London Pub Night - May 2010

Myrddin

Ok, it looks like I'll be in London from May 10th through the 20th. Anyone want to meet up for a night of drinks? Where is a central location for everyone to meet?

I've been to London several times and am quite comfortable getting around, so you guys pick the place and the best night and I'll be there.

Sounds good. Have you anything planned already? What dates can you do?

N

I've nothing planned as yet (since my wife will be in training all day and I'll be bumming around and going to museums during the day :) ), so I'm open.

Weekdays are probably better for me, since we'll probably go somewhere over the weekend break. Not sure where yet. We're talking about Edinburgh before the training starts and then somewhere closer to London on the 15th and 16th.

So shall we say either the 17th, 18th or 19th May? That seems to be the right time for Myrddin and get 'round the weekend issues (and also a send off from these great British Isles?)

N

Those three dates sound fine to me. Although there's something kinda strange about going out on a Monday or maybe that's just me.

heh Going out on a Monday was even rare when I was in college, but I'm up for it if Tuesday and Wednesday aren't good. :)

Which is farther away from London: Colchester or "London-ish"? Wert and Silverstar, what's the best day for you two?

Looking forward to raising a pint with you guys. :cheers:

Which is farther away from London: Colchester or "London-ish"? Wert and Silverstar, what's the best day for you two?

I work in central London, so getting to the pub isn't a problem. Getting home is fine so long as I don't make it too late. Wert is probably the one who will have more trouble as he'll need to come in from outside London, as far as I know.

So any day suits me.

Yup, I live about 60 miles from London so will have to come in on the (quite expensive) train. With three months' warning I'll try to save up for it though ;)

:lol:

Your first beer is on me.

Any preference of days?

I work in central London, so getting to the pub isn't a problem. Getting home is fine so long as I don't make it too late.
Quite a few of us work in central London but don't actually live there (I'm about 40 miles out), hence we're already there during the week.

ETA: I'm not telling Silverstar this because obviously she already knows!

There is a fair chance that sometime this summer I'll be doing some work in the Caucuses and London is one of three stopover options to take via the States. I imagine that I would choose to go through London for a variety of reasons, on of which is the potential for a BWB meet-up - I'd probably only do a 2-night stopover on the way out. But, when/if in London I'd love to meet up at a pub someplace.

It's still quite iffy and I would guess it'll be an early to mid-June sort of timing. I'll know more in a month after Phase I of the project. If it looks like I will be doing the trip I'll start a new thread at that time. But I wanted to give a sort of heads up to the London-area folks.

Archived