

That was one hell of an episode! I don't know why they targeted Kelly and not Dave or the other dude (that is so forgettable that I can't even guess what his name is). Dave would have been my choice, because he seems the most intelligent from Galu and much more of a physical threat than Kelly.

It is too damn bad that Laura won the idol, because I would have loved to see her reaction when Russell played his (that said her reaction to Eric's fist pump was pretty damn funny).

Well, at least once in the past 3 seasons, the hidden immunity idol was put back in play afte rbeing used. *shrug* If he's watched at any poinnt in the past 2 years, he probably figured out that it would resurface and just used his time wisely.

Seriously, if you've watched any time in the recent past you would be pretty damn sure that there would be another idol. AND if you know your life in the game depends on finding it are you not going to spend every second looking for it?

During the past 3 seasons, I was unable to point the TV remote in the correct direction unless I had wine. Like a bottle of it. I am starting to think this season sucks because I am watching it while sober. BELIEVE YOU ME!!! I am reconsidering.

I have a hard time believing Russell found TWO idols without clues. Esp with the second one - why think there was another one?

It was natural to assume that the other tribe had a hidden immunity idol too. Thats how it works nearly every season in which the idol is hidden around camp.

And I don't have a problem believing that he found both of them without help. I've actually always wondered why people haven't looked for idols hidden around camp in past seasons.

But it does seem strange that they are putting the idol back into the game after its been used. Putting Eric's idol back in play after he failed to use it followed the precedent set by past games. But re-using an idol thats already been played? I don't think they've ever done that before. By doing so, they're going to set off an open race to find the idol - not sure how I feel about that.

Anyway, tonight's episode - thought it was awesome. I love seeing the underdog team succeed. And the blindside was perfect. Its rare to see an idol played so successfully. Usually, people either get voted out with the idol in their pocket, or they use it when they don't need to. I think it has been used successfully a couple of times in the past, but it doesn't happen often.

Did feel bad for Kelly, though. I can't stand Laura, and wanted her to go home. Or if not her, was hoping to get rid of Dave (the other self-righteous Galu member).

That was one hell of an episode! I don't know why they targeted Kelly and not Dave or the other dude (that is so forgettable that I can't even guess what his name is). Dave would have been my choice, because he seems the most intelligent from Galu and much more of a physical threat than Kelly.

Yeah, I agree. Dave would have been the best target, after Laura.

The other guys are Brett and John. Both would have been good targets too.

But I'm pretty sure they said they were going after Kelly because she was close to Laura. It was between her and Monica, and they got rid of her because she was the bigger physical threat. So basically, they were more concerned with Laura and her main allies than the 3 remaining Galu guys.

Yeah, I agree. Dave would have been the best target, after Laura.

The other guys are Brett and John. Both would have been good targets too.

But I'm pretty sure they said they were going after Kelly because she was close to Laura. It was between her and Monica, and they got rid of her because she was the bigger physical threat. So basically, they were more concerned with Laura and her main allies than the 3 remaining Galu guys.

Yeah, I have to wonder if that's going to come back and bite them in the ass. I can't imagine anyone else flipping from Galu to the Foa Foa 4 (+ Shambo). I would have thought a stronger approach would have been to cut down one of the guys without so much as a second thought. I do understand that they want to fuck over Laura, and I do tend to think she's the strongest PLAYER on Galu, but still. John's playing a pretty decent game, and Brett has flown under the radar so much that he would have been just as easy to pick off as Kelly. But still, it's 5 by 5 now. (Yay Faith reference!)

I loved the look on Monica's face when Russell played the idol. She looked completely nauseous, seeing as how she just warned them all that this might happen, and she wasn't wrong.

I also loved Shambo's poker face during tribal. She feigned shock at the appropriate moments, and then totally overkilled her "I'm mad as hell too, Laura" face. It was comedy. I am not sure that her tribe trusts her (even a little bit), but it was a nice touch to have voted for Russell, even if she (stupidly, IMO) tried to downplay him to the others on their reward. I don't know if they just don't think she has the brains or guts to turn on them, or if they just don't care, but their underestimation of Shambo is going to be the downfall of Galu, methinks. I'll just be sad when she's voted out after she's all used up by Foa Foa. You know there's going to be a brutal TC when that happens.

Dave could have caught numerous flies in his mouth at tribal. I've never seen a jaw literally drop down as far as his did.

This was one of the best Survivor episodes I can remember. I actually watched it twice in a row instead of napping before work, it was that good. I can't wait to read Probst's blog on EW.com about it. Should be hysterical.

The ending was so good that I forgot about the awesomeness at the beginning. Did anybody else find Natalie killing the rat, in her bikini, extremely hot? :drool: and a little disgusting.:ack:

it's 5 by 5 now.

Does anybody know the tiebreaker rules at this point in the game? Is it a fire building face-off or a re-vote with out being able to vote for the tied players?

Loved this episode. For anyone crying foul over Russell finding a second idol without a clue, it is really more of a testament to how bad most survivor players are. By this point you know there will be a hidden immunity idol in both camps and that a played idol (or an idol that leaves the game in the possession of a booted player) gets replaced. Russell was really just banking on the fact that no one in Galu had the idol already. And we even heard him say that it had to be around a visible landmark, because the clues always point to something distinctive that you have to look around. I admire his initiative.

I'm a non-repentant Foa Foa lover, as I love to root for the underdogs. And I absolutely hate Laura. While I would have liked to seen her gone, the look on her face when Russell played the idol and the votes started coming up for her buddy Kelly was just priceless.

The previews for next week were great. It's amazing that one player can bend the game around them to the point that they need to be shadowed at all times. It's just a testament to Russell. He's not the most subtle player, but he warps the game maybe more than any other player in the game's history.

As for the bowling alley, that was Sean in season 1 (who finished 5th). He was the fifth wheel of the Pagong tribe and they just carried him along to the end. He was also famous for his alphabetical voting system. Each week he moved along the alphabet to choose who he was going to vote for. The savvy alliance of 4 was smart enough to use this to their advantage when they still didn't have numbers.

Not_A_Short_Asian_Kid, ;)

The average Survivor player is as about as smart as me, they are *not* as smart as you. Or maybe its self-confidence? Dunno, I know I wouldn't really think about looking for an immunity idol, after the first ones were put out, without clues. I'd base my game on strong alliances, right down to licking taint. You don't need an idol if you have a strong alliance. Or, you don't need it until its final 4.

LOL, what am I saying? I'd be the first or second voted out due to the annoyance factor. :lol:

Archived