Son of US Politics

Inigima

If Oregon is so horribly wrong and evil, why not leave? I am sure you can find a place in which taxes are lower and employee protections virtually nonexistent, most likely in one of those states that consistently ranks lowest in terms of education and literacy and highest in terms of poverty. Try Mississippi or Alabama.

(Pssst-- Tracker, I agree with your points in the abstract, but you are confusing the residences of two different posters. It's Swordfish who lives in Oregon; Smashing Young Man lives in Kentucky, so he's already a lot closer to Mississippi or Alabama than you think. :) )

(Pssst-- Tracker, I agree with your points in the abstract, but you are confusing the residences of two different posters. It's Swordfish who lives in Oregon; Smashing Young Man lives in Kentucky, so he's already a lot closer to Mississippi or Alabama than you think. :) )

Argh...well, I confess it's difficult to keep track of all these for-the-love-of-God-don't-tax-me types.

Weep for the voting publics knowledge of ... well, anything: http://people-press.org/report/586/

Some highlights:

How many people know that no Republicans voted for the Health Care Bill: 32%

How many people think between 5 and 20 Republicans voted for Health Care Bill: 29%

How many people know it takes 60 votes to break a filibuster in the Senate: 26%

How many people think it only takes 51 votes: 25%

There's a bunch of other questions related to various other things. The most known general politics question is "How many people know that China holds the most US debt" which comes in at 59%.

Washington (CNN) -- The White House is considering moving the site of the September 11 attack trial from Manhattan if the Justice Department sees fit, senior administration officials said Friday.

Let's freaking hope the White House changes tack on this horrifically stupid, one-billion dollar waste of money. In Manhattan? How dumb can Holder and Obama be?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/29/terror.trial.site/index.html?hpt=T2

Tempra,

Let's freaking hope the White House changes tack on this horrifically stupid, one-billion dollar waste of money. In Manhattan? How dumb can Holder and Obama be?

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=T2

** Etherial music plays **

I'm looking into the future... I'm seeing a pelthora of Defense Venue motions being made... Then I see evidence motions based upon the fruit of the poisonous tree being made...

Boy will this be a fun trial.

Remind me again, what's the problem with holding this trial in Manhattan? What makes this trial different from all the previous terrorist trials held in Manhattan?

Individual with unreadable cyrillic name,

Remind me again, what's the problem with holding this trial in Manhattan? What makes this trial different from all the previous terrorist trials held in Manhattan?

Nothing. The difference is that Mayor Bloomberg started complaining about the expense to NYC yesterday.

Wow, SYM. That was an aggressively combustible mix of sniveling self-pity and dickheaded arrogance. Now your pattern of beating your chest after Republican victories and vanishing into your Fortress of Solitude after Democratic victories is better explained.

But fear not, Smashing Young John Galt. Despite your courageous life story, as detailed in that post, I'll still always think of you as the deep thinker who gleefully predicted Hillary would hijack the 2008 Democratic Convention and cause black people to riot. See, some people will look at that post and just think of you as a whiny arrogant jerk defending the heights against class warfare. But I still remember the purer, more vile troll that cheered for race war.

I prefer to remember him as the person who said he was sacking all his employees, not because anything had actually changed, but to bring home to them the conssequences of voting Democrat. A true humanitarian.

The consequences of voting Democrat are that your boss is a tool?

Wow, SYM. That was an aggressively combustible mix of sniveling self-pity and dickheaded arrogance. Now your pattern of beating your chest after Republican victories and vanishing into your Fortress of Solitude after Democratic victories is better explained.

But fear not, Smashing Young John Galt. Despite your courageous life story, as detailed in that post, I'll still always think of you as the deep thinker who gleefully predicted Hillary would hijack the 2008 Democratic Convention and cause black people to riot. See, some people will look at that post and just think of you as a whiny arrogant jerk defending the heights against class warfare. But I still remember the purer, more vile troll that cheered for race war.

Feel better? :)

I prefer to remember him as the person who said he was sacking all his employees, not because anything had actually changed, but to bring home to them the conssequences of voting Democrat. A true humanitarian.

Not entirely correct. My primary reason for downsizing was to keep my income under a certain threshold; I believe I stated as much at the time. If consequences were demonstrated as a result, all to the better. For the record, I've started ramping things up once again; the future has looked somewhat rosier of late, and this November will decide if I can go balls to the wall once more.

The majority of small business owners did exactly what I did to one degree or another, and many are feeling a small spark of optimism now that the left has been stymied in their agenda. There are plenty of online communities for small business owners around the web; go lurk and perhaps you'll learn why you can't make your leftist policies work by force of will (or law) or just by wishing really, really hard.

It's interesting how difficult it is to predict whether the economy is well and truly recovering or not. It appears to have done better than expected last quarter:

The U.S. economy grew at the fastest pace in more than six years during the fourth quarter of 2009, according to a government report Friday.

The nation's gross domestic product, the broadest measure of economic activity, rose at a 5.7% annual rate in the fourth quarter. That was much stronger than expected and provides another sign that a recovery in the economy is taking hold.

Not entirely correct. My primary reason for downsizing was to keep my income under a certain threshold; I believe I stated as much at the time. If consequences were demonstrated as a result, all to the better. For the record, I've started ramping things up once again; the future has looked somewhat rosier of late, and this November will decide if I can go balls to the wall once more.

Just make sure not to hire any Democrats, SYM, and save yourself time later on.

For the record, I've started ramping things up once again; the future has looked somewhat rosier of late,

I know, I was cheered by the news that this last quarter saw the most economic growth since 2003. Boy, those Democrats sure are messing up the country, aren't they?

and this November will decide if I can go balls to the wall once more.

I expect this November your balls will shrivel back into the hole you crawl into after your intermittent troll attacks. Jobs will be better, and as Obama suggested in his State of the Union, the Republicans holding the government hostage with their childish bullshit will backfire. Republicans will surely win a few seats, but if you expect to take a majority of anything you're going to be sorely mistaken.

The majority of small business owners did exactly what I did to one degree or another, and many are feeling a small spark of optimism now that the left has been stymied in their agenda.

Can you provide some sources for this? Besides FOX News or tea party websites?

I doubt it, or that you'll even respond to any of this with something resembling intelligence and insight. You see, this country is more conservative than it is liberal. But the kicker is, most conservatives even think people like you who hold the views you do are off the wall.

Expense + media/security circus in downtown Manhattan. Why not the Western/Middle District of Pennsylvania where it would be a hell of a lot cheaper?

Expense + media/security circus in downtown Manhattan. Why not the Western/Middle District of Pennsylvania where it would be a hell of a lot cheaper?

OK, so the next time some gangbanger from Baltimore is on trial, he ought to be tried in Alaska? As far as I know, he's on trial in Manhattan because apparently there were a couple of skyscrapers on Manhattan not there anymore that is somehow relevant to this trial. As for media circus, do you really believe that the location of a trial will have any effect on the media turnout?

So instead of admitting they're absolutely terrified and totally jibbering in fear when near the big bad wol... err... imprisoned terrorists, they're instead lying and saying that it's really costs they're worried about. pshaw.

having the trials in NYC is about the responsible adult (Obama admin) flipping on the lights and opening the closet to show there is not a monster there. Just because all the kiddies are frightened of monsters doesn't mean you have to indulge, coddle and promote their fears and insecurities.

Archived