Justified

Patrick Mallister

I'm two episodes behind and I'm enjoying it but not quite as much as season 1. Sometimes I get the feeling I wouldn't be watching it if not for having the reincarnation of Seth Bullock on screen. I think what's been annoying me this season is how they have turned his ex wife into a bit of an idiot and her husband into an utter idiot.

I'm sticking with it though as it's refreshing to have a show where things tend to go all pear shaped for no apparent reason and when they do it turns out it doesn't really matter. There's a coen brothers vibe to it.

I also like how Crowder keeps getting drawn into trouble regardless of how hard he tries to avoid it.

Yeah, I actually like Dickie. I feel a bit sorry for him half the time.

Not so much Coover though. Couldn't stand that guy.

I think the actor playing Dickie deserves major props as well. He is going overboard every once in a while, but overall, he managed to make Dickie symphatetic.

I was pulling for him to just punch Raylan in the face while Raylan was bullying him this last episode.

I was pulling for him to just punch Raylan in the face while Raylan was bullying him this last episode.

Haha, me too.

Anyone think they know where they are going with Raylan's ex? There was one strange moment at the end of an epiosde a few weeks ago when she smiled secretly and inappropriately. Wonder if im reading too much into that.

Anyone think they know where they are going with Raylan's ex? There was one strange moment at the end of an epiosde a few weeks ago when she smiled secretly and inappropriately. Wonder if im reading too much into that.

It does feel like they are setting up something, though I don't know what.

Speaking of reading too much into minor things: This last episode, Raylan was trying to call the ex-wife but was not able to reach her. I don't think they really followed up on it. I wonder why they threw it out there.

It does feel like they are setting up something, though I don't know what.

Speaking of reading too much into minor things: This last episode, Raylan was trying to call the ex-wife but was not able to reach her. I don't think they really followed up on it. I wonder why they threw it out there.

Kind of figured it was just to give a plausible reason why he didn't get it on with the mining exec.

After to watching the last two episodes the show has defintitely kicked things up. Probably coincides with Raylan's ex not featuring as the main story.

I agree with others in that they are doing a very good job of making the hillbiily family sympathetic and I also thought Raylen was being unduly harsh (especially given the fact it was Raylen who crippled him as a kid). Jeremy Davies is a great actor though and was easily one of the best out of "lost".

The hillbilly mum is a piece of work though as she's made all her kids what they are. She didn't even care about Coover by the end of the episode and was only interested in the little girl.

I keep thinking that Raylan's ex is pregnant ever since the season 2 premier. It may explain the pressure of trying to sort her mortgage out. I don't think Raylan knows so maybe that's why she's disappeared. It did seem odd as they didn't really have an argument aside from Raylan saying his boss new about the cash. Maybe they are setting up season three with her being on the lam in Puerto Rico as some mandatory FX season 3 policy?

I did not see that coming. I have not seen any previews for the next episode, and religiously avoid those, so if there's anything in the preview about the outcome, I don't want to hear it.

Although we didn't see it happen, and she could just be winged, I guess two shots and one scream means bye-bye step-mum.

Just got caught up with the last two episodes last night. I'm really digging the Dickie character, even if his dialogue is a just a bit too smooth.

I would have enjoyed a more aggressive smack outa Mags Bennett to the guy in the diner, too. It seemed too wimpy for her.

I think I'm gonna like Johnny Cowder, too. Too bad only two more episodes this season to flesh him out more this season. Maybe next season.

Raylan and ex don't wanna go to Glencoe. There's nothing in Glencoe. Glad Art put the kibosh on that.

The last episode was very well done, IMO. I didn't really predict the war would go as it did, but I am glad of how things are panning out. Good writing -- season 2 has been pretty strong throughout.

Yeah, I was 'meh' before this season but now... it'll probably be cancelled ;).

Last couple of episodes were great, but am I the only one who feels like Boyd and Eva have been kidnapped and replaced with their evil twins? Those transformations made little sense to me.

It's great and everything, but surely there're only so many times that Boyd can point a gun at Rayland, or the Bennett's are implicated in a crime, or whatever, before Rayland needs to actually do something other than smirk..

Raylan is the only witness to these interactions and with his history with the Bennetts and the Crowders, his word alone is probably not enough to get a conviction. And he knows it.

Archived