Football XX

Black Wizard

Apparently we're close to signing Joe Ledley on a free transfer. Have competition with Everton, West Ham, etc. for his signature, but he was shown around our training complex and it looks like he's going to become a Celtic player. Good signing, first of the summer. We were supposed to have been close to signing Steven Reid, which I would have approved of. Didn't manage that one, however. I think he would have done a good job for us. I like him. Disappointing he hasn't played more over the last couple of seasons or so.

We're being linked with Craig Bellamy, as well, but fuck him. He had his chance.

AS Roma have joined the race to sign Joe Ledley as well. Methinks they have a bit more money to offer him than Celtic and Champions League football to look forward to. That being said, it's unusual for British players to go abraod these days unless it's for money at the end of their careers. Rangers were apparently showing interest in him as well, but I thought that Rangers and West Ham had no money.

Well, I agree that I don't know why Barca would want Fabregas. I could see why 99% of the other teams in the world might want him, but Barca is already endowed with similar players of similar skill. It's Xavi who's kept Fabregas out of the Spanish first 11.

I imagine though that if they do buy him, they will have a use for him in mind, and if that works out, they will probably be stronger for it. Or maybe they are interested in Fabregas for squad depth :)

Well, I agree that I don't know why Barca would want Fabregas. I could see why 99% of the other teams in the world might want him, but Barca is already endowed with similar players of similar skill. It's Xavi who's kept Fabregas out of the Spanish first 11.

I could see him taking Iniesta's role in midfield, with the latter moving into the left forward position, where he has played before. And of course it's always nice to have a deeper squad.

AS Roma have joined the race to sign Joe Ledley as well. Methinks they have a bit more money to offer him than Celtic and Champions League football to look forward to. That being said, it's unusual for British players to go abraod these days unless it's for money at the end of their careers. Rangers were apparently showing interest in him as well, but I thought that Rangers and West Ham had no money.

Fuck sake. Roma need to stop putting so much weight in my words.

I could see him taking Iniesta's role in midfield, with the latter moving into the left forward position, where he has played before. And of course it's always nice to have a deeper squad.

Then I suppose that Thierry Henry would be on his way out?

Then I suppose that Thierry Henry would be on his way out?

It's not like he's been getting a lot of playing time lately, and scored just 4 goals total in the entire season. He's fallen way behind Pedro and Bojan in the pecking order.

Far more worrying is the rumour that Gerrard is Mourinho's primary transfer target this season.

Yeah, what the hell Jose? I thought you wanted to win things? Apparently he doesn't believe he'll last past Christmas, either.:P

Far more worrying is the rumour that Gerrard is Mourinho's primary transfer target this season.

al parties considered should consider the track record liverpool's players have after they move to real madrid

The Mourinho rumors are going to be extremely silly all summer long. He's gonna get linked with Gerrard plus every player he's ever managed.

Maicon makes a certain amount of sense though. You can put him in at right back and move Ramos back to centre back, his natural position.

Yeah, not sure what Baxus' reasoning is here. As Jon pointed out, McMannaman had a successful period there. Alonso and Arbeloa had good seasons last year. Part of the reason Real pushed to such great heights, once again. Most responsible were Ronaldo and Higuain, but Alonso and Arbeloa helped Madrid enough to warrant some credit.

Archived