London Pub Night - May 2010

Myrddin

There's no reason to hold to the Euston area just because that's where I'll catch the train later. I'm quite comfortable getting around London and getting to one tube stop is much the same as another.

I'd rather pick a pub that is central to you all. Or are you all spread out?

If the Euston area is central for everyone, then the pub Silanah linked to looks nice. And with wireless. :) I might just get there early if my hotel doesn't have wireless.

MinD: South of the river confuses and scares me after I lived there for 5 years!

Z: You're crap. End of! :D

Isis: To be fair we're rarely in the pub so we might not be able to do another night in 2010.

N

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking what's going on. I'd convinced myself something was happening on the 11th but I appear to be getting mixed or clairvoyant.

Did we settle on a date as skimming through the thread it seems 17th-19th are the candidates. I can't do the 17th but the other two days are fine.

I think I'm going to have to pull out, as the money situation is pretty bad at the moment. Sorry not to be able to catch up with everyone :(

Might be up London in late June for the Gemmell Awards, will try to arrange a few drinks or something beforehand :cheers:

We'd settled on the 18th further back in the thread. Would the 19th be OK with everyone?

N

Actually, the 19th is better for me. :) That saves me a trip back and forth from Milton Keynes. Which also means there's no reason to center the night around Euston, unless that's the best place for everyone else. Just tell me the place and I'll be there.

I'm here now in London. I spent the better part of yesterday walking all over. Our hotel is right next to the Eye, so after walking my wife to class, er to her her job training, at the Old Admiralty building, I walked around St James Park until the Westminster Abbey opened. I've been here for four or five times but this it the first time I've been there. Wow. Very impressed. I enjoyed the stroll through history, as it were. I didn't know that Queens Elizabeth and Mary were buried on top of each other. :) Or that Mary Queen of Scots was buried there, though it makes sense since her son was king.

Anyway. Having a good time and looking foward to seeing you all next week. Wednesday sounds great.

And sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it, Wert.

Archived