Football 16

Mme Erzulie

Title race? More like a title stroll...

Chelsea need to take advantage of Man U's screw ups. Their defense won't be injured forever... Pretty disappointed. Chelsea continually tried to hammer the ball down the middle of the pitch with no width play at all. It got a little better when Yuri Zhirkov came on, but still not enough.

Chelsea are playing a bit shit at the moment. They loose Drogba, Essien (I know he's injured at the moment), Kalou and Mikel in January to the African Cup of Nations so it'll be interesting to see if they can maintain the gap over Man U whose defenders should start to return at the end of this month.

On Toni: manye Arsenal could get him as well. They need a big target man type forward, but he's far too old for Wenger anyway.

If Toni is available on a free, I say pick him up. It's a low risk, but high potential reward situation. Similar to Fergie's Michael Owen deal in my mind. Luca Toni is a proven goal scorer, an asset Liverpool are in dire need of.

The only issue is that he has zero premier league experience. And Liverpool are going to need someone to hit the ground running in January, able to cope with Premier League pace. Even so, it's low risk, since you just have to pay his wages.

Liverpool don't need a goalscorer, they score plenty of goals and when you get right down to it, N'Gog has been absolutely fine filling in for Torres.

What they need is some wingers, some midfielders and some defenders.

I agree. N'Gog, for such a crap player, has been getting goals. I think he is absolutely useless, he does nothing...except get goals. And he's got a good few now...Liverpool really need a good attacking midfielder *coughAquilanicough* and they need to sort out their defence. They have some good players, but they've just been poor.

They don't have the depth in their squad, so while their first 11 is strong, that's where it ends.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see Aron Lennon or David Silva in a Liverpool kit, I just don't think we can get them for free. And that seems to be about our budget these days. Plus, we definitely need a point man to take some attention off Torres. Right now, he's all the opposition defense need worry about, and even as good as he is, you can see he is increasingly frustrated. Ngog doesn't seem completely useless to me, his technique is better than his size and gait would indicate, he does score goals and he does dribble and challenge players (successfully, even, from time to time!). He's quite young, and there are definitely weaknesses to his game, but with the amount of time and trust Rafa has accorded players like Kuyt and Lucas, I can't see why Ngog should be given any less. Still, I don't think he is physically strong enough to be a point man, nor have I seen any indication of aerial skill yet. And those are two of Toni's strengths.

Anyone know the full story at Bayern?

He isn’t in good form (hasn’t been for about a year) and doesn’t get along with Louis van Gaal. That’s about it.

Oh, and he might be the highest paid player in the Bundesliga.

Disgraceful, he didn't elbow anyone. There is a difference between elbowing someone and your elbow hitting of his face. Eblowing someone means a defined striking movement with his elbow. He jumpred with his elbows up and the City player's head hit off it.

That is an absolute disgrace. A yellow would have been fair, a red is very harsh and a suspension is disgraceful.

Disgraceful, he didn't elbow anyone. There is a difference between elbowing someone and your elbow hitting of his face. Eblowing someone means a defined striking movement with his elbow. He jumpred with his elbows up and the City player's head hit off it.

That is an absolute disgrace. A yellow would have been fair, a red is very harsh and a suspension is disgraceful.

Seriously, I think you guys should check the rules.

Archived