So I read a Stanek book

Larry.

I'm a little impressed by the suggestion that he's big in Burkina Faso. I wonder if anyone ever told him that simply hurling crates full of your books out of a helicopter while flying over a country doesn't technically count as a "book deal".

:rofl:

Not to mention the poor Burkina Faso children who were killed by those crates flying down.

Wait...how would Stanek afford a helicopter? Unless he builds it himself from cardboard and plastic, then uses his powerful imagination?

Again, i'm no Stanek fan. But those photos seem to have been proven to be legit. Per Edelman's website (the first accuser of the lie)

Update 11/18/09: Thanks to Mainer 122′s comment below, I've just become aware of a blog post by Stanek containing what appears to be the original of the photo below. Looks like it might be authentic after all — or at least a Photoshopped version of an authentic photo of Stanek with Brian Jacques. In which case I owe Mr. Stanek an apology, at least about the photo. I'll reserve judgment for now about the fake reviews and web postings. (And for the record, I've never questioned Mr. Stanek's military service.)

Just saying.

After reading the sporking referenced above, there can be little doubt that the photo was altered - perhaps to give the appearance that Mr. Stanek aka RS :stunned: was an author signing books alongside Mr. Jaques, rather than a fan getting a book signed. The original caption also gives that impression.

It's all about the trash, man.

Edited to fix goofed up emoticon. Hate emoticons! Grrrrr!

Stanek is responsible for literacy and math.

Dear Reader,

An early launch for the continuation of the "Bugville Learning Adventures" series! These are stories and concepts I've used to teach my own children for many years. The series kicked off in audio with the release of "Adventures with Letters and Words." The follow ups were "Every Letter Has a Sound," "Every Number Counts," and "The BIG Number Count Down." So far only "Letters and Words" is in print. The others will follow.

You are late to this game. Stanek is bullshit. There is more than ample proof by this point.

Oh, i'm well versed in the ways of Stanek... Hell, i even knew and analyst that was stationed with him in Japan. The guy's a whackadoo, don't get me wrong, but he actually did go to the book signing with Mr. Jacques. Now, he may have made it look as if he was on the same book signing stand as good old brian, but the assertions that he photoshopped himself in are wrong.

The guy's a douche, i'm not defending him. Let's just make sure we are destroying him for the wrong reasons.

More Robbie chicanery:

http://wwwwolf.livejournal.com/247878.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Robert_Stanek

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Grutness/archive16#Robert_Stanek

about the Wiki scandal:

The following is the text of the Wikipedia pages created by readers of my books. Apparently this Wikipedia page was so threatening to certain persons that it needed to be deleted.

Thank you to the readers who believed so much in my work that they created these wonderful pages.

Thank you to those who secreted these pages away and preserved them.

Thank you to those who continue to send updates of these pages c/o robertstanek @ robertstanek.com.

I thank you for all the care you put into this.

God bless and take care,

Robert Stanek

Oh, i'm well versed in the ways of Stanek... Hell, i even knew an analyst that was stationed with him in Japan.

So the I-served-in-the-military part was true, at least. But I'm automatically assuming that everything Stanek claims is a figment of his imagination, so what do I know.

I still say all the military awards and prestige are fabrications.

Actually, I had a look at the older Stanek thread. Another board member looked up the Flying Cross Awards and it seems like Stanek's award is legit.

But that just goes to show that once you become a pathological liar, no one will believe jack shit of your statements.

• 4 weeks later...

Stanek's video.....trailer.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1442451116265

His narration is both everything and nothing. It says so much about his writing and himself that I am hesitant to say anything about it for fear of influencing the casual observor, who, I think, is best off experiencing Robert Stanek untainted by outside opinion, even this post.

Holy.... :stunned:

Though the credits do say that the "voicing" was done by one Karl Fehr, rather than St*nek himself. Unless this is another one of his secret identities?

Either way... I'm not sure I could imagine a less inspiring introduction to a fantasy series. "Let me spend a minute and a half describing some lame fantasy geography". No characters? No conflict?

Does he really have a place called middle earth? God damn it.

And I like how books are banned for everyone but scholars and nobles. So, really, banned from everyone who wouldn't really want or need them in any way. Logical.

Was this part of something larger? Why would it just end at the words of power?

I don't think he means the actual novels that he wrote, but books within the context of the fantasy land that he created. Like, he was saying that, "In Stanekland, the only people allowed to read books are nobles and scholars*" (Also known as "people who could read books if they had them").

Stanek's video.....trailer.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1442451116265

His narration is both everything and nothing. It says so much about his writing and himself that I am hesitant to say anything about it for fear of influencing the casual observor, who, I think, is best off experiencing Robert Stanek untainted by outside opinion, even this post.

I hear "Ruin Mist" and I can't help thinking that it's being pronounced

I hear "Ruin Mist" and I can't help thinking that it's being pronounced

I disagree. I think of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's parody voices on South Park, and although not the best sample, there is something about Stanek that I associate with The Chamber of Farts.

• 1 year later...

This necro made me check out his page again, and has anyone noticed that there are no reviews on his Amazon page now? Did Amazon finally figure him out?

edit: Oh, this was discussed in part 3 of the article. Sorry, I do so miss those reviews.

Archived